Thread: Raptors Thread

Raptors Thread

Figured someone should start a raps thread after that one in the fantasy section died.

James Johnson has been great over ther last month...he'll be a great SF off the bench next year.

I love Magloire! Howard's trying to play it down, but Jamal's hard nosed play is bothering him (npt that you'd tell from his stat line...just nice to have a banger again finally)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I love Magloire! Howard's trying to play it down, but Jamal's hard nosed play is bothering him (npt that you'd tell from his stat line...just nice to have a banger again finally)
    Dwight was absolutely unreal last night.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Wow, John Shannon just said on PTS that about 10 years ago he was in a meeting with then Raps GM Grunwald who told him he turned down a deal from the Mavs that would have sent Nash and Nowitzki to the Raps for Carter and Davis

It was right after the season the Raps lost to the 76ers in the playoffs.

I watched an interview with Jeremy Lamb - I really hope all the mock drafts are wrong because I got bad vibes from this kid.

I watched an interview with Jeremy Lamb - I really hope all the mock drafts are wrong because I got bad vibes from this kid.
    He's sooooo relaxed. Not in a good way, either.

I think he said 'um' more than all other words combined.

I think he said 'um' more than all other words combined.
    That doesn't bother me at all. That's called nervous, they're young.

It wasn't him being nervous though as much laissez-faire...the wrong kind of laid back as you eluded. (he had nothing to say...Austin Rivers on the flipside impressed me immensely in his interview right after Lambs)

It wasn't him being nervous though as much laissez-faire...the wrong kind of laid back as you eluded. (he had nothing to say...Austin Rivers on the flipside impressed me immensely in his interview right after Lambs)
    Austin Rivers has immense upside but he's going to need a reality check to get there.

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    too high to be picking austin rivers, hopefully somebody drops out of the top 6.......also i didn't watch the interview but it can't be more painful then watching bouwmeester talk can it?
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

I don't think anyone else (on here) really cares about the Raps but I think they are going to make some noise in the playoffs...something special has happened since suckhole Rudy Gay was traded.

Great article by Toronto's best scribe http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...win_kelly.html

Good article on how Lowry has really grown up this year - he's really been the motor of this team along with DeRozan. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyl...225543400.html

To think that we have DeRozan locked up for another 3-4 years at only $10mm plus youngsters like Ross and J-Val who are only going to get better, if we can re-sign Lowry (which I have to think will happen...he'd be crazy to leave) this team might really become a powerhouse. There's even been suggestions that Drake is courting Kevin Durant to come here in 2 years time! I also think Cdns like Tristan Thompson and Andrew Wiggins will eventually be Raptors as well. These guys have me thinking big!!

Big win!!

(every questionable call has gone the Nets way in both games...very biased refs)

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    The personal fouls are basically even for the series so I have a hard time believing that the refs are biased and that every questionable call has gone against Toronto.

You have no idea how consistently job'ed the raptors get all the time. There haven't bern a tonne of instances so far but a half dozen or so can still make a big difference...it did in game 1.

Dude, that one ref is totally getting paid by jay-z - unbelievable

It's beyond ridiculous how bad the officiating has been this entire series. #TheFixIsIn

Brutal. Total fix by the NBA - from the Nets tanking their last 2 regular season game so they play the Raptors to the missed calls (how did KG get that foul.instead of Williams?? Oh, because that would have fouled out Williams, of course!) or imaginary calls (amir's last 2 fouls that fouled him out after 3 qtrs!) on the raptors to whichever Raptor is playing well getting into foul trouble or fouling out (lowry + val earlier and amir tonight), this series has reminded me how much of a sham the NBA is...it's fucking farcical!

That's too funny. The only thing that I agree with is the Garnett call, although if Williams fouled out, he wouldn't have missed any more free throws.

It wasn't grossly obvious that the refs wanted Brooklyn to win but if you were paying attention you'd have noticed they made horrendous calls at key points in the game and/or they gave our key guys questionable 1st half fouls in every game of the series. Amir Johnson, who was having a killer game, fouled out when a Net stepped on his foot. Wtf? What irritates me (and lots of others) is that we knew this shit was going to happen before the series even started. I get that the NBA would rather have Brooklyn in the 2nd round over Toronto BUT it's not like Toronto is Salt Lake City for fucks sake...not to mention how absolutely beserk Raps fans were (there were 10,000+ fans in Maple Leaf Square/Jurassic Park standing in the rain to watch the game outside the ACC on the big screen...police had to turn back ppl 2 hours before the game!) and how Canada is a media market equivalent to California in size. It gets pretty annoying being treated like the red-headed step child. If a few of those bad or missed calls went the other way it might be a different story. The Raps definitely did themselves no favours sleeping through the first 3 quarters, but they got jobbed in the 4th quarter (and in previous games) imo.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-rigged-ex...aptors-1575437

On a positive note, nobody expected this so this was gravy. J-Val is about to turn 22 and I can already tell you he will be continue to grow into a beast - you saw that intensity and I'm betting he learned a lot from KG's dirty tricks. DD hopefully got the jitters out of the way. Lowry I hope is back but I do fear his head will swell up and he will sign with the Lakers/Knicks etc but I hope he realizes the Raps are the best place for him. Definitely a good start of what I hope are many years of good Raptors teams.

(Looking forward to signing Durant after next season!! )

That article is bullshit. Anyone that can't get a grip on reality can come up with "evidence" to support any argument. His key informant on this is Tim Donaghy? LMAO. Say what you want. The Nets outplayed the Raptors yesterday. Whether the league preferred Brooklyn winning, they deserved to win the game. You complained about foul calls in this series constantly and I bet the calls were close to 50/50.

