Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 73
  1. #1
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,632

    Let the Madness Begin

    Now that the CBA is signed, its gonna be a fun next couple of days/weeks with all the signings.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  2. #2
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43,776
    This is going to be crazy. Can't wait.


  3. #3
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,092
    I heard the Raiders are 15 million over
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,586
    Next few weeks are going to be crazy in the NFL, but fun.

  5. #5
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
    I heard the Raiders are 15 million over
    After they get rid of Aso, Gallery, and some other players they won't be. There are quite a few teams over the limit and a couple under since now there is a minimum cap.

    They are also one of a few teams who signed a lot of there players to deals before the lockout started. We only have Zachar Miller and Michael Bush to resign.
    Last edited by FlyGuy78; 07-26-2011 at 09:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Some real interesting days coming up, especially for the Jets.

    Holmes will be our #1 priority after Harris is signed.

    We could use Sanchez restructure to help bring back possibly Edwards or Cro.



  7. #7
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    I keep reading that Holmes may not be resigned and that other teams (I think the Redskins) are interested. I would think that they would want to keep him.

  8. #8
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I keep reading that Holmes may not be resigned and that other teams (I think the Redskins) are interested. I would think that they would want to keep him.
    He's definitely the Jets #1 priority but he's going to go to the highest bidder. It'll be between the Jets/Skins. I never have any doubts when it comes to contracts and Mike T, he's the best numbers GM around.



  9. #9
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Done and dusted.

    Holmes stays with the Jets. 5 year deal.

    Next...



  10. #10
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,632
    Hearing Aso will take a nice pay cut to get to the Jets.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  11. #11
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Hearing Aso will take a nice pay cut to get to the Jets.
    That's the whispers. Sanchez is restructuring, Aso and Braylon looking to take a paycut to be on the Jets.



  12. #12
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43,776
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Hearing Aso will take a nice pay cut to get to the Jets.
    I doubt it unless Mr. T gets really creative and/or the $ is close.


  13. #13
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    I doubt it unless Mr. T gets really creative and/or the $ is close.
    I don't put anything past Mr. T



  14. #14
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    The Jets are offering him $12 mil a year and he wants around $20 mil a year...that's one hell of a pay cut to take. I think they are going to have to pay him at least $15 mil a year for him to take the job.

  15. #15
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Holmes resigned with the Jets. Looks like Edwards is the man out.

  16. #16
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Holmes resigned with the Jets. Looks like Edwards is the man out.
    Yeah, we discussed this in the 10:00am hour!!!!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  17. #17
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43,776
    Who would have thought that the 2 "leaders" right now for Plaxico would be the Giants and Steelers?


  18. #18
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,632
    Apparently he has dinner with Coughlin tonight and Tomlin tomorrow or some shit like that.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  19. #19
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43,776
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Apparently he has dinner with Coughlin tonight and Tomlin tomorrow or some shit like that.
    I know but you could have gotten great odds on those 2 teams being interested.


  20. #20
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    The Jets are offering him $12 mil a year and he wants around $20 mil a year...that's one hell of a pay cut to take. I think they are going to have to pay him at least $15 mil a year for him to take the job.
    $20m a year?



  21. #21
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    $20m a year?
    You act as though this is new! He's been asking for this kind of money since he knew he wasn't coming back to OAK. He's the #1 shutdown CB in the league and has been for many years now. Only Revis is on his level. I'm not saying he's going to get the $20 mil, but he's going to want more than $12 mil a year thats for sure or he would have signed already.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,586
    Rumors are HOU might be willing to give him $15M a season.

  23. #23
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43,776
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    You act as though this is new! He's been asking for this kind of money since he knew he wasn't coming back to OAK. He's the #1 shutdown CB in the league and has been for many years now. Only Revis is on his level. I'm not saying he's going to get the $20 mil, but he's going to want more than $12 mil a year thats for sure or he would have signed already.
    No FA has signed already, Mortensen.


  24. #24
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    No FA has signed already, Mortensen.
    What world do you live in Dilbert?! FA have been signing all day. Get your head out of your ass!!
    Last edited by FlyGuy78; 07-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,718
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    What world do you live in Dilbert?! FA have been signing all day. Get your head out of your ass!!
    They can come to agreements in principle, but as far as I know, nobody can officially sign until tomorrow at 6pm or something like that.

  26. #26
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    They can come to agreements in principle, but as far as I know, nobody can officially sign until tomorrow at 6pm or something like that.
    That's as good as signing really.

  27. #27
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,801
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    You act as though this is new! He's been asking for this kind of money since he knew he wasn't coming back to OAK. He's the #1 shutdown CB in the league and has been for many years now. Only Revis is on his level. I'm not saying he's going to get the $20 mil, but he's going to want more than $12 mil a year thats for sure or he would have signed already.
    Revis' contract won't allow for that - he's the comparable as the best corner in the league as you say. I'd be surprised if he gets more than $15mm and likely closer to $12mm. $20mm would be ridiculous. How he thinks he's worth that is also ridiculous.

  28. #28
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Revis' contract won't allow for that - he's the comparable as the best corner in the league as you say. I'd be surprised if he gets more than $15mm and likely closer to $12mm. $20mm would be ridiculous. How he thinks he's worth that is also ridiculous.
    I think it's a crazy price too and I think he was saying that to the Raiders so that they wouldn't resign him. I think he will get $15 mil and it looks like right now the Texans are in the lead with that offer.

  29. #29
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Guess he really enjoys being a loser/mediocre.

    If he wants to actually, you know, make the playoffs, he'll chop $3-4m off his contract and come to the Jets.

    And if not? Hey, we still got the best CB in the business!



  30. #30
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    85 to the Pats sounds like its a done deal



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •