Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar

World Series: Giants v Tigers

Pablo Sandoval 3/3 with 3 home runs. Joins Ruth, Jackson and Pujols as only players to have 3 homeruns in a game in a World Series.

How about these Giants too, wow! Chasing Verlander after just 4 innings. Magical.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    It's the night of the Panda.

How about Marco Scutaro in the playoffs as well. He's a FA this winter, I would love to see the Blue Jays bring him back at 2B.

The Giants are playing so well they have me interested in baseball again!

But seriously, running Verlander was sweet -- everything I was reading mentioned how difficult it'd be for the Giants to win the series since Verlander's 2 starts were going to be automatic W's for Detroit. Not so much.

Looking forward to tonight's game.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Lets go San Fran!! I live in Tiger territory and im not much of a basball fan but cant help getting in on a little shit talking....especially when the damn band wagon is suddenly overflowing
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Great game last night. Panda was amazing with his 3 homer game and it was so much fun watching Verlander chased out of there. Lotta fun out here right now. Spirits are high. Balls are bouncing the right way for SF right now. Amazing how a bounce on the bag or an error here or there can change a whole game/series. This team is fun to watch. Baseball on television used to bore the shit out of me but I've finally become a little bit of a casual fan of the game over the past few seasons thanks to some present company in my life and the Giants WS run in 2010.. still not into the fantasy baseball fanatic level the way I am with hockey & football but I am definitely enjoying being a spectator of the sport a lot more than in years past.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 10-25-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Scooter is having himself a hell of a post season. Hate to see him leave SF and he is certainly driving up his driving price with his post season play thus far. He has been a very welcome addition to the 2012 Giants team. Hope SF can find a way to keep him.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 10-26-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Prince Fielder could be an NFL LB. Good lord that's a big man.

Senior Member Second Liner
    Did you see his attempt to dive catch the foul ball... he looked like he smack his face real good on that one
    go giants!
    14 teams Rotisserie (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO) Draft Trade FA
    C: Horcoff, Getzlaf
    LW: Zetterberg,
    Cammarlleri RW: St Louis, Hemsky
    D: Chara, Markov, Wideman, Enstrom
    Utl:
    Elias G: Lundy, DiPietro
    BN: Conklin,
    Gagne (IR), Bouchard, Boyle (IR) Avery (IR)

Quote Originally Posted by beely View Post
    Did you see his attempt to dive catch the foul ball... he looked like he smack his face real good on that one
    go giants!
    I was wondering how his balls felt after that one! lol. He had a rough night. Madison Bumgardner was a pleasant surprise in game 2! Way to show up when it matters most. Can't wait to see Cain on the mound. Hey it's so nice to see the Giants up 2-0 instead of playing catch up for once! They know better than anyone that being down 0-2 or even 3-1 in a series means jack shit though so they better come to Detroit to play! There is a sort of magicical feeling in the air around these parts right now, all the bounces seem to be going right for SF the last 5 or so games and we've all had this special sort of tingle in our bones but this thing is far from over yet! Can't wait for game 3 and 4 this weekend. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 10-26-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Must-win night for the tigers, obviously.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Must-win night for the tigers, obviously.
    You could make the argument that the next 3 games are because, unless they go back to San Fran up 3-2, I don't like their chances at all.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I really don't know who I want to win this. I had a buddie tell me before game 1 that the Tigers would win in 4, he was really sure of himself. This is why I love sports, just never know what is going to happen.

Matt Cain gonna get it done tonight.

Holy fuck. A sweep? Did not see that coming.

Really cool, though.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I guess the Tigers brought their own broom but it didnt fly!! Happy Halloween. Sucks for alot of my friends but a the real fans knew the Tigers had the worst record going in and it finally showed up in the end.

Congrats to a sick ass pitching performance and decent bats.

