Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 331 to 352 of 352
  1. #331
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,081
    SN or TSN reporting 10 draft picks acquired over the next three drafts. We wont find out till tomo
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  2. #332
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Whoa. Blackhawks just traded Panarin to the Jackets to get Saad back. Frank Seravalli says Toews and Kane made it known they missed Saad.

  3. #333
    Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,497
    hahahaha wtf

    Panarin + Motte for Saad and Forsberg. Really is saad that much loved to get rid of a 70pt LW? I know the hawks have cap problems but seriously that is crazy. Toews and Kane's contracts are screwing them.





  4. #334
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Now ARI just sent the 7th overall pick and DeAngelo to the Rangers for Stepan and Raanta.

  5. #335
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
    hahahaha wtf

    Panarin + Motte for Saad and Forsberg. Really is saad that much loved to get rid of a 70pt LW? I know the hawks have cap problems but seriously that is crazy. Toews and Kane's contracts are screwing them.
    I don't think the salary cap had anything to do with this. Their cap hits are a wash.

  6. #336
    Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,497
    then it just makes even less sense. Chicago is in cap hell already.



    actually i just looked it up on capfriendly. Forsberg is a RFA and would have to be signed for less than a million ($650 000 last season) for Chi to save a little.
    Last edited by Rocklobster; 06-23-2017 at 12:04 PM. Reason: capfriendly





  7. #337
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    At the end of the playoffs Stan Bowman said there would be changes, guess he was not joking.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-23-2017 at 12:14 PM.

  8. #338
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,081
    I like that trade for ARI. The Saad trade is a fkn joke. CHI will regret that one right out of the gate

    Edit: Vegas should have grabbed Raanta and flipped him. Dumb fks only took 3 goalies. If/when MAF goes down they will have Pickard and Berube to fall back on. They took a bunch of useless dmen instead of cornering the goalie market. Guess we will see how their 6th and 7th round picks in 2020 work out for them in 2025 lol
    Last edited by Dubz; 06-23-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  9. #339
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Vegas has 29 draft picks in the next three yeas.. 5 of those are 1st's and 7 of them are 2nd's. That's what they wanted more than anything. Now they just have to hit on a few of those. They have three 1st's and three 2nd's in this draft alone.

  10. #340
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Vegas had the best draft IMO. They got some very good players. How they got Hauge in round 2 I have no idea. Most had him going 1st round. Heck if Liljegren hadn't of fallen to the Leafs I would have been happy with Hague at 17.

    Kings getting Vilardi 11th is also a steal. He could've went top 5 and no one would have questioned it.

    I was hoping for Liljegren to the Leafs, but I never thought he'd get to them. Most people who have seen him play say he reminds them of Karlsson. I'll be just fine if he's even just half as good as Karlsson.

  11. #341
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    I love McDavid, but 8 years at $13.25M per seems excessive. Leaving some money on the table has allowed Pittsburgh to keep both Crosby and Malkin.


  12. #342
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Crosby played his first year at $8.7 million in 2008-09. The cap was $56.7 million that season. That means Crosby took up around 15.34% of the total cap that year.

    McDavid will play his first year at $13.25 million in 2018-19. Let's assume a cap of $77 million ($2 million above 16-17). McDavid will take up 17.2%.

    If McDavid took the same 15.34% of the cap, he'd make $11.8 million, leaving just under $1.4 million on the table for other players. The difference, really, between signing a veteran bottom-6 player versus having an ELC player fill that spot. I think it's worth it for McDavid.

    Did the math yesterday after listening to talk radio about how McDavid is screwing his team and look at what Crosby did... its totally different contexts in which they're signing - why don't we compare McDavid to what Gretzky signed for in the 80s while we're at it.

  13. #343
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,758
    He's clearly arguably the best player in the league right now so he's worth it, but every bit helps. It might only be $1.4M but $1.4M has forced teams to have to deal players that they haven't wanted to. Teams have lost out on signing players because they've been a little short. In his favor is the fact that Crosby already had Malkin on the team when he signed the deal, so it was to his benefit to potentially leave a little money for the team. Edmonton has some nice players, but they don't have a Malkin riding shotgun. I would never fault a player for taking the money and my comments might have appeared that I was doing that. I would have liked the team to bring up the subject. Maybe they did.


  14. #344
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    He's clearly arguably the best player in the league right now so he's worth it, but every bit helps. It might only be $1.4M but $1.4M has forced teams to have to deal players that they haven't wanted to. Teams have lost out on signing players because they've been a little short. In his favor is the fact that Crosby already had Malkin on the team when he signed the deal, so it was to his benefit to potentially leave a little money for the team. Edmonton has some nice players, but they don't have a Malkin riding shotgun. I would never fault a player for taking the money and my comments might have appeared that I was doing that. I would have liked the team to bring up the subject. Maybe they did.
    And no doubt it's going to be tight because Draisaitl is going to want close to $10mm. Really, the big albatross is going to be the Lucic deal, which sucked from the very start. What I could see happening is them moving RNH and his $6mm cap hit out the door, and grabbing two guys at $3mm each to fill out their roster.

  15. #345
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    phaneuf6...you hearing anything for tomorrow?

  16. #346
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    phaneuf6...you hearing anything for tomorrow?
    Sorry dude, I had lots actually but was up north so didn't have time to log on. Was golfing with Holland when Montreal called him actually.

  17. #347
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,081
    The Avs are loading up - Yakupov and Bernier. Look out (Sorry Joe i love ya man but this is not making this team any better) They have 3 defencemen signed and a really bad looking entry level list. I know they wanted to get a lot out of Duchene but atp perhaps they are forced to wait to do a deadline deal. Sad state of affairs in COL right now.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  18. #348
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    The Avs are loading up - Yakupov and Bernier. Look out (Sorry Joe i love ya man but this is not making this team any better) They have 3 defencemen signed and a really bad looking entry level list. I know they wanted to get a lot out of Duchene but atp perhaps they are forced to wait to do a deadline deal. Sad state of affairs in COL right now.
    Frankly, I don't hate their forwards...

    Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
    Duchene-Wilson-Soderberg

    That's not a terrible looking top 6, especially if Duch/Landeskog/Mackinnon play like they are capable of playing. Obviously they are lacking on the backend, but lots of cap space and a ton of serviceable D out there still.

  19. #349
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Sorry dude, I had lots actually but was up north so didn't have time to log on. Was golfing with Holland when Montreal called him actually.
    All good, no worries. Did he have other offers?

  20. #350
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Frankly, I don't hate their forwards...

    Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
    Duchene-Wilson-Soderberg

    That's not a terrible looking top 6, especially if Duch/Landeskog/Mackinnon play like they are capable of playing. Obviously they are lacking on the backend, but lots of cap space and a ton of serviceable D out there still.
    Yeah i wouldn't say hate at all. Just trying to justify keeping any of them in fantasy hockey is tormenting atp
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  21. #351
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    All good, no worries. Did he have other offers?
    PIT and BOS. Went with MTL. BOS came in too late and PIT only offered 1 year.

  22. #352
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    PIT and BOS. Went with MTL. BOS came in too late and PIT only offered 1 year.
    Turning down PIT would be hard.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •