Thread: Vetoing Trades

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Vetoing Trades

PRIME EXAMPLE of why vetoing trades should be banished from not only fantasy, but pro sports too.

The Chris Paul trade. Well, the should have been Chris Paul trade. Three teams involved, three teams agreed. Owners bitch to Stern, Stern puts the stopper on the deal. WTF??? Why? Now, I am not a Lakers fan. I am not a Hornets fan. So I couldn't really care less if each team is upset they didn't get what they wanted. But what the blockage does is SCREW THE HORNETS. The Hornets were getting, maybe not superstar players, but incredibly good players that will actually make their team better. Now, what's going to happen??? Paul plays out the season in New Orleans, and at the end of the season, Paul becomes a free agent and leaves (and likely signs with the Lakers anyway), and the Hornets get NOTHING. Hornets franchise will be all but detracted. It's a disgrace that the owners, that the league would allow for something like this to happen. Stern says he stopped the deal because of basketball reasons. I understand that the NBA "owns" the Hornets right now because they have no owner, but BS. The deal happened, he got hammered by a bunch of owners, and he got scared. He better do the right thing and let this trade go through. If he wants to do the right thing for that organization. He is still looking for a buyer for the team. No one will buy this team if Paul walks and the team gets nothing in return to build upon.

Big giant FU to the NBA and the owners for this one. You should have stayed locked out. College hoops is better anyway.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    The deal would have gone through if the league didn't own the team. Some owners bitched because the Lakers were getting the best player in the deal and some killer cap relief to boot.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    If the Hornets weren't owned by the league it likely wouldn't have been vetoed.

I feel bad for CP3... he had an extension coming in LA and everything had the trade gone through... now what happens if he hurts himself this year? Are the NBA going to compensate him?

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Still the point is........ The trade: yes - Lakers may get the best player of the deal, but the Hornets dramatically improve their team as well, especially for the future. The deal not being allowed to go through SCREWS the Hornets incredibly. Now they lose Paul at the end of the season and get nothing for him.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Still the point is........ The trade: yes - Lakers may get the best player of the deal, but the Hornets dramatically improve their team as well, especially for the future. The deal not being allowed to go through SCREWS the Hornets incredibly. Now they lose Paul at the end of the season and get nothing for him.
    Relax.

He'll still be traded and they'll get a return for him.

Still it's bullshit even though the Lakers clearly hosed them.

Senior Member All-Star
    I can understand why everyone is upset with this veto even if I know jack about the NBA.

But since KK brought up fantasy sports we only veto KK's trade since he's horrible at doing deals.

Thread Information