Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KK's 2011 Picks

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Well.... with the first bye week upon us, the pickins are slim, but here is where I go:

Indianapolis Colts at home -2 over Kansas City - no the Colts aren't that good, but the Chiefs are that bad!
    Arizona on the road +3 over Minnesota - Kolb sends McNabb packing again!
    Oakland on the road +5 over Houston - No Andre Johnson + the passing of Al Davis, Oakland OUTRIGHT today!

New England Patriots at home -7 ovrt NYJ - I know, the Jets won two over NE, but there is no team NE wants to demolish more right now.
    DENVER BRONCOS +3.5 at home over San Diego - SD the better team, but for some reason can't play IN Denver. Take the home points.

We'll leave it at this right now... Let's see how the numbers shake out. If its a down day, I just may call it quits for the day, I don't wanna chase the money going into an epic late game (GB @ Atlanta) and that MNF game is shaky.

I wanted to hop all over Buffalo too, but feel its the classic "trap" here. Clearly, Buffalo has been playing better. 3-1 vs. Philly's 1-3, they are at home instead of in Philly. They have a monster run game that Philly likely won't be able to handle. So why is the number Philly -3. Not buying it, not sold enough on Philly to take that side either. Another game I almost got swindled into was the Giants -10. Don't like this number at all. Too much, even for the shitty ass SeaFrauds.
    Last edited by King_Killah; 10-09-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

It wasn't really a 'home' game for Texas, I mean, it's the Cotton bowl. 50/50. I didn't expect them to get blown out that bad but I hope you didn't put money on it thinking they were playing in Austin...

Probably staying off NFL today. Not enough time to look and I won't even be around to watch any.

NCAA: 8-5
    NFL: 3-2

Decided to get on a few games even though I hate being on action I can't watch:

Tampa +3
    Arizona +3.5
    Oakland +5

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    NCAA: 8-5
    NFL: 3-2

Decided to get on a few games even though I hate being on action I can't watch:

Tampa +3
    Arizona +3.5
    Oakland +5
    What the f*ck happened to Tampa??? I have officially placed them in the FRAUD category. The category that solely belonged to the Seahawks is now a shared category.

......and Arizona??? For shame Kevin Kolb for allowing a Donovan McNabb team to beat you. For shame. Albeit, yes, if it weren't for Adrian Peterson, the Vikings wouldn't have done squat...not the point.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    It wasn't really a 'home' game for Texas, I mean, it's the Cotton bowl. 50/50. I didn't expect them to get blown out that bad but I hope you didn't put money on it thinking they were playing in Austin...

Probably staying off NFL today. Not enough time to look and I won't even be around to watch any.
    I didn't expect them to get whomped... I thought it was pretty amazing that the stadium was equally divided.

...................on that note:

Detroit Lions -6.5 over the Bears. Lions first MNF home game in how long???? Detroit is actually playing good or better on both sides of the ball. F* Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by KK's Stats
    NCAA(F):16-7
    NFL: 12-11-2
    We call that a win.
    Last edited by King_Killah; 10-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.

By the way..... USC -3 over Cal tonight....

USC..... another win! Starting to get cocky and arrogant.... someone needs to real me in. I got NINE in today. This is when things start to get bad. But anyway... Let's roll.

Michigan +3 over Michigan State... Michigan is for real... A lot of spots I am seeing Blue as the favorites.

Mississippi State +3 over South Carolina...

Those are my only two dogs, the rest is all chalk. ...and lot's of chalk at that.

Temple -21 over Buffalo.

Rutgers -3.5 over Navy.
    Oklahoma State -7 over Texas.
    Georgia Tech -7 over Virginia.

Clemson -7 over Maryland.
    Stanford -21 over Washington State.
    Oklahoma -35.5 over Kansas.

Good luck........

You love laying those big numbers huh? 2 21's and a 35.5? Eee, I leave them alone even though you'll probably hit them now!

Pitt -6 over Utah
    S. Carolina -3 over Miss St
    GA Tech -7 over Virginia
    East Carolina -14 over Memphis

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    USC..... another win! Starting to get cocky and arrogant.... someone needs to real me in. I got NINE in today. This is when things start to get bad. But anyway... Let's roll.
    Since you asked for this.
    I still hold a 1 game lead over you in "our" College Pick'em pool so you can't be that great.

Btw. Why are the Rams tomorrow only 15 points dog against the Pack?
    They have no NFL worthy CB, they are going against one of the past passing attacks in the game, they play outside and not in a dome and they have lost by more points against weaker opponents.

Seriously? SC? Seriously? A SAFETY to blow it?

I'm not having a good start. Ga Tech down, Pitt lost.

Ugly.

Against my will I'm going to add:

Florida/Auburn U51
    Texas Tech -3.5
    Stanford -20

3-4 day overall. Saved it late in the night, not horrible.

NFL plays in the morning, hopefully.

After all that nonsense... Ended up 5-4. Really??? Dammit. That's good though. It still in on the plus side. ....and I think it was enough to real me back in from playing so many games.

I know better than to play on Michigan. Everytime I do they tank. ...and it seems like when they roll, MichSTATE is the roadblock. Hahaha... I was gonna go with the MissSTATE OUTRIGHT win over SC, but decided the better option was the points. I'll take those three points, thank you! Temple! Rutgers, really... You can't cover the 3.5 at home? Bastards. OkSTATE, too much for Texas. GaTECH, what happened??? Clemson...what a freakin' game. Didn't get to see any of this one, but watching the scores, didn't they come back from 17 or 18 twice, to not only win but cover. Stanford. Too much. Finally... Oklahoma. I figured if the number was 35-36 that they should have won by 60. They had a shot to backdoor it if they didn't throw the INT in the last 6 or 7 minutes. If they could have scored on that drive, they would have stopped Kansas and got the ball back with enough time to nail one more TD.

Oh well... I'll take that 5-4, and I'll come back with my NFL picks momentarily.

Alright... just ran through the lines, and there are actually quite a few that I like. I stopped at 5 games though, 4 - 1:00pm's and 1 - 4:00pm.

Green Bay -14 over St. Louis. Really, only 14. This game should be murder.

Washington +3 over Philly. Now I know Philly has to turn it around at some point. I honestly can't see it being this week. No, I don't think Washington's offense is as "explosive" as Philly's, but Washington's defense is solid enough to contain Philly which will let Washington's offense be able to manage the scoreboard. I don't think Philly will be able to stop the three-headed run attack and I don't think they can stop Fred Davis. I will hold off on playing Philly until after their bye-week. I'll grab those 3 