Thread: Playoff Picks

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar

Playoff Picks

Wildcard win = 1 pt each
    Divisional win = 2 pts each
    Conference win = 3 pts each
    Super Bowl win = 4 pts

NFL re seeds every round..

(5)Chiefs over (4)Colts : Indy getting blown out at home vs the lowly Rams is a clue
    (6)Saints over (3)Eagles : They dusted off Orton last week and he threw for 330 vs the Iggle
    (6)Chargers over (3)Bengals : Racist against red headed QB's (Jurgenson, Marinovich, Dalty)
    (5)49ers over (4)Packers : Ever take a close look at that behemoth 49er O Line?

(6)Chargers over (1)Broncos : Denvers cryptonite snuck in at the bell, that succs
    (2)Patriots over (5)Chiefs : Homer Simpy
    (1)Seahawks over (6)Saints : 2 roadie wins btb is pretty much unrealistic
    (5)49ers over (2)Carolina : Cam's the Dwight Howard of football

(2)Patriots over (6)Chargers : Phillip forgets his meds, goes all Stan Humphries
    (1)Seahawks over (5)49ers : Kaepernick literally shits his pants on a keeper draw

(1)Seahags over (2)Patriots : Ughh, still got Bill over Pete but who's tackling Marshawn?

Chiefs(5) over Colts(4)
    Eagles(3) over Saints(6)
    Bengals(3) over Chargers(6)
    49ers(5) over Packers(4)

Chiefs(5) over Denver(1)
    Bengals(3) over Pats(2)
    Seahawks(1) over 49ers(5)
    Eagles(3) over Panthers(2)

Bengals(3) over Chiefs(5)
    Seahawks(1) over Eagles(3)

Seahawks over Bengals in the Super Bowl

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Colts over the chiefs
    Saints over eagles
    Bengals over chargers
    Packers over 49ers

Denver over the colts
    Pats over bengals
    Seahawks over saints
    Packers over Panthers

Broncos over pats
    Seahawks over packers

Broncos over seahawks

Wow, awesome comeback!

Well I'm one up on you dudes already!!

You just knew the comeback was gonna happen after the two quick scores to make it 38-24 early in the 3rd. Luck was unstoppable from that point on. The game winning TD to Hilton was one of the most beautifully thrown passes I've ever seen.

I actually picked the Chiefs and Eagles since I figured I would be wrong and they would lose. Being a Raiders fan from the Philly area, I have always had a hatred for both of those teams! Hahaha

The Packers game was pretty fucking lame. Too bad it had to be in Green Bay. The weather ruined every third play ran by the offenses. Crabtree had at least 1 long guaranteed touchdown early taken by a trip through the snow and Lacy lost 2-3 huge plays to it too.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I seen the second half and Kapper stole that one imo. The Pack D just didnt have it in em
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Yup. Kapper's legs beats the Packers yet again. That makes over 300 yards rushing in his 3 games vs Rodger's Packers dating back to the playoffs last year.

Kaep is basically building a career on big games vs the Packs

Not disagreeing that Kaepernick played a heck of a game but think of how differently we'd perceive him if Micah Hyde just catches that god awful interception on the final SF drive that likely would have left Crosby lined up for the GW FG.

Between that play and the incredible non block whiff on the GW FG from Dawson, it just wasn't meant to be for the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    Not disagreeing that Kaepernick played a heck of a game but think of how differently we'd perceive him if Micah Hyde just catches that god awful interception on the final SF drive that likely would have left Crosby lined up for the GW FG.

Between that play and the incredible non block whiff on the GW FG from Dawson, it just wasn't meant to be for the cheese.
    No doubt almost any play was a game changer in that one. The missed block still has me baffled....

Divisional guesses subject to 2nd guessing..

Seahags 27..Saints 20 - logic says Seattle smokes em, my gut smells a backdoor cover.

Pats 34..Colts 23 - rainstorm favors the good guys, Blount the mudder for 100+ again.

49ers 19..Panthers 13 - keep both guys in the pocket and neither throws for 200, snoozer.

Chargers 38..Broncos 37 - Nick Novak with a 65 yard daggar at the buzzer in a perfect world.

**Fly's eliminated already? theres only 3 entries ferchrissakes, cmon man

Trying to think back to a more highly anticipated pair of Conference Championship games than what we've got going on this weekend. The script couldn't have been better written to have these 2 matchups. Sunday is going to be outstanding between 3 and 10 pm, almost feels like 2 Super Bowls combined. Starting the grill on Saturday..

Denver 37..Pats..34 - hate to pick against my team and pray I'm wrong but Sunny and 60 degrees clearly favors Manning. Pats beat them in British Open conditions up here but this weather sets up for plush Masterslike conditions ideal for Panface. Love the over 56 total more than anything, probably putting something in on these leaky D's.

