Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar

Who to start - 2016 Edition

I'll start it off...

0.5 ppr, 0.5 pt bonus for 40+ yd plays (receptions, runs, completions), return TDs count for 6 pts but return yds don't count. Otherwise fairly standard cats:

Pick 1 RB and one WR/RB Flex:

Duke Johnson Jr (CLE-RB) @PHI
    Amber Abdullah (DET-RB) @IND
    Steve Smith Sr. (BAL-WR) vs.BUF

I'm a little wary of Smith Sr 1st gm back from major achilles injury last season, but I'm open to suggestion if he's a better option than either RB

Different league, 0.5 ppr, no pts for return yds or TDs, otherwise standard cats:

pick 1 RB and 1 WR/RB flex:

Melvin Gordon (SD-RB) @KC
    Duke Johnson Jr. (CLE-RB) @PHI
    Theo Riddick (DET-RB) @IND
    Eric Decker (NYJ-WR) vs.CIN

Right now I'm rollin' with DJJ and Decks.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Anybody need some input on their tough lineup decisions for wk 1? Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours... but time is running out...

Duke and Amber (hahaha)

Gordon and Decker (though playing Duke for Gordon can't hurt)

Marvin Jones Jr @ Indy
    or
    Desean Jackson vs Pit

Thanks!

I'm biased being a lions fan, but I feel strongly that Jones is gonna have a big gm. Indy is down 2 starting DBs and has other injuries on D. Stafford is going to throw a lot and Jones looked awesome in preseason and seems to have great rapport with Stafford. I'd go with Jones.

Yeah Marvin for sure

Last minute call due to inactives.

PPR League - Flex spot

J.Edelman @ ARI
    or
    Terrence West vs BUF (Buck Allen is inactive leaving only Forsett and West who is goal line back)

Week 2 - PPR League

Pick 1
    S.Ware @ HOU (I only ask about Ware since I have HOU defense)
    J.Stewart vs LAR

Pick 1
    HOU DST vs KC
    BAL DST vs CLE

Right now I have Ware and BAL in the lineup.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Week 2 - PPR League

Pick 1
    S.Ware @ HOU (I only ask about Ware since I have HOU defense)
    J.Stewart vs LAR

Pick 1
    HOU DST vs KC
    BAL DST vs CLE

Right now I have Ware and BAL in the lineup.
    I expect a huge bounce back performance from CAR this week. With that said, how much of the run offense will be conducted by Newton himself is always an issue. After those hits last week he should smarten up and hand it off to Stewart more often but Newton's ego could fill a stadium. I am not aboard the Ware hype train yet but I could just be bitter since I have Charles.

CLE will be in shambles trying to figure what kind of offense they are. I'd fade them until they prove they know how to move the ball.

My thought is if I'm going with BAL DST then I have to play Ware over Stewart due to his monster game last week, Charles still being out and the fact that Newton can and does steal TD's away from Stewart. If someone convinces me to play HOU DST then I would be much more willing to play Stewart. I also have Rawls playing this week vs LAR since he was named the starter and SF ran all over them.

So maybe the better thing to post would have been:

Pick 2
    Rawls @ LAR
    Ware @ HOU
    Stewart vs SF

Rawls and Stewart for me. BAL DST.

Struggling with this one, mostly due to the mediocrity of my options:

0.5 ppr league. return tds are 6 pts, return yds don't count. 0.5 pt bonus for 40+ yd plays.

Pick one RB and two WR/RB/TE Flex options:

J.Stewart vs.SF
    D.Woodhead vs.Jax
    A.Abdullah vs.TEN
    Duke Johnson Jr. vs.BAL
    W.Fuller vs.KC
    V.Jackson @ARI
    S.Smith Sr. @CLE
    E.Ebron vs.TEN

Which 2 RB for week 2?
    A. Peterson vs GB
    D. Williams vs Concy
    S. Ware @ Hous

Thanks!

AP definitely. The other call is tough since both are playing real well. Since I have Ware on my $$$ team I am going to say him since CIN plays PIT tough.

My thought is if I'm going with BAL DST then I have to play Ware over Stewart due to his monster game last week, Charles still being out and the fact that Newton can and does steal TD's away from Stewart. If someone convinces me to play HOU DST then I would be much more willing to play Stewart. I also have Rawls playing this week vs LAR since he was named the starter and SF ran all over them.

