The Replacements to reunite

Can't express how excited this news makes me...

The Replacements Announce First Shows in 22 Years

Although I really HATE multi-day festivals, I think I'll need to make an exception for this one.

Only decision is whether I want to hit the Denver, Chicago or Toronto shows. Very cool.

Senior Member All-Star Gern Blansten's Avatar
    Got an email about this the other day. Hopefully, they will play a warmup gig here in Minneapolis at First Ave!!!???

The lineup for that fest looks great! Have you heard who is in the band? Paul, Tommy, Chris, and.....?

From what I heard, Chris won't be involved. He didn't play with them on the Songs for Slim tracks so they just assumed he wouldn't be interested in touring. My guess is Kevin Bowe and Peter Anderson. But who knows -- Josh Freeze, Dave Minehan & Michael Bland have all toured with Westerberg before, so one of them might want to be involved again.

And yeah, I bet the will be some warm up shows at First Ave. it'd be criminal if they didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gern Blansten View Post
    Got an email about this the other day. Hopefully, they will play a warmup gig here in Minneapolis at First Ave!!!???
    Tonight might be your chance

And it's Josh Freese and Dave Minnehan joining Paul & Tommy as the replacement-Replacements.

edit: Just saw this... pretty cool background on the "iconic" Let It Be cover. http://www.avclub.com/articles/tommy...to-his,101904/

Heard that on the radio as I pulled back into to town. Mark Wheat on the current talking about the 'Mats maybe playing First Ave. I might go down just to check it out but it would dicey on whether I could get in.

Edit: Great read. Thanks for the link.

A couple of reviews with pics/vids from last nights show.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2013/08/t...st-in-toronto/

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/201...-video-photos/

Great set list. For me, the only way it could have been better would be if they opened with Customer, added I Hate Music (not sucking up - just love the tune) and closed with BUCK HILL...AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

That set list was insane -- really surprised (in a good way) that they went so deep into the early catalog. I have tickets to the Denver show and was debating whether I wanted to make the trek to go see them, but I think my mind has been made up!

Thread Information