Seattle 20..49ers..16 - modern day Pitt/Balty. I trust Wilson to turn it over less than Kaep who guns everything 90 MPH it seems. Also wonder if all the extra travel San Fran has had to endure finally empties the tank late in the game. No conviction at all with with this pick other than the sound barrier being broken again.

Denver 42 - Pats 28

Seahawks 12 - 49ers 9

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes16 View Post
    Trying to think back to a more highly anticipated pair of Conference Championship games than what we've got going on this weekend. The script couldn't have been better written to have these 2 matchups. Sunday is going to be outstanding between 3 and 10 pm, almost feels like 2 Super Bowls combined.
    Isn't that the truth? In recent years I've discovered that I enjoy this weekend's football so much more than Super Bowl Sunday (TM) -- if for no reason other than that there won't be anyone (i.e. my wife) hanging around just to comment on the commercials.

But you really couldn't ask for better matchups that what we're getting with these two games. I think both home teams have the distinct advantage, but I certainly hope that the niners pull out another big road win.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Brady's poor attempt at motivation notwithstanding, the road teams are getting most of the love that I have seen. Personally, I see New England and Seattle winning.

Im going SEA but i think there will be more points put up than Kyle thinks. 20 points in 4 quarters seems low to me. Im going with DEN with chances of it being a shootout but probably will be a bit lower scoring than most believe. I also want to pick the niners and pats but i just cant pick all 4 teams to win LOL

With how solid 49ers D has been, plus how miserable Seattle's O has been, plus how unbelievably dominating Seattle's D has been, I can definitely see it staying that low with the Hawks at home. That defense at home is freakish and inhuman.

And the record offense meets the record defense. The Immovable Object vs the Unstoppable Force. How can you not be stoked for this matchup? I have a feeling whoever wins this game will do so in dominating fashion. Either Denver's offense or Seattle's D breaks and whichever holds runs away with the game. Denver's D won't hold them below 20-24 so I expect this to come down to whether Peyton can produce on them or not. I expect 35 or 13 for the Broncos, either a hugely productive game or completely stifled.

How fucking nice it is to see a record offense continue playing to their level in the playoffs, after watching the perfect Pats limp their way to an embarrassing super bowl loss.

I am surprised at the movement in Vegas already. Seattle opened at -1 1/2 and it's already Denver -1 or more. I figured that the Peyton love would shift it but not like that, especially this fast. I want to see where the money goes once the weather report for the game comes out. The early money is acting like the game will be played in the Superdome.

Missed/bad calls in that SF game eventually buried the niners. Pretty crazy game tho. Im not a big fan of SEA style of play...smacking guys in the back of the head or on the ass after failed plays....its poor sportsmanship and classless imo. But DEN is gonna have their hands full for sure. Makings of a great game...

Man, Seattle was a better team, period...missed calls, I don't buy. They go both ways.

The 49ers are way bigger punks than the Seahawks. Harbaugh is a huge whiny bitch whos overly entitled and manages to yell at every ref in the NFL (Even off duty refs in different cities) after seemingly every play. Its a trickle down thing. I have no respect for that team and we're all just fortunate we didn't have to see their celebration over the Seahawks if Crabtree made that play.

Crabtree and Sherman have their own history with each other that has nothing to do with us. They both ran their mouths, one of them backed it up in the biggest moment of one of the biggest stages in professional sports. He can publicly embarrass him, he earned it. 100% approve the smack talk, its fun and the NFL as a league gained more in his 15 second interview after the game than they do in 10 combined years worth of cliche generic bullshit like "We beat a good team out there." Get real. Personality is fine. Sherman is fine. The 49ers D are the same types of bullies that the Seahawks are when they're dominating, same classless bullshit to get into player's heads. The Ravens D during their great stint was the exact same, so were the 85 Bears. They earn it, they back it up, and they set themselves up to be embarrassed any time they lose. Someone just needs to, you know, beat them.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.

PS - Football isn't hockey. There are no traditions of respect and sportsmanship in football. Period! This current generation is the first group of NFL athletes ever to routinely hug and embrace each other during/after a game. Maybe more teams should take notes of the lack of respect shown by the 49ers and Seahawks defenses ( And Steelers and Ravens of last decade). Obviously it works. Hating someone makes it way easier to muster up the adrenaline that makes the only difference when the best athletes in the world play against each other. Fuck showing respect as an NFL defense or being humble after the fact. Play the part and maintain the mentality needed to perform your best. If thats how Sherman motivates himself to be the undisputed best CB in the NFL and likely defensive MVP, then please keep doing it Richard.

Its one thing to act like this in hockey and stain a point of integrity that attracts people to the game. Not to mention painting a target on your head that could be a detriment to you and your team. Nobody has ever associated football with that same sportsmanship and mutual respect. Sherman isn't hurting anyone's image of the sport. Quite the contrary, hes a hugely needed old school dose of what made football so popular in the first place and a staple in America. Insults in interviews used to be normal at this time of the year. And if he paints a target on his own head? A QB will be encouraged to try to embarrass Sherman, who IS the NFL's best, and actually force more balls his way which hugely works for the Seahawks. Hes not only acting within the context of what makes the sport popular and successful, but is also possibly (I admit, low chance) helping his team, and certainly not hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    lol, awesome

Re: Sherman -- most people (well football fans) don't have a problem with jawing and trash talk on the field. It's a huge part of the game, especially between receivers and corners. What was distasteful was him calling out Crabtree by name to a live national audience. That's about as far from "winning with class" as I can imagine.

And I disagree about the NFL not having a history of respect. You never saw guys like Singletary or Lott or Butkus or Lambert behaving like this.

Sherman may not be a punk in real life, but he sure as hell acted like one after the game and I'm fine with him getting called out on it.

And the apology

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carroll...2696--nfl.html

If the Lions went around and smacked people after plays they would be the most penalized team in the.....uhm wait

I have no problem with his interview with Erin Andrews. He was interviewed immediately after the biggest game of his life against their biggest rival, having just qualified for the Super Bowl. They have an apparent history and he didn't curse. That's why there's typically a cooling off period before the media is allowed into the locker room. We constantly criticize athletes for giving boring, vanilla answers. He spoke honestly and emotionally. I applaud that. Unfortunately, media pressures forced him to apologize. Sure, it's easy for us to sit here 2 days later and tell him what he should have done, all while sitting at our computers, but the truth is that we don't know what emotions were going through his mind. We have never and will never be in a similar situation.

Agreed Doc.

Agreed to Disagree Ih8, but I'm gonna elaborate on my point about the culture in football...Some respectful individuals does not dictate the game's culture as a whole which was one entirely rooted in hatred, villainy, getting away with as much as remotely possible, whatever it took to negatively impact somebody's game. Insulting them on live interviews is the VERY least players did to get in their opponents heads. Theres little opinion in any of that, its simply how football was. Leave the families out of it, don't take the personal shots beyond the game itself, don't throw more than a punch or two out on the field, those are about the only unofficial rules anybody in the NFL used to abide by, and even then plenty of people ignored the latter 2 points. There was simply never, ever a standard of respect or expectation of respect from your opponents. You didn't expect a good luck or a good game. You can point out players who said good game anyway, but it doesn't change that you didn't expect it from the league itself. The whole point of the culture was/is to identify those not only tough enough to handle the culture, but actually use it as motivation and encouragement. The culture creates the ideal scenario for evaluating the intangibles you can't gather from watching a combine workout. Jonathon Martin has overwhelmingly failed the "Handle the football culture" test. If you can't handle a career where a bad night at work creates embarrassment across your entire country, try to become a hockey or baseball star instead. Football grew into the sport we love because of that culture of disrespect.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in how so many football fans are perceiving this. Stop trying to make this hockey. Stop acting like Sherman snubbed Crabtree in the post-game handshake line. This isn't Crosby making Lidstrom wait 4 minutes to shake his hand. Thats obligatory respect. Football is entirely and completely void of obligatory respect.

I'm ignoring the moral issue of insulting somebody on live TV entirely because we have no right to input on that without knowing all of the story of what went down between Crabtree and Sherman. If we're worried about morals and ignoring football itself, then you and everyone else should be attacking Crabtree for his punk behavior at Larry Fitzgerald's charity event that prompted this as much as Sherman for his response. If Sherman is somehow more heinous for saying it on live TV, then blame the fucking camera man and the network that interviewed him 10 seconds after his first trip to the Superbowl got locked up.

So within the context of football, to me, this is fine. Its not encouraged, but its not heinous which is why no players are really saying anything except Tom Brady's whiny bitch ass who still hasn't gotten over Sherman embarrassing him a year or two ago. Tom Brady, UMadBro. Everyone else is pretty much just happy for Sherman, feels bad for Crabtree, might secretly be rooting for Crabtree to own Sherman next time, but they're certainly not calling him any sort of punk.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-21-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Certainly virtually all would agree that class and camaraderie are superior concepts to gloats and greed. It'd be great if it didn't occur. It'd be great if no one cut anyone off in traffic or backstabbed for a promotion or scammed the government or any number of other things, too.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-is...214130865.html

Thread Information