Senior Member Hall of Famer

McGregor vs Mayweather

What a joke lol. Might as well have the fastest NFL players race against Olympic track stars. McGregor dabbles in boxing as part of a wide range of dozens of techniques he has to master for the UFC ring. He's 28, meaning he's spent around 1/15th (Really, really rough guess but fair enough) of his training time over his 10 year career working on boxing, and practicing those skills against others who work on boxing even less. He's had very little pure boxing practice.

Vs a 40 year old with 22 years of experience with purely boxing, who has practiced nothing but boxing, against nothing but the worlds best boxers, who has never been defeated in 49 matches vs those boxers. By the numbers, Mayweather has boxed around 200x more than McGregor over their lives, and McGregors experience is limited to training and really weak boxing opponents in the UFC ring.

Everyone hyping the fight keeps talking about the "punchers chance" McGregor has and its so disrespectful to Mayweather and the sport of boxing in general. He has no punchers chance, he has no hope of landing anything meaningful on history's best defensive fighter. McGregor will punch himself out of energy within 5 rounds and Mayweather will laugh his way to an easy decision.
    Last edited by Kyle; 06-19-2017 at 03:27 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I see this fight like I see coitus with my wife. A bunch of whining, arguing, and build-up, followed by 2-3 minutes of action. If I can't see it for free, I'm not seeing it. Even then, I might not want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I see this fight like I see coitus with my wife. A bunch of whining, arguing, and build-up, followed by 2-3 minutes of action.
    funniest thing I've read in ages.... thanks Doc.

I see this fight like I see coitus with my wife. A bunch of whining, arguing, and build-up, followed by 2-3 minutes of action. If I can't see it for free, I'm not seeing it. Even then, I might not want to.
    Perfect

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Doc

Well put Kyle. I do believe the hiatus and age factors give McGregor an early punchers chance but Mayweather will not let that happen. You can bet your ass he will take this serious, be prepared, weather the early push then dance his way to victory. Really he should make Mcgregor look silly. I'll be watching even tho most would agree the pre-fight BS will be more entertaining...
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

The only part of this fight that intrigues me is if McGregor gets frustrated and goes MMA on him. Other than that, I really have no interest.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    The only part of this fight that intrigues me is if McGregor gets frustrated and goes MMA on him. Other than that, I really have no interest.
    I'd pay $200 if I knew this would happen for sure. My buddy who is still a huge boxing fan will get this fight, I'll just go over to his place so I only have to chip in $5-10 just to say I saw it. I'm in no way pumped for this fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I'd pay $200 if I knew this would happen for sure. My buddy who is still a huge boxing fan will get this fight, I'll just go over to his place so I only have to chip in $5-10 just to say I saw it. I'm in no way pumped for this fight though.
    Yeah, I can't disagree with all the analysts predicting Mayweather running around for every round and an exhausted McGregor chasing him uselessly until a losing decision. I don't know why so many others are predicting Mayweather will knock out Conner. Maybe at 25. Not at 40. He won't even try to knock out McGregor, it would be a silly risk when he knows the judges are gonna give him the decision.

Its gonna be an even worse version of the Pacquiao fight because instead of a top-20 all time fighter like Pacquiao chasing around Mayweather, we're gonna get some untested MMA guy who can hardly even last five rounds vs a mediocre fighter like Nate Diaz who has never fought with gloves on. He'll be exhausted by round 3 and throwing limp punches for the rest of the fight while Mayweather smiles and dances.

I hope McGregor steps outside the rules as well, but it'll only get him disqualified. Knowing Floyd, he probably even added clauses to the contract where McGregor loses a ton of money if he does blatantly hit Floyd illegally.
    Last edited by Kyle; 06-29-2017 at 01:37 PM.

I hope McGregor steps outside the rules as well, but it'll only get him disqualified. Knowing Floyd, he probably even added clauses to the contract where McGregor loses a ton of money if he does blatantly hit Floyd illegally.
    Or they can say fuck it and know that the same idiots that paid for #1 will pony up for #2. If McGregor gets DQ'd and doesn't lose, that could set up another fight. That way, they get paid twice.

Or they can say fuck it and know that the same idiots that paid for #1 will pony up for #2. If McGregor gets DQ'd and doesn't lose, that could set up another fight. That way, they get paid twice.
    Honestly, I'm inclined to say your suggestion is even more likely than mine, even though you dug further into the rabbit hole. These two guys are so on top of their marketing strategy and so far ahead of anyone else in the history of their respective sports at monetizing their talents, I would actually bet money that they have a plan exactly like you proposed. If not exactly that, then something similarly outrageous where they manipulate people into demanding a rematch and don't give the viewers time to appreciate the difference in boxing skill.

This has been by far the most embarrassing, over the top, crass, and disrespectful promotional campaign I've ever seen in the history of professional combat sports.

Last night (their 3rd event) was just such a total fucking joke. Why is McGregor getting progressively more racist with each passing event? Is this really needed to build hype for this fight? Total shit show.

McGregor's personality only works when its dominating the other person. Passive UFC fighters make Connor a valuable personality. But when the other person is just as ego-maniacal as McGregor and willing to reply to every single word and get louder and louder with each reply, it takes about 2-3 minutes for both of them to totally lose control of themselves. And for a second, its good TV. Then a few more seconds goes by and that changes. Its really bad TV and even the biggest McGregor fans I know are beyond ready to see this press tour end.
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-14-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    It's a joke I agree. It got a huge turnout in Toronto though with the crowd being mostly UFC fans cheering for Connor. They had more people in Toronto to see these guys yell at each other than the Argos football team gets at a home game.

Had to laugh at Mayweather wearing shoes that make him taller last night. These guys are trying to do anything and everything to get an edge on the other.

They are doing just what they want though, everyone, even people who could careless about boxing or UFC are talking about this now.

Thread Information