I might get my ass back into the baseball swing after watching this post season. Havent watched since the lockout. Kinda (REALLY) feel like a hypocrite when im a diehard hockey guy and they bail every contract but i shun the sport i played as a kid. Maybe i should give the baseball its due props. Humbled to say the least
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Scrappy performance by the Tigers tonight. I really think the layoff hurt them and the Giants just rolled into this thing with massive amounts of momentum and swag. Thank you Barry Zito! People can say what they want about rest and all that jazz but sometimes rest is the nail in a series coffin and I will take momentum and routine any day. That 4th win did not come easy (do series clinchers ever?) but when it went to extra innings and Scooter hit that 10th inning single you just had a feeling Sergio Romo would just step to the mound and tie a pretty bow on the end of this thing.

Outpitched, outdefended, outplayed Detroit in every possible way. This post season has really opened up my eyes to the true grace and beauty of the game of baseball.

So many great stories coming out of this club. From Vogelsong to Barry Zito and the way he performed to the Posey comeback and Romo stepping in flawlessly & filling the very big shoes of Brian Wilson with save after save after save. Just a storybook ending for a great group of guys. Glad to have been fortunate enough to witness it all. Over the past 25 months or so (especially the past couple months) the Giants have really made a bit of a baseball fan out of me. Feeling pretty humbled here myself. A season full of up and downs leading to a post season which was more exciting than I could have ever imagined. Pretty awesome for the team and the city of San Fran. I know a lot of long time Giants fans who have been waiting for years and years to celebrate a world championship and to get 2 in the past 3 years, it's pretty special.

Niners next to bring it home to the bay ?
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 10-29-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I guess the Tigers brought their own broom but it didnt fly!! Happy Halloween. Sucks for alot of my friends but a the real fans knew the Tigers had the worst record going in and it finally showed up in the end.

Congrats to a sick ass pitching performance and decent bats.

I might get my ass back into the baseball swing after watching this post season. Havent watched since the lockout. Kinda (REALLY) feel like a hypocrite when im a diehard hockey guy and they bail every contract but i shun the sport i played as a kid. Maybe i should give the baseball its due props. Humbled to say the least
    You should for sure. Has been really exciting. I am surprised with how excited I have gotten during the games this year. Hockey Football Baseball has always been the pecking order in my household but I find myself getting really jaded on NHL hockey right now with this 2nd lockout I've been through.. not sure if it is in me but I am hoping I don't turn my back on it once all is said and done.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 10-29-2012 at 02:44 AM.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    You should for sure. Has been really exciting. I am surprised with how excited I have gotten during the games this year. Hockey Football Baseball has always been the pecking order in my household but I find myself getting really jaded on NHL hockey right now with this 2nd lockout I've been through.. not sure if it is in me but I am hoping I don't turn my back on it once all is said and done.
    Nah, I don't think you will. You are just speaking in a pissed off state right now. I am furious. First, both the players and owners KNOW the CBA expiration is coming. WHY DON'T the two sides start talking about a new CBA, say at the beginning of the season or at the least by the All Star break??? Get some communication going instead of WAITING UNTIL THE DAMN EXPIRATION date. This time around, I am actually laying more blame on the players. I read most if not all of the documentation that has been granted public access. The owners have come a long way from what they originally wanted, and the players haven't budged, but in fact went backwards. Supposedly there have been two meetings within the last couple of days and some positive light may have come from one of the meetings. We'll see. Let's get this damn thing done already. Drop the puck.

That said..... I'll be honest, but most --- wow, can't really say that, since there are waaay more people here on HI since the last time I've been trolling around this place causing havoc on a regular basis, so I guess MOST don't know I am a Braves fan, but anyway. I was pulling for the Braves to make a strong post season run to let Chipper go out with a bang. YES.... the Braves got ROBBED by an AWFUL call. That said... the post season was pretty fun to watch. I am surprised that the Yankees were swept. In turn, I was surprised that the Giants swept the Tigers. The Tigers with the big bad starting pitching that was supposed to shut down the Giants. Hmmmm... Bochy looks like a genius giving Zito the Series opener start and putting Lincecum in the BP.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Thread Information