Thread: Playoffs

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar

Playoffs

Some real good games to start the postseason.

Lets start with O's - Tigers and how bad Joba the Hut and Soria have performed out of the pen. Take the uniform off Chamberlain with that rats nest beard and he's nothing but a lard arse beatnick. Brad Ausmus is a moron for starting Verlander over a 4 days rested Price in game 2.

Nats - Giants and Peavy outpitches Strasburg? thank god I dont bet anymore. If Hudson outpitches Zimmerman today I'll eat my hat. Giants are gritty as all hell though.

Angels - Royals has been really entertaining with both games going xtra's. That Royals kid Gore is faster than Dyson who is faster than anyone besides maybe Billy Hamilton. Royals have it going on right now and cant imagine a Halo's comeback. Trout's been useless, Josh Hamilton totally useless.

Dodgers - Cards with Kershaw vs Wainwright ended 10-9. Kershaw blew a 6-2 lead in the 7th and gave up friggen 8 earned. Donnie Baseball probably left him in there a batter or 6 too long.

Fuck the Dodgers
    Last edited by Snipes16; 10-04-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Yeah these games have been awesome to watch. Only game so far that hasn't been good to watch was the NL WC game, Pirates forgot to show up.

These Royals are like the LA Kings from a few years ago, showing that all you have to do is get into the playoffs anything can happen after that. Now they have "Big game James" (I'm not a fan of this nickname at all) going in game 3 vs CJ Wilson. I'm a Hamilton fan but he looks so lost at the plate, his swing is really bad right now. Not sure what is up with Trout, maybe just nervous in his 1st postseason.

Yeah that Gore is fast as f*ck. He's about one step away from 2nd/3rd by the time the catcher is just throwing the ball.

Price will have to pitch all 9 in game 3 it seems for the Tigers to have any chance. Joba's ERA in these playoffs is 108.00

Anyone have the O's and Royals one win away from facing each other in the ALCS at the start of the season? ha.

Tigers will lose this series if they have to go to the bullpen again. It's so bad! I'm rooting for the Royals and Orioles in AL I want to see new teams in the finals.

As for the NL, Kershaw has to be kicking himself this morning after that meltdown. I wanted to see the Pirates vs Nats in the NLCS but Pitt forgot to show up in the WC. Don't really care who makes it from the NL but they have been good games so far in both leagues.

Good stuff KC!

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Down to 1 game now, Hudson vs Guthrie.

There's 2 names that have been waiver wire fodder over the last 2-3 years in fantasy leagues. They've actually both been very good this postseason. With a little luck hopefully it goes extra innings.

Giants are going for their 3rd title in 5 years while the Royals are trying to finish a fairy tale.

I like the Giants to win.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Looking forward to game 7. Hope it's a good one and not a blowout.

I really don't care which team wins, but I wouldn't mind seeing a team who hasn't won in awhile win. Unless it's your team it gets old seeing the same teams win year after year.

Have to think we will see MadBum at some point tonight even though he just pitched Sunday.

That was the best World Series that I can recall. Bumgarner's a fucking legend for life and then some - 5 shutout innings after a complete game shutout not even 3 days later. Wow!!!!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    That was the best World Series that I can recall. Bumgarner's a fucking legend for life and then some - 5 shutout innings after a complete game shutout not even 3 days later. Wow!!!!
    Best that you can recall? How come? Because it went 7 games? 2 of the 7 games were close. I love that the 7th game was so close but this isn't close to the best, IMHO.

That game was amazing. You couldn't ask for a better situation to end the game. Home team underdogs down 1 run, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, runner on third, your all-star catcher at bat, an insanely hot pitcher on the mound.

Luckily for this Giants fan, the fairytale script broke and the good guys won.

But seriously, I was impressed with the royals. I never watch AL ball so this series was my first exposure to them. They're a great young team that should be in the postseason for many years to come.

And what about those Giants?!? 3rd World Series title in 5 years -- just amazing! As a fan who's suffered through 3+ decades of bad/mediocre/good-but-not-good-enough teams, I can't put my head around the fact that we have a dynasty here. So wonderfully bizarre.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    It's all semantics and it doesn't affect what the Giants have done but I'd be careful calling them a dynasty. To me, you have to win at least 2 in a row to start calling yourselves that. You also can't miss the playoffs 2 of the past 5 seasons. 2 division titles and 3 World Series titles over 5 seasons is damn impressive, though, and I will say that they have overtaken the Cards as the model franchise in the sport. I just won't call them a dynasty.

Thread Information