2011 Masters Thread

Screw putting it in Tigers thread, he's not worthy of my time

Watney 3 under on the day. Needs to keep it there, will be fine heading into the weekend.

Unreal from the 3some of McIlroy, Fowler and Day.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Tigers charging...

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Tigers charging...
    And no one is scared

Edit: Hell of a round though.
    Last edited by dw13; 04-08-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Senior Member First Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    And no one is scared

Edit: Hell of a round though.
    I don't know about that, Tiger was at E at 8 and finished at -7, he's coming along and is in the second last group. He hasn't played great or even good in the last 1 1/2 years but he's won the green jacket 4 times. I bet there will be a few golfers looking over there shoulders to see what he is doing. If he was going to get his game back this was probably the best place for it. I'm not a huge fan of his but it's an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan1 View Post
    I don't know about that, Tiger was at +1 at 8 and finished at -7, he's coming along and is in the second last group. He hasn't played great or even good in the last 1 1/2 years but he's won the green jacket 4 times. I bet there will be a few golfers looking over there shoulders to see what he is doing. If he was going to get his game back this was probably the best place for it. I'm not a huge fan of his but it's an interesting story.
    Probably, but only because it's some kids on top of the leaderboard. That's Tigers bestfriend at the moment, IMO.

Still haven't seen him put back to back rounds together, so tomorrow will be interesting.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I never thought that I would say this but, especially with Phil a non-factor right now, I'm kinda pulling for Tiger.

I'll side with dawinna here and say no ones scared of Tiger yet.. he hasn't strung together 4 rounds in a long, long time. I'll be watching him tomorrow though, always been a Tiger fan. Would be good to see him back in it.

Hopefully we see a tougher setup tomorrow and some harder greens.

Go Sergio!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    With Hunter Mahan out (great pick that was ) I think I will also be going for Tiger to win this.

Don't like the little fella, but hell of a way to keep it together, Rory.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Today should be fun.

Tiger time!
    -5 through 8 today with a bogey.

Gotta say, I don't like Rory (and I saw this coming) but I never thought he'd lose it this hard. Tough to even watch.

Really tough to watch him fall apart like that.

Rory falling apart has made this a really interesting Masters (kind of reminds me of Dustin Johnson at the US open).

Anyone can win, but I think -12 will be the number. Especially with Scott at -11 and the par 5 #15 to play.

Please stop showing Rory, CBS. It's hurting me to even watch the poor guy and I don't like him!

Schwartzel definitely earned that with a birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie finish. That's amazing.

Lets compare:

Tiger's interview after playing awesome: Horrible. A complete ass, as short as can be. Awkward

Rory's interview after shooting 80: Gracious, nice, composed and well put together.

Fuck off, Tiger. Keep dreaming when you've said you've changed, prick.

Fuck off, Tiger. Keep dreaming when you've said you've changed, prick.
    You sure are nasty regarding people that you've never met. Last I heard, he said that he needed to change things about his life. There's no on/off switch. It's a lifelong process.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    You sure are nasty regarding people that you've never met. Last I heard, he said that he needed to change things about his life. There's no on/off switch. It's a lifelong process.
    Last I heard, he said he was working towards that process. What's he shown the public to suggest he's doing that? He still refuses to sign autographs, he continually screams "fuck" and "god damnit" on the course and his interviews are downright insulting. Not to mention the defensive dodging of the questions in his press conferences when they even begin to talk about his "new" or "old" life.

Life long process to do what? To actually have SOME golf edict? To sign some autographs for kids before playing? To actually compose yourself and give an interview atleast to the quality of a 21 year old not even from this country?

Tiger Woods is the same man he was before, and I have no problems with that. But I don't want to hear him saying he's changed and is a new man.

And I don't have millions of people watching me, supporting me, giving their money to me... I don't need to not be nasty. He does.
    Last edited by dw13; 04-10-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Last I heard, he said he was working towards that process. What's he shown the public to suggest he's doing that? He still refuses to sign autographs, he continually screams "fuck" and "god damnit" on the course and his interviews are downright insulting. Not to mention the defensive dodging of the questions in his press conferences when they even begin to talk about his "new" or "old" life.

Life long process to do what? To actually have SOME golf edict? To sign some autographs for kids before playing? To actually compose yourself and give an interview atleast to the quality of a 21 year old not even from this country?

Tiger Woods is the same man he was before, and I have no problems with that. But I don't want to hear him saying he's changed and is a new man.

And I don't have millions of people watching me, supporting me, giving their money to me... I don't need to not be nasty. He does.
    I have noticed that you have issues with certain athletes and that causes you to see what you want to see. The same thing happened with you and Vick. You claimed that he hadn't done shit. I disagreed because I constantly see him trying to do the right thing. We only see what we're looking for.