So maybe the better thing to post would have been:

Pick 2
    Rawls @ LAR
    Ware @ HOU
    Stewart vs SF
    Tough call. If Rawls was for sure getting a ton of volume, I'd go with him and Ware, otherwise Ware and Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Struggling with this one, mostly due to the mediocrity of my options:

0.5 ppr league. return tds are 6 pts, return yds don't count. 0.5 pt bonus for 40+ yd plays.

J.Stewart vs.SF
    D.Woodhead vs.Jax
    A.Abdullah vs.TEN
    Duke Johnson Jr. vs.BAL
    W.Fuller vs.KC
    V.Jackson @ARI
    S.Smith Sr. @CLE
    E.Ebron vs.TEN
    Stewart, Woodhead and a toss-up between Abdullah and Fuller for the last spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Which 2 RB for week 2?
    A. Peterson vs GB
    D. Williams vs Concy
    S. Ware @ Hous

Thanks!
    Very tough call! MIN needs to get their passing game going so that the box isn't stacked against AP and I don't know if that is going to happen this week...plus they might be throwing a lot if it's a blow out. Ware and Williams should get lots of volume...but hard to sit AP.
    Last edited by b_illin; 09-16-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Pick 2
    Rawls @ LAR
    Ware @ HOU
    Stewart vs SF
    I'd go with the hot hand in Ware. Rawls doesn't impress me though with Wilson nursing that ankle maybe they turn to him more often. To me it's a toss up between Ware/Rawls with my leaning to Ware because you know what you're getting with KC offense.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post

J.Stewart vs.SF
    D.Woodhead vs.Jax
    A.Abdullah vs.TEN
    Duke Johnson Jr. vs.BAL
    W.Fuller vs.KC
    V.Jackson @ARI
    S.Smith Sr. @CLE
    E.Ebron vs.TEN
    D.Woodhead vs.Jax

J.Stewart vs.SF
    Duke Johnson Jr. vs.BAL

E.Ebron vs.TEN

W.Fuller vs.KC
    A.Abdullah vs.TEN

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Which 2 RB for week 2?
    A. Peterson vs GB
    D. Williams vs Concy
    S. Ware @ Hous

Thanks!
    Peterson because you Always Play Your Studs and D'Angelo because the guy is playing like a man possessed and only has limited shelf life, might as well squeeze every last point out of him.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Williams/the starting Steelers RB is far and beyond the most untouchable fantasy RB in the league this year (and last) and you simply don't bench whoever the fuck starts for them, even if its your grandma. They're almost a guaranteed lock to score a TD or two due to the efficient offense but also because of a total lack of redzone targets once that efficient offense gets downfield. No towering Bryant and even Ledarius Green unavailable. Brown and gang are fantastic WR but not dominant red zone threats. The Steelers offense will have at least 5 redzone chances in virtually every game they'll play, sometimes as much as 10, and that alone makes their starting RB a dominant play from the TD perspective because their redzone offense is heavily skewed towards the run and dump offs to RBs.

This is completely ignoring the fact that whoever starts for the Steelers also averages well over 100 total yards per game and gets generous pass targets.

Quite frankly, D Williams is clearly a starter ahead of AP and Ware and arguably anyone in the NFL not named Laveon Bell.

AP simply isn't the stud he once was. He started falling way off pace after week 9 in 2015 and this year he looks more like week 10-16 AP last year than weeks 1-9.

I'd play Ware over AP, and I have to re-emphasize that no matter what happens this week, you are an absolute certified lunatic if you somehow convince yourself to bench the Steelers starting RB. He doesn't need a name because it doesn't matter who that person is. Whoever starts for the Steelers is the #1 play that week, every week, barring extreme match up luck. AP over Ware is fair play though if you just can't wrap your head around benching AP.
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-16-2016 at 04:20 PM.

FWIW, if you add up their 16 starts (and leave out a few useless yards Williams got here and there while he was Bell's backup), you get a 16 game season with 1450 rushing yards, 14 rushing TD, and 64 catches for 500 yards. The Steelers starting RB reigns supreme.

Also, Key, I think you misunderstood Chg. You listed way too many. He just wanted one RB and then two flex spots.