Toronto has a bright future as long as they don't fuck it up.

http://thebrooklyngame.com/raptors-f...rs-losing-far/ (note the url)

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...brooklyn-nets/

• It would be foolish to say the officials did not make a difference in this game. It was a one-point game, so of course they did. Any number of calls would have changed the game. The only blatantly incorrect decision was the foul that Kevin Garnett got called for instead of Deron Williams with 25 seconds left. (That does not include block/charge calls, which are just too fast for referees to get right with any consistency.) That call would have fouled Williams out of the game. Other than that, the officials just seemed to be all over the place, which has to infuriate the coaches and players. For example: After picking up his third foul in the second quarter, Greivis Vasquez said something to the officials that included the same four-letter word that Ujiri started the series with. No technical. With 3:42 left, DeRozan was called for a charge — right after Kyle Lowry was called for a blocking foul on a very similar play at the other end — and he offered the referee another curse word, although a less severe one. He got a technical foul. (Joe Johnson missed the ensuing free throw, so it ended up being meaningless.) There is a moving target, and that is the frustrating thing.
    • Amir Johnson was also called for a few questionable fouls, picking up six in just 22 minutes of work. However, he scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in that time, which in itself was improbable. He stepped on Alan Anderson’s foot on one of the first possessions of the game, and was limping pretty badly for a few moments afterward. Casey sent Patterson to check into the game for Johnson. “Then [Johnson] hit two quick buckets and started running OK,” Casey said. “It was right on the border [of me taking Johnson out of the game].” For his part, Johnson was not going to come out of the contest. “I just had to keep going,” Johnson said. “This game was too important to sit down and get subbed out. So I just kept playing.”

------------------------------

I'm not saying that they deserved to win but I am saying the officiating was horrible and while both teams were victims, the Raps got the shorter end of the stick. (as I mentioned earlier as an example, Amir fouling out in Game 7)

PS: even if fouls in the series were 50:50 that doesn't prove anything. My point from the very fucking beginning of the series was that the refs were making the wrong calls at the wrong times against the Raps. Momentum killing calls. Imaginary calls. Fuck, KG had 2 fucking Technical fouls waived off after the initial call was made. How the fuck does that make sense? Any time one of our guys was playing well he'd magically get into foul trouble because there would be 1-2+ questionable fouls called on him. Amir yesterday was the perfect example. The dude fouls out in 22 mins after scoring 20 pts and grabbing 10 boards. Amir is a 10 yr vet. I can't remember the last time he fouled out. He's not a goon....but he magically fouls out yesterday when he's having his best game of the season.

PS: while I do not disagree that Donaghy is a POS, if you do a google search he said back on April 25th that the NBA will influence the series so the Nets win. (and well, the Nets won last I checked....doesn't make him right, but should make you wonder...I know I mam adamant because I watched every single minute of that series and I saw too many bogus calls to think otherwise frankly)
    Last edited by b_illin; 05-05-2014 at 03:56 PM.

if you do a google search he said back on April 25th that the NBA will influence the series so the Nets win.
    I don't care enough to do a search. What I'm saying is that I would entertain the thoughts of a crackhead before I would listen to what he has to say on whether the officiating is legitimate.

The links? The first is titled "Raptors Fans Explain Why They Lost" and the other is apparently a national Canadian publication. I don't expect you to be happy that they lost but complaining about it serves no purpose.

Objectively, these teams are as close as can be and they played a tight series. It came down to 7 games and the Nets were better in the 7th game. You can complain about calls all you want but that won't change the fact that the Nets were better yesterday. If Deron Williams could hit a foul shot down the stretch, it would have been a bigger margin.

Well, it's no big secret that the NBA is a sham league and the result of the Raps/Nets series only pours fuel on that fire imo. They have been known for this sort of shit for years and a lot of ppl saw this (Nets win) coming. Whether there is truth to that or not is for ppl to decide for themselves. (I know I have decided and I won't be watching another minute of this years playoffs)

W...T...F

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    W...T...F
    Not feeling the Auzzie kid at #5, Bill?

Dont know much about him but heard a lot of scouts were high on him. The Raptors did pass on 3 good players that were taken right after him though. Smart, Randle and McBuckets can all play I believe.

Nice moment when they announced Isiah Austin as a pick of the NBA at #15 and he got a chance to shake the commish's hand and get a standing ovation. Kid was diagnosed with Marfans syndrome not long ago and cant play ball anymore because his aorta could explode if he does, tough break.

I think Philly got the steal of the draft when Embid slid to the Sixers at #3 because of a foot injury. Those athletic 7 footers are gold. He could be the anti Oden and Bowie in a few short years.

3 Canadiens in the first 18 picks? whats the world coming to.

No, it was the out left field (actually, the left field from 20 counties over!) pick the Raps made with that Brazilian kid.

PS: they should have taken Napier

PPS: Vince Carter is the reason 3 cdn kids went in the top 18. Let's hope we can thank VC for Durant after next season...long shot but maybe just maybe
    Last edited by b_illin; 06-27-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Lowry's coming back

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ris_moves.html

"The salary cap machinations of Friday’s trade of Steve Novak to the Utah Jazz for the waivable Diante Garrett should leave Ujiri with the ability to offer a maximum value contract to a free agent year from now, even with a potential Vasquez signing."

Hmmmmmmm, Durant's contract ends after this season I believe...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...rs_jersey.html

Yeahhhhhhhh boyeeeeeee!!! KD KD KD KD KD KD KD!!!!!!!
    Last edited by b_illin; 08-05-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Thread Information