View Poll Results: The 2nd NL Wild Card Team Is?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pittsburgh Pirates

0 0%
  • Milwaukee Brewers

0 0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

1 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

0 0%
  • Philadelphia Philllies

1 50.00%

Thread: NL Wild Card

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

NL Wild Card

We will all agree to assume that the Braves will hold onto the first wild card spot, so that leaves the 2nd one wide open. Who does it go to?
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

My thoughts........ A few weeks back NO ONE thought the Phillies had a chance now they sit 3.5 back. The Phillies schedule is favorable. Unless they choke against Houston. The Brewers now have four teams in front of them, may be a little too much to overcome. The Pirates! GO PIRATES!!! Will they have the pitching to get through these last couple of weeks? The Dodgers.......I think they go .500 from here out. That leaves the Cards. Will it end up being a one game play-off between the Cards and Phillies to take the last Wild Card slot. Barring injuries if that happened, the rotation would land on Cliff Lee to make that start (or if Philly wins the last wild card spot outright, then the one-game play-off game would still have Lee starting.) to avenge his playoff meltdown. Interesting!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

LAD have the toughest schedule left and will go .500 at best. The Pirates will continue to fall apart as they don't have the roster nor experience at this level. The Cards haven't played well at all lately but can turn it on at any moment. The Brewers just don't have the pitching. I know it's a homer pick, but I think the Phillies have the best chance as their pitching is better than all the others and our bats have been pretty good lately.

I knew you'd go with the homer pick.......... But really, I think its between StL, Pitt, and Philly at this point. I am shocked that the Phillies managed to come back. They are due for a let down though... Ultimately I think it comes down to the Cards and the Phillies. Not worried about the Pirates and their experience at this level. I am concerned that their arms will give out down the stretch run. Their bats are fine. Cards have cooled off a bit lately, but could duplicate last year and start to turn it up in the coming weeks when it matters....

I'd love to see Pittsbugh in...something different. Better yet....... I'D ABSOLUTLEY LOVE TO SEE BALTIMORE HANG ON TO WIN THE AL EAST OUTRIGHT! Imagine that... The Orioles/Pirates World Series!

Thread Information