Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    They're saying Collin Miller now is going to Boston. One of the only 2 AHL players ever to win hardest shot and fastest skater at the same competition. Shoots over 105 MPH. Seems to be a promising offensive D-man. 50 pts in 70 games this year. 19 goals.
    Last edited by Kyle; 06-26-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    I'm honestly impressed Boston was willing to trade Lucic at all.

So are we thinking Boston wants to send all three of their picks (along with Jones possibly) to get Arizona's 3rd overall?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Bruins go from a horrible return for Hamilton to fleecing the Kings, strange day.

Ah just saw there's a large amount of salary retained on Lucic, not quite as bad for LA as i thought.
    Last edited by boredguy; 06-26-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Apparently Oilers offered 16, 33 and 57 for Hamilton and the Bruins went with the weaker Flames offer cause they're butthurt about Chiarelli, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by boredguy View Post
    Bruins go from a horrible return for Hamilton to fleecing the Kings, strange day.

Ah just saw there's a large amount of salary retained on Lucic, not quite as bad for LA as i thought.
    Now it makes sense. That's the magic ticket Hamster was mentioning that LA needed to make this work cap-wise.

It also explains why Colin Miller had to enter the equation. Because Lucic for a 1st+Jones was already a perfectly good return for Boston.

Collin Miller is a pretty hefty price to pay just to stay under the cap this year. They got pretty hosed even with the cap retained by Boston.
    Last edited by Kyle; 06-26-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Apparently Oilers offered 16, 33 and 57 for Hamilton and the Bruins went with the weaker Flames offer cause they're butthurt about Chiarelli, lol.
    If true, that is just ridiculous! Boston still did okay today overall thanks to the Lucic deal but man, imagine if they had made that deal instead + the Lucic deal. They'd be sitting on a literal gold mine.

Senior Member All-Star Rocklobster's Avatar
    Bos wanted Nurse from Edm too but they said no and shut down talks. That's why they went with cgy

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I wonder if the Bruins would move Malcolm Subban tonight in a package now that they have Jones.

They are saying on Sportsnet that Boston may move Rask.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    They are saying on Sportsnet that Boston may move Rask.
    That'd be huge. What are they in rebuild mode!

Kypreos.

O'Reilly to #sabres close.

Wow Griffin Reinhart to the Oilers. Very nice trade for them. They'll have Nurse and Reinhart to build their D around. He also played Jr in Edmonton.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well I think it's pretty silly to have uneven conferences. That's the only reason adding/dropping a team seems a bit necessary.

8/15 is .533% to make the playoffs, 8/16 is 50% to make the playoffs. It's a small but still notable difference that shouldn't exist.

So like I say, move FLA to Seattle/Portland. Problem solved, without expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    So like I say, move FLA to Seattle/Portland. Problem solved, without expansion.
    For some reason, I thought it was a 16/15 split not 16/14, even though I knew there's only 30 teams. Just did funky math in my head.

That said, uneven divisions present a bit of an issue as well, though. Not as much, but enough of one to justify expanding to a format where all divisions have 8 teams

Placing in the top 3 out of 7 is notably easier than the top 3 out of 8.

Boston seems to have gone full retard today, couple of huge reaches. If those are the guys they were gonna grab they should traded down.

Boston seems to have gone full retard today, couple of huge reaches. If those are the guys they were gonna grab they should traded down.
    Yeah I'm not sure what they were doing, they threw the draft off with their picks.

O'Reilly wanted a contract similar to Kessel no wonder Sakic shipped him.

I think the Flyers were ready to run up to make their pick when Provorov fell to them.

