King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar

2015 NFL Draft Talk

Tonight starts a few days where my wife will be happy that she doesn't have to talk to me. Let the second guessing begin...

Did Goodell really say Marcus Marioto? That's what I heard.

Yes he did

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I like what the Lions did in the 1st round. I doubt Duke Johnson is there but that would be ideal in the 2nd
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Obviously, I like the Jets pick but only if they truly just went with best available. If they made the pick with the intention of trading Wilkerson, I'm not as much of a fan.

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I like what the Lions did in the 1st round. I doubt Duke Johnson is there but that would be ideal in the 2nd
    I've heard they love Tevin Coleman, but I'm not sure he'll be available at their pick.

Looks like they liked Ameer more than either guy we liked. Jay ajayi (knee) is sitting there waiting for the Cowboys to pick him up now?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...TAG=YHF7e3228e
    Last edited by Dubz; 05-02-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Ameer has not dropped a pass in years

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-rb-prospects

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    Ameer has not dropped a pass in years

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-rb-prospects
    He's fumbled a lot though. Has cleaned it up a bit recently, but still a bit of a concern. Otherwise, sounds like a good fit for the offence.

Cheatin' Tom!!

Kraft's comments are laughable.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Disagree. While Kraft clearly got caught with his foot in his mouth, the investigation proved NOTHING. It was a joke. One of the biggest mockeries in football history. In four months they managed to gather -no- new facts what so ever, but because they were paid 5 million to come up with something, they had no choice but to....come up with something.

So they didn't prove shit. Try actually reading the report guys. What they concluded is that it's likely the Patriots cheated. In American law, that essentially means you're innocent. Being likely to commit a crime means fucking nothing if no one can prove you did it. And there we are - no one can prove the Patriots did shit, they can only say the evidence suggests it. The NFL will punish them like something was proven but anybody with common sense understands this entire investigation is a farce. They took the same information you or I had access to and simply provided their own opinion on the issue, which in their eyes is that the Patriots/Brady cheated.

Literally the entire thing is based on a few texts that simply don't prove anything happened in the AFC title game or beyond. And the lack of one single other game in NFL history with recorded ball pressures, especially cold weather games so we could see if under-deflated balls were normal in cold weather, attacks the validity of simply trusting the refs who both came up with wildly different PSI levels when measuring the footballs (For both the Pats and the Colts).

Also, at the end of the day, as it's been since the beginning of this joke "scandal," anyone who truly thinks it gave the Pats a legit competitive advantage is just dense. This was about as serious as a coach stepping onto the field on "accident" during a kickoff return TD. Small potatoes.

Court of public opinion can be pretty damaging...

Do you really think so in this case? This will be a slap in the wrist and ancient history in a few weeks/months, and we'll forget all about it until the Patriots are a game or two away from another SB in which all the anti-Pats will bring it up again. They've already been handling that for 10+ years from people who refuse to accept that Spygate meant virtually nothing just like these deflated balls mean virtually nothing.

If you're implying a blemish on the history books, or hall of fame status of BB/Brady, or a serious suspension of Brady or BB, or even a loss of draft picks, I just don't see any of those happening. Big fine (Hardly a fraction of whatever bonus they get for winning a SB) and move on, I don't see this damaging the Pats.

This issue sucks. We should be making a bigger deal out of Jerry Rice admitting he used Stick Em his whole career and trying to lie and say all NFL receivers did it.
    Last edited by Kyle; 05-06-2015 at 04:00 PM.

PS the texts only prove that Brady wanted the balls more deflated than the 16 PSI they were in the Jets game right before the texts. There was no indication that he wanted them illegally deflated. Simply more deflated than they were in that game. It's shocking that they could use that to conclude cheating.

You read the entire report, Kyle? I originally thought that this would be swept under the rug, since the Super Bowl and draft would be in the rear-view mirror. Now, I'm not so sure. Brady wouldn't cooperate in the investigation and claimed that he didn't know the guy that did the deflating. That was proven to be 100% false.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    You read the entire report, Kyle? I originally thought that this would be swept under the rug, since the Super Bowl and draft would be in the rear-view mirror. Now, I'm not so sure. Brady wouldn't cooperate in the investigation and claimed that he didn't know the guy that did the deflating. That was proven to be 100% false.
    I know he did lie, but at the end of the day, what is the punishment for lying? That doesn't prove he knew about illegally deflated footballs, just that he wanted them deflated more than usual (But thats not an issue unless he specifically indicates below 12.5 PSI). The texts about trading autographs and all that also has nothing to do with Brady - Brady will sign things without asking why and what for if his equipment manager asked him to. So that doesn't implicate him one bit or suggest he was scheming behind closed doors on ways to bend these rules.

To me the only thing the report conclusively determines is that Brady has had a thorough history of requesting deflated footballs since the 2006 rule change. But deflated doesn't have to mean illegally deflated, so I still say this whole investigation was a farce and a mockery to the most basic principal of American law: Innocent until proven guilty. Nothing was proven.

I also really just despise the lack of record keeping or testing done in any other games. We have nothing to compare to the AFC title game. No way of knowing if it may in fact be ordinary in cold weather for that to happen. It's just a really weak "conclusion" to say Brady knowingly cheated. It's certainly reasonable to assume, but not to conclude.
    Last edited by Kyle; 05-07-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information