Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/M...c-score-040312

Doubt it'll have any effect on you because clearly you have absolutely no time for people with disabilities. But go on and have a read.
    Fuck you can be an annoying little fuck. What's with the jumping to huge conclusions about how I think? (I have long held back from noting some fun traits you have...give it a rest with the dramatic bullshit dude...ppl are allowed to disagree without grandiose assumptions being made)

Edit: Ok, I read that article and I still feel the same way. What I got from the article was that his score shouldn't have been released and it was embarassing the way it was released. I would agree with that. That it is archaic and not indicative of anything important. Totally disagree.

The Wonderlic questions that I saw were like IQ test lite questions. Call me crazy, but I think someones IQ is important...in school, in your profession, in life...and in football. Now, is it super important in a sport like football? Probably not, but when these teams are accessing EVERY detail about these kids lives to decide if they should draft them, than I have no issue whatsoever with trying to get an idea which kids have higher IQ's/smarts than others. Should they be release to the public? No. (but that was not what I commented on)

(further, if he scored low because of a learning disability, then the teams now have a much clearer idea that he will need more coaching, etc. at the NFL to make up for his disability - what's wrong with that?)
    Last edited by b_illin; 04-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Fuck you can be an annoying little fuck. What's with the jumping to huge conclusions about how I think? (I have long held back from noting some fun traits you have...give it a rest with the dramatic bullshit dude...ppl are allowed to disagree without grandiose assumptions being made)
    Go figure, you'd have a personal attack on me.

There's nothing to disagree about here. He has a disability. You think that disqualifies him from college. You're the one making the assumptions, not me.

I won't keep going on, this is obviously headed in a poor direction. Just irked by how some people think.
    Last edited by dw13; 04-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    Go figure, you'd have a personal attack on me.

There's nothing to disagree about here. He has a disability. You think that disqualifies him from college. You're the one making the assumptions, not me.

I won't keep going on, this is obviously headed in a poor direction. Just irked by how some people think.
    Dude, if you think my saying that 'you can be an annoying little fuck' constitutes as a personal attack, than I will definitely hold back the goods! (unlike you who feels it alright to suggest I have no sympathy for ppl with disabilities...like you have a fucking clue about that amigo lol)

As I said from the beginning, I wasn't just pointing the finger at you. The whole country has been laughing at this kid and it's absolutely disgusting.

The only good thing about this is, he's put up with it his whole life I'd imagine. He's going to be an outstanding professional and have a great career. I know I'll be supporting him after this shit.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Who cares about a freaking cornerback's test scores. When I lived in Florida I spent the last two offseasons randomly hanging out with sam shields (Went to the same school as me, same year though we didn't know eachother, he knows a ton of my friends).

Guy was, -bar none- the dumbest motherfucking professional athlete I've ever imagined. He acts like an awkward crack dealer. Has never offered anything somewhat related to an interesting or worthwhile thought. And you know what? He was almost the NFL rookie of the year and is going to be a phenomenal DB in this league.

Its been long documented that intelligence has nothing to do with football smarts. The dumbest motherfuckers ever have played their positions brilliantly. This guy will be fine and will understand NFL defenses just fine. And anyone who thinks this test reflects a player's ability to choose right from wrong on the field is a complete fucking moron. This test is worthless beyond picking the NFL's all-pro debate team. Such a hilariously shitty story for people to even talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Who cares about a freaking cornerback's test scores. When I lived in Florida I spent the last two offseasons randomly hanging out with sam shields (Went to the same school as me, same year though we didn't know eachother, he knows a ton of my friends).

Guy was, -bar none- the dumbest motherfucking professional athlete I've ever imagined. He acts like an awkward crack dealer. Has never offered anything somewhat related to an interesting or worthwhile thought. And you know what? He was almost the NFL rookie of the year and is going to be a phenomenal DB in this league.

Its been long documented that intelligence has nothing to do with football smarts. The dumbest motherfuckers ever have played their positions brilliantly. This guy will be fine and will understand NFL defenses just fine. And anyone who thinks this test reflects a player's ability to choose right from wrong on the field is a complete fucking moron. This test is worthless beyond picking the NFL's all-pro debate team. Such a hilariously shitty story for people to even talk about.
    While I agree with what you've said, Patrick Peterson last year scored a 6 (I think)... my real argument was about this guys learning disability. He doesn't deserve to be laughed at, or questioned. I feel for him, that's all.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    I understand, I kind of went off in my own direction. I agree with the moral issue you proposed, but to me the striking factor here is why the fuck anybody ever cared in the first place!

I'm not sure anybody does care. AJ Green and Patrick Peterson were among the five worst scores in the Wonderlick last season. It did not affect their draft status or performance. Teams do a hell of a lot more research on these players than just a test. If it meant anything, then Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best player of all time. Draft geeks go crazy about Wonderlick scores, three cone drill, bench press, etc. but it never seems to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'm not sure anybody does care. AJ Green and Patrick Peterson were among the five worst scores in the Wonderlick last season. It did not affect their draft status or performance. Teams do a hell of a lot more research on these players than just a test. If it meant anything, then Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best player of all time. Draft geeks go crazy about Wonderlick scores, three cone drill, bench press, etc. but it never seems to matter.
    If your not a QB or OL, it means shit.

Especially if you're an outstanding player with a learning disability.

Thread Information