Wow, I really like that O'Reilly trade for Buffalo. Grigorenko was getting ruined in Buffalo and Zadorov was proving troublesome. Figured Colorado would insist on a 1st rounder for O'Reilly, though. I wonder if he steps into the captaincy immediately or if they leave it with Gionta for now.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Wow, I really like that O'Reilly trade for Buffalo. Grigorenko was getting ruined in Buffalo and Zadorov was proving troublesome. Figured Colorado would insist on a 1st rounder for O'Reilly, though. I wonder if he steps into the captaincy immediately or if they leave it with Gionta for now.
    Would probably be for the better to not have this upcoming season on O'Reilly's resume as captain. For the obvious reason of keeping the city on his side after a likely poor season, but also to make sure he's a good fit.

Not that I'd be THAT surprised to see Buffalo improve a ton immediately, but it's still likely a bottom 10-15 season and I see them storming hard a year or two after that.

I don't think anyone in Buffalo is realistically expecting playoffs this year. The city will give him slack for at least a season as long as he looks like he's working hard. Hell, we're talking about the city where many think that Kaleta still belongs on an NHL team because he "tries hard".

I could see them waiting a season to see how the leadership dynamic works between ROR, Eichel and the other youth and maybe dangle the captaincy as an incentive for ROR to re-sign.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 06-27-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    Curse of the Hamster

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    maybe dangle the captaincy as an incentive for ROR to re-sign.
    That's what I think.

I haven't said this too often but I'm happy with Philly's draft so far. There's a different energy with Hextall running the show. I would have liked to see them be able to get Samsonov with their 2nd 1st rounder but Konecny is a nice consolation prize. It's nice to see them draft a player with lots of skill rather than the same size player that they normally take.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    That's what I think.

I haven't said this too often but I'm happy with Philly's draft so far. There's a different energy with Hextall running the show. I would have liked to see them be able to get Samsonov with their 2nd 1st rounder but Konecny is a nice consolation prize. It's nice to see them draft a player with lots of skill rather than the same size player that they normally take.
    They might have got a steal with Provorov at 7. A lot of scouts thought he could have went top 5. It looked like Hextall was speed walking up to make the pick when they showed him.

I think NJ could have traded down a bit and still got Zacha.

Everyone use to talk shit about Garth Snow, not anymore. He's been one of the best drafting GM's the last few years. He went from no first round picks in this draft to trading up and getting two players in Barzal and Beauvillier. Last year he got Dal Colle at 5th then traded up for Ho-Sang at 28th. He loves the CHL players and will do anything it seems to get a player he likes.
    Last edited by two24four; 06-27-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    O'Reilly wanted a contract similar to Kessel no wonder Sakic shipped him.

Will he get that in BUF? Who's now?
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure what they were doing, they threw the draft off with their picks.
    They don't have many friends at those tables....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
    Bos wanted Nurse from Edm too but they said no and shut down talks. That's why they went with cgy
    perfect example why the last post hahahaha

I think Lucic will fit in well in LA. Pretty ggod deal for both sides as of now.

As for the Leafs they couldnt go wrong at #4 (nice mock 24) Then the big trade back passing on Konency makes you wonder if they missed out on a stud. I think they had their eye on Dermott but could be wrong. The three dmen taken before weigh less....sure they are taller and will possibly fill out more but i wouldnt use that as a factor. I think they got the guy they wanted and added Bracco http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p...jeremy-bracco/

and Martins Dzierkals who clearly needs to be groomed in NA. As a Leafs fan i am more confident in our organization about getting that done then i ever have been.
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=239362

All in all they went for speed and skill over size and grit. They did add a few big guys and the back end - Stephen Desrocher (2014 eligble, 19yr old) and Andrew Nielsen about 10 spots later than projected. Lingren is a great sleeper int he 4th and played with Nylander last year...wow thats some good scouting. Getting that Dmytro kid out of the Q in the 5th is a great gamble. Mr. irrelevant #185 for the buds is Nikita Korostelev and was ranked as high as 2nd round....what a steal!!

Im overly happy with this draft. Now to keep the future picks in Toronto so they can build that pool and become a competitive hockey club in the future.

Dubnyk signs 6 years for $25 million.

Good for him. Bernier should expect the same or leave town. Holtby is in for a big raise!!

Thread Information