Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar

Anyone used Stub Hub before?

I'm planning a bachelor trip to Montreal and I am looking for tickets for the Habs vs Avs game on Oct 18th. Tickets were sold out within half an hour and it didn't help that I'm looking for 7 tickets...

I haven't bought tickets on Stub Hub before but heard that is probably the only place I can get 7 tickets close together. There aren't a lot of options right but but I'm wondering if there'll be more tickets available as we get closer to the date? And how safe is that website?

If you have other recommendation it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

"Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

Sounds fun. I have used it often, but I always check around and look at Ebay and other sites as well to compare prices . It's completely legit, but I always feel better about downloading the tickets as opposed to waiting for them in the mail. Also, if looking for a quantity of tickets next to each other it is usually better to buy them as soon as you can- if the seller isnt getting any offers they will break them up into sets of two and three in order to get rid of them

http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...8-1619578.html

7 tickets in a row in section 310, row b for 138 per ticket.
    Last edited by Jake; 10-07-2014 at 09:14 AM.

MTL is a pretty easy place to buy tickets from scalpers for what it's worth.

I've used stub hub probably a dozen times. No issues at all, really easy to get a good deal (at least in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I've used stub hub probably a dozen times. No issues at all, really easy to get a good deal (at least in my experience).
    Same here. I've gone to many Broncos games using StubHub as well as a few concerts. Never a problem.
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

Thanks for the feedback guys and thanks Jake for searching for the tickets. Will look into purchasing them (or if possible get 3 and 4 tickets around the same location).

I assume price probably will remain the same even if it is a day or so away from the game? I never dealt with scalpers before.. would they be pricier compared to stubhub?

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I'd consider scalpers riskier...id rather sell extras to them lol - especially in your situation.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

If you have 7 guys I'd go the stubhub route. Scalpers can go either way - they are indeed risky. Scalpers are a better option if you aren't hellbent on going to the game...think you and a buddy want to go but only if you get a deal. Prices go down fast right before/after the opening faceoff...especially in MTL as it's a really big rink. It was 15 years ago but I got some sweet deals in MTL (when I was in Uni) buying from scalpers or ppl with extra tickets etc.

Thanks guys - picked up 7 tickets from vividseats. Looking forward to the Habs atmosphere!

Thread Information