Thread: Boston Red Sox

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar

Boston Red Sox

Theo Epstein looks like he is heading to ChiCUBS.

Francona is as good as out as well...

But my favorite story coming out making headlines is how Lester, Lackey, and Beckett drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the clubhouse during non-pitching days. Wow... The Sox are now in disarray. They lose their GM. Their manager is gonna be gone. Now they have to get rid of the pitching as well. You can't keep that in the locker room.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

The whole thing is a joke as a Sox fan. IMO I think the one group that should have left is the one that is still there which is the ownership. Tito, Theo have no say its all about the owners. As a Sox fan it pains me to say it, but we have become the Yankees. The ownership would rather outspend them to say they have the bigger balls, etc then worry about actually winning. They are also way to preoccupied with trying to sell their brand. They need to concentrate more on the team than their Nascar, soccer teams. They think they still have a grace period to screw off and that the fans are still happy with the 04 and 07 championships. Well they couldn't be more wrong. After the way this year ended they better start focusing on the team and winning again. There is no reason why Tito should be gone and Theo shouldn't be to blame for any of it with those egomaniacs making the calls over him. Him and them have butted heads quite a bit over the years and I think Theo saw his chance to leave, as did Tito, so they did. I honestly cannot blame them either. I am anxious to see how next years team looks, responds, but I am not getting my hopes up with those clowns running the show.

If there's one thing I know about the Ownership of the Red Sox, they don't pick who they buy. They put people like Theo in position, then they fund him/them. I could be fully mistaken but that's the indication I've gotten from FSG. I'm very surprised to hear anyone actually talking bad about the group honestly.

Do a lot of Sox fans share your opinions, looch? Just curious, as I'm a Liverpool fan :P
    Last edited by dw13; 10-12-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Sounds like Beckett was like this when he played in FLA as well.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Well you can tell Beckett and Lackey are rednecks without the beer/fried chicken in the clubhouse story.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    If there's one thing I know about the Ownership of the Red Sox, they don't pick who they buy. They put people like Theo in position, then they fund him/them. I could be fully mistaken but that's the indication I've gotten from FSG. I'm very surprised to hear anyone actually talking bad about the group honestly.

Do a lot of Sox fans share your opinions, looch? Just curious, as I'm a Liverpool fan :P
    A lot of my family and friends feel the same way yes. We have grown tired of their act and want them to concentrate more on the team again.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Well you can tell Beckett and Lackey are rednecks without the beer/fried chicken in the clubhouse story.
    Yeah that's what I heard too 24. Sounds like McKeon said he did the same thing and he probably introduced the concept to the Sox and it clearly was a popular idea.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Did he really need to lock the door to the clubhouse during games?

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Did he really need to lock the door to the clubhouse during games?
    He says he did.

I think the thing that's worth taking note of about this story is the fact that they say this all started at the end of last year.

As in, they were doing this while they were going 80-41 during the middle part of the season also.

This isn't why they lost, it's just a way to sensationalize everything. The fact is people didn't get the job done. And yes, I realize those people are the ones that were drinking and eating chicken etc, but they were doing that while they were pitching great too(well, 2 of them anyway).

This whole thing is simply a good team had a really bad month. The stupidity of the Red Sox ownership/management is over-reacting as drastically as they have. They let Theo walk, they let Francona go, they let this story leak out, and all this panic and stupidity post-season has Ortiz talking about wanting to leave and go to the Yankees.

They're blowing up a team that had one bad month and struggled with some pretty key injuries. I hope it all blows up in their face, they don't deserve to win after this.

Quote Originally Posted by looch17 View Post
    A lot of my family and friends feel the same way yes. We have grown tired of their act and want them to concentrate more on the team again.
    So the bad contracts, Theo going to Chicago and Tito leaving, from your eyes falls on John Henry and Co?

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    All they needed was one more win, and that story (beer/chicken in the clubhouse) wouldn't be a story. I've heard that Theo and/or Francona wanted/were looking for an out for a little while now. I also heard that the ownership of the Sox do not pick and choose who comes in and that it was mostly Theo. As far as selling the Red Sox brand. They do not need to sell that brand. It sells itself. They did get into a wallet brawl with the NYY. They are on equal playing field as the Yanks when it comes to that type of thing. I wouldn't label them the Evil Empire, but maybe the moat that circles the Evil Empire. Personally, I don't like or dislike the Red Sox, but I am glad they missed the post season this year. I would have liked the Yanks to be out too, so I am glad that Detroit moved on. New teams give fresh blood to the World Series.

Is Francona officially gone? I thought I heard that he was still a part of the organization. I do agree he will be out though.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

FSG (John Henry and Co) have made the Boston brand MUCH bigger than it was before they got there. Make no mistake about that.

And that's what I thought about FSG. They put people like Theo in charge, fund him and let him make the decisions.

But I don't know nearly enough about their baseball ways.

So will Theo land Pujols with the Cubs? Alot of people thought that might be where he ends up before they got Theo.

So will Theo land Pujols with the Cubs? Alot of people thought that might be where he ends up before they got Theo.
    Well, there aren't many teams with the need and/or the cash and the Cubs should be 1 of them.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    I am still willing to bet anyone any amount of money that Albert Pujols is wearing a Cardinals jersey next year. Have been all along.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    I am still willing to bet anyone any amount of money that Albert Pujols is wearing a Cardinals jersey next year. Have been all along.
    They talked about that during the game last night, saying they don't think the Cards will let him walk.

Senior Member First Liner Snipes16's Avatar
    Real nice pickpocket of Bailey by the Sox yesterday..

Back end of the pen looks like Aceves, Melancon and Bailey with Bard moving to a starter.

If they could just get their meathooks on Oswalt they'd have a starting 5 of Lester, Bucholz, Beckett, Bard and Oswalt...not too shabby
    Last edited by Snipes16; 12-29-2011 at 07:00 PM.

I can't say that I like or am sold on Bard as a starter but I'll take their word for it. The pen is definitely shaping up but they are so volatile from year-to-year so you never know.

Thread Information