Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    All they wanted was to beat Canada and it backfired huge on them. It's like they forgot they would be playing other teams as well.

North America sure is a hit. The Air Canada Centre can't keep up with their merchandise sales.

Finland win today over Russia would mean a North America vs Canada semi final game. Yes please.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    All they wanted was to beat Canada and it backfired huge on them. It's like they forgot they would be playing other teams as well.
    Exactly. Though Torts' quotes highlight that mentality more than Lombardi's, and I honestly don't expect Torts to learn anything at this point. Besides, it's not like their team construction actually helps them play against Canada, either.

With Lombardi's "We wanted a core that cares" comments or whatever and "Justin Abdelkader, Blake Wheeler, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Kesler, David Backes, Iíll take those guys any day" it just sounds like he's saying 'We sucked, but you know, I wouldn't really do anything differently.'

North America sure is a hit. The Air Canada Centre can't keep up with their merchandise sales.

Finland win today over Russia would mean a North America vs Canada semi final game. Yes please.
    Yup. Finland probably would love to play spoiler to Russia, too, so I could see it happening.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 09-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Thread Information