Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581

    2011 MLB Predictions

    I'm not doing every single team this season, just who I think wins each divsion + wild cards.

    NL East Champ

    Philly

    NL Central

    Milwaukee

    NL West

    San Francisco

    NL Wild Card

    Atlanta

    AL East

    Boston

    AL Central

    Chicago

    AL West

    LAAAAAA


    AL Wild Card

    Minnesota

    World Series

    Boston over Philly.

    NL MVP

    Ryan Braun

    AL MVP

    Adrian Gonzalez

    NL Cy Young

    Roy Halladay

    AL Cy Young

    CC Sabathia

    NL ROY

    Freddie Freeman

    AL ROY

    Jermery Hellickson

  2. #2
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    NL East: Philly
    NL Cent: Reds
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL WC: Braves

    AL East: Red Sox
    AL Cent: Tigers
    AL West: Angels
    AL WC: Rays

    NL: Reds
    AL: Angels*

    NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw
    AL Cy Young: Dan Haren

    NL MVP: Joey Votto
    AL MVP: Evan Longoria



  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,717
    NL East: Philly
    NL Cent: Brewers
    NL West: Giants
    NL WC: Cards

    AL East: Red Sox
    AL Cent: Tigers
    AL West: Rangers
    AL WC: Yanks

    NL: Philly
    AL: Red Sox

    World Series: Philly

    NL Cy Young: Tiny Tim
    AL Cy Young: King Felix

    NL MVP: Albert Pujols
    AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

    NL ROY: Brandon Belt
    AL ROY: Jeremy Hellickson


    Hate going with the obvious choices but the Phillies rotation is just retardedly good and the Red Sox lineup is beastly.

  4. #4
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    I wanted to go with Felix but I stuck with my going out on a climb picks.



  5. #5
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I wanted to go with Felix but I stuck with my going out on a climb picks.
    I like your Kershaw pick for this year

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Boston is finally starting to play like everyone thought thay would, Crawford is also starting to heat up.

  7. #7
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    I know I am a little late on this.......but, I think quite a few people --- mostly in the Philly area, got sucked into this whole 4 Aces thing in Philly. I remember before the season started, Philly wasn't losing two in a row. Philly won't lose two in a week, etc. I don't know... I was impressed with the top four, but questioned the bats/line-up. Injuries have been a part of the team. Sure they are leading the NL east right, but don't count Atlanta out and don't look past Florida. I don't think the Marlins will stick it out all season, I think the division goes to Philly or Atlanta. I don't think Philly or Atlanta make it to the Series though. I think the Series goes somewhere unexpected, perhaps Cleveland who are playing well now.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,820
    While I'm sure that's true KK, I think it should be noted by absolutely everyone that despite having no Chase Utley until this week, and being without Victorino this week, they're still in first place in Major League Baseball. That says alot.

    They are still the team to beat in MLB, without question.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    How about Arizona, wow are they playing some good ball.

  10. #10
    The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,632
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    While I'm sure that's true KK, I think it should be noted by absolutely everyone that despite having no Chase Utley until this week, and being without Victorino this week, they're still in first place in Major League Baseball. That says alot.

    They are still the team to beat in MLB, without question.
    Personally, I don't think they are the team to beat in the MLB. Possibly in the NL, and that is only because of all the hype thrown upon them with the Lee signing.

    I think the team to beat in the MLB comes out of the AL this year.

    As for the Phils winning without Chase, actually no one in the Philly area is that concerned over Utley. Sure he brings a presence, and even though he's a Phillie, I do like the way he plays... Plays hard, 200% each time out... but that style of play brings out the injuries, more and more frequently, so expect DL stints more frequently as time moves on. On top of that, I still question their line-up.

    I am not disputing the Phillies as a top team in the NL, and I would be more surprised if they missed the post-season than if they made it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make the World Series or if the AL comes out on top in the Series.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!


    PM me for price quotes for signature space.

  11. #11
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,768
    I don't know. Assuming decent health, I have a hard time believing that they will lose a short series with their starting pitching. The possibility of Halladay and Lee being able to pitch 5 games scares me.


  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Personally, I don't think they are the team to beat in the MLB. Possibly in the NL, and that is only because of all the hype thrown upon them with the Lee signing.

    I think the team to beat in the MLB comes out of the AL this year.

    As for the Phils winning without Chase, actually no one in the Philly area is that concerned over Utley. Sure he brings a presence, and even though he's a Phillie, I do like the way he plays... Plays hard, 200% each time out... but that style of play brings out the injuries, more and more frequently, so expect DL stints more frequently as time moves on. On top of that, I still question their line-up.

    I am not disputing the Phillies as a top team in the NL, and I would be more surprised if they missed the post-season than if they made it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make the World Series or if the AL comes out on top in the Series.
    So let me get this straight...if you had to choose today between these two teams :

    C - Carlos Santana
    1B - Matt LaPorta
    2B - Orlando Cabrera
    SS - Asdrubal Cabrera
    3B - Jack Hannahan
    RF - Shin Soo Choo
    CF - Grady Sizemore
    LF - Shelley Duncan
    DH - Travis Hafner

    SP - Josh Tomlin, Justin Masterson, Fausto Carmona, Carlos Carrasco, Mitch Talbot

    or...

    C - Carlos Ruiz
    1B - Ryan Howard
    2B - Chase Utley
    SS - Jimmy Rollins
    3B - Placido Polanco
    RF - Dominic Brown
    CF - Shane Victorino
    LF - Raul Ibanez
    DH - John Mayberry Jr.

    SP - Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, Roy Oswalt, Vance Worley

    You take the first team?(I specified Indians because you mentioned them)

    I mean, I get what you're saying if what you're saying is "it's not a forgone conclusion that the Phillies make the World Series". You're right about that. It's not. But to suggest they're not the heavy, heavy, prohibitive favourites to do so is silly.

    Once they get there, you're right though. The Boston Red Sox still loom really large(although, their pitching is a disaster right now).

  13. #13
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,581
    Pirates look like they are for real this season, they might be adding to there roster not trading away like most other seasons.

    Texas is kicking some ass, 12 wins in a row, they should add one more SP if they can.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •