Thread: Playoff Picks

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar

Playoff Picks

Tampa over Boston in 5 - Tampa and their 5 lefty power arm starts ruin Papi and Ellsbury.
    Detroit over Oakland in 5 - Year of the Scherzer and Verlander has been back lately.

Dodgers over Atlanta in 4 - Kershaw and Greinke also too much. Puig still out of control.
    St Louis over Pittsburgh in 5 - The little engine that couldn't..still rooting for em though.

Tampa over Detroit in 6 - Tigers pen gets exposed and they get small balled by Rays.
    Dodgers over St Louis in 7 - Vin Scully all excited "Dodgers win the Pennant"

Tampa over Dodgers in 7 - Little roller up along the bag, it gets through Gonzalez, here comes Loney and the Rays win it !!!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Boston over Tampa in 5. (Wouldn't be upset if Tampa won though)
    Detroit over Oakland in 4.

Dodgers over Atlanta in 5.
    Pittsburgh over St. Louis in 4.

Detroit over Boston in 6.
    Dodgers over Pittsburgh in 7.

Dodgers over Detroit in 6 to win the World Series.

Not going to lie, I would love to see Pittsburgh go far. Fun team to watch.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Ballsy move by Mattingly pitching Kershaw on short rest in a non-elimination game. I wouldn't do it.

Yeah but if they do win tonight then they will get a few days off. Then they can throw Greinke in game 1 of the NLCS Kershaw game 2. But yeah if they end up losing tonight it could come back to bite them.

I think he had to do it if Nolasco was the only other viable option. Ricky's last 3 regular season starts he went 12 innings and gave up 17 earned runs. Thats just way too atrocious to justify a start in such a big game.

I'm more shocked to see the Braves giving Freddy Garcia the ball tonite thinking he's glue at this point. I guess you could make a case for him based on his last 3 regular season starts with a sub 2.00 ERA and 16 K's in 20 innings but I still think he blows regardless.

Longoria is Mr. Clutch.

Well it worked out for the Dodgers. They are saying Kershaw might be able to start game 1 of the NLCS.

Garcia looked good. He kept them in the game.

Beltran -1...Dodgers -0

Damn that was impressive with the arm and bat from him.

Replay next year could have reversed that play at the plate with a challenge. One of the rare times that instant replay would have been detrimental because Ellis was toast and everyone knew he was out, Donnie didn't even argue.

Some really competitive ball being played through the first 4 games of the league championship series. Every game decided by a run so far because they look pretty evenly matched. That Sox - Tigers game last night is as good as it gets whether you are a fan of either team or not.

How good have both Sanchez and Scherzer been, my god. The only hit through 14 innings from the Sox was a bloop single from Nava in the 9th inning of game 1. Out of the first 48 outs made by the Sox 30 were by strikeout.

The Tigers look top heavy to me. They are like the broad with a great rack (starting piching) great ass (VMart, Prince, Miggy) but once they turn around you cant hide that pan face (bullpen, bench)

One win away with 2 to play at home. A single standing room only ticket for tonite's game 6 went for a thousand. 2 field box tickets sold for 24K. Three weeks ago my uncle showed me his grandstand ticket stub from game 6 of the 1975 World Series vs the Reds (Fisk's HR) and he paid 10 bucks...I wondered what that stub might actually be worth considering the historical significance of that game.

Anyway, I dont like the starting pitching matchup for game 6 with Lackey/Wacha because Wacha throws seeds and is capable of throwing a 1 hitter. The only good thing about his fastball is that it doesn't move much, just straight cheese at what, 97 all night...jeezez

get er done boys..just get er done

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    No faith in Peavy in game 7?

Thread Information