Woodhead is the obvious start. For the next two, I go Stewart and Abdulluh, but you can easily argue someone like Fuller ahead of Abdulluh.
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-16-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    2 QBs
    Flacco @ CLE
    Palmer vs TB
    Rivers vs JAX

1 WR
    TBenjamin vs JAX
    Will Fuller vs KC
    Steve Smith @ CLE

1 Flex
    TBenjamin
    Will Fuller
    Steve Smith
    Melvin Gordon vs JAX
    Matt Jones vs DAL

Noteable FA's

TJ Yeldon
    Tevin Coleman
    Mike Wallace
    Eli Rogers
    Nelson Agholor
    Philip Dorsett
    Victor Cruz
    Last edited by Dubz; 09-17-2016 at 10:22 AM.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Flacco, Palmer, Benji and Smith/Gordon.

Flacco, Palmer, Benji and Smith/Gordon.
    Thats who i have in (Gordon in the last spot) but having a tough time benching Rivers for Flacco even tho he has the better matchup.

Would you guys replace Jones with TJ Yeldon or Tevin Coleman?

Struggling to bench Rivers? Let me help convince you.

Rivers was near 200 yards and had a TD when Allen left with 2 mins to go in the 2nd. He finished the game with ~50 more yards, no more TDs, and very few first downs. That is the difference Allen makes to his production.

But 1 game is a small sample size. Lets use an entire season.

Last year, through 7 games, Rivers was on pace to compete for the single season yardage record (5500 yard pace), was on pace for 35 TDs, was throwing for 70% completion and a fantastic 8 yards per attempt.

The next 9 games, with Allen hurt early in the first of 9, Rivers yard per game dropped nearly 100, from 350 to just over 250. His TD per game went from 2.2 to 1.5. His completion % dipped from 70% to 63%, and his YPA dipped staggeringly from 8 to less than 6.5.

Like it or not the second Allen got carted off the field, your Tom Brady turned into Nick Foles. That roster spot is no longer a good QB, it's now a very mediocre QB who wouldn't even deserve the roster spot but for the fact that you're in a 2 qb format.

This same thing applies to Benjamin exactly. Would you like to know which SD receiver benefited from Keenan Allen's injury last year? Not a single fucking one of them lol. He finished as their top WR in catches and yards BY FAR in only 7 games. The offense was simply worthless, with nothing but Danny Woodhead to dump it too.

Benjamin is okay. He's not a good WR, he's just a speedster. And speedsters don't beat double coverage, which is exactly what any defense playing the chargers will do because Benjamin is the only genuine threat left on the field.

Thanks....Flacco has some pretty ugly numbers vs the Browns but def worth the start this week. Maybe i should trade Rivers for a WR lol

Yeah, in fairness, I wasn't exactly singing Flacco's praises. Truth be told, you could probably still convince yourself to play Rivers over Flacco most weeks. I like the Browns matchup this week though.

I'd also start thinking hard about Coleman over Matt Jones. Matt Jones is the worst starting RB in the NFL by far. Coleman is coming. Freeman played above his head last year and that job is definitely not locked up. Coleman will have his opportunities every week to possibly eventually become the starter.

I had him pegged at around week 5 but im afraid it may happen sooner. Jones is already losing all passing downs and isnt very good at all (had more fumbles than TDs last year lol) so im gonna do it before someone else does. I ended up picking up Yeldon as well. He is projected 12 points vs Gordons 8

TJ Yeldon @ SD
    or
    Melvin Gordon vs Jax

I'd go Yeldon. I don't think GOrdon will have the chance to score 2 TDs again. Yeldon will have a wayy better offense to put him in position to score more, and I can't imagine him running less than 2 YPC again. He also got almost twice the workload as Gordon did last week. Yeldon is solid.

Which WR#3 (Decker already play, and I assume Dez Bryant is an always start?

DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
    or
    Jeremy Macklin @ Houston
    or
    Tajae Sharp @ Detroit
    Last edited by Buckeye; 09-18-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Which TE?
    A. Gates vs. Tenn

E. Ebron vs. Jax

Wow, the Chargers offense is making me look like a total fool. The Jags seem to have regressed majorly this year. ALL the Chargers guys are going absolutely nutts. Difficult to trust this going forward without Allen or Woodhead, the Jags might just be that shitty.

Wow....i left alot of points on the bench. 48 from Rivers and Gordon alone. Still hoping to get lucky and squeak out a win tho. Glad i didnt trade rivers lol

Thread Information