Now, as for Tiger, I see someone that is less robotic and more personable with the fans, media, and fellow players. He never offered more than coined responses. I see someone a little better in that regard. We may be talking semantics but I have never heard him say that he has changed. I have heard him say that he needed to change certain aspects of his life. Like I said, that is a lifelong process. I don't care what it is.......If you have done something a certain way for your entire life, it isn't easy to change. No matter what, change is difficult. Whether you want him to be able to immediately become a new person, that's not how it works.

I have noticed that you have issues with certain athletes and that causes you to see what you want to see. The same thing happened with you and Vick. You claimed that he hadn't done shit. I disagreed because I constantly see him trying to do the right thing. We only see what we're looking for.

Now, as for Tiger, I see someone that is less robotic and more personable with the fans, media, and fellow players. He never offered more than coined responses. I see someone a little better in that regard. We may be talking semantics but I have never heard him say that he has changed. I have heard him say that he needed to change certain aspects of his life. Like I said, that is a lifelong process. I don't care what it is.......If you have done something a certain way for your entire life, it isn't easy to change. No matter what, change is difficult. Whether you want him to be able to immediately become a new person, that's not how it works.
    OK, sorry. I shouldn't worry about him changing his life, I don't care what he does with his life off the course.

But when he's on the course, around the course and with the game of golf. He needs to apply himself to the fans, by that he needs to do more than 'walk and sign' for like 5 people. Needs to model after people like Mickelson, Watson and others who spend minimum 45 minutes signing autographs for fans.

Also, like Tom Watson said, he needs to get rid of the constant swearing on the course. He's killing the integrity of the game and everything it stands for. There is no place for fuck's and damn's after 5 footer that lipped out. He's the only guy doing it. He's the only guy throwing his arms everywhere after he misses a shot.

Tiger said he would do these things because he realizes how much he's looked at and that he hasn't always been the most respectful person or golfer on the course.

I'd really like to know why you think he's more appealing to the fans? The Golf Channel was appalled at his lack of change.

I feel like I sound as if I'm overreacting. I don't care that much about it, just for the record.
    Last edited by dw13; 04-10-2011 at 11:50 PM.

OK, sorry. I shouldn't worry about him changing his life, I don't care what he does with his life off the course.

But when he's on the course, around the course and with the game of golf. He needs to apply himself to the fans, by that he needs to do more than 'walk and sign' for like 5 people. Needs to model after people like Mickelson, Watson and others who spend minimum 45 minutes signing autographs for fans.

Also, like Tom Watson said, he needs to get rid of the constant swearing on the course. He's killing the integrity of the game and everything it stands for. There is no place for fuck's and damn's after 5 footer that lipped out. He's the only guy doing it. He's the only guy throwing his arms everywhere after he misses a shot.

Tiger said he would do these things because he realizes how much he's looked at and that he hasn't always been the most respectful person or golfer on the course.

I'd really like to know why you think he's more appealing to the fans? The Golf Channel was appalled at his lack of change.

I feel like I sound as if I'm overreacting. I don't care that much about it, just for the record.
    By no means am I saying that he has made wholesale changes in his attitude on the course. My point is that I see a change, if only a small one. I see someone that interacts with the fans and his playing partner a little more. Nothing major but I see a difference.

I would like to see him continue to do whatever he needs to do to improve his on-course behavior. I don't want to get technical about it but, if he is a (sex) addict like has been reported by the media, that is the lifelong process that I was talking about. It's about a lot more than just removing the alcohol, drugs, or in his case, sex. Removing the "substance" is just the beginning.

By no means am I saying that he has made wholesale changes in his attitude on the course. My point is that I see a change, if only a small one. I see someone that interacts with the fans and his playing partner a little more. Nothing major but I see a difference.

I would like to see him continue to do whatever he needs to do to improve his on-course behavior. I don't want to get technical about it but, if he is a (sex) addict like has been reported by the media, that is the lifelong process that I was talking about. It's about a lot more than just removing the alcohol, drugs, or in his case, sex. Removing the "substance" is just the beginning.
    Alright, I agree the sex addict thing will be a life long change (although, hearing that he's dating a 21 year old who has a criminal background doesn't seem like he's trying to change it much). But like I said, I don't really care about his outside life.

He needs to clean up his behavior when it comes to golf. I haven't seen a single sign of that, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

Alright, I agree the sex addict thing will be a life long change (although, hearing that he's dating a 21 year old who has a criminal background doesn't seem like he's trying to change it much). But like I said, I don't really care about his outside life.

He needs to clean up his behavior when it comes to golf. I haven't seen a single sign of that, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on.
    I understand. I am not trying to make it sound like he has made a complete transformation on the course. I'm just saying that I see a little something from him that I never saw before. I see more smiling on the course, I see him interacting with the fans a little more, and I see him talking more with his playing partners. That might not seem like much compared to most players but, for him, that's definitely an improvement.

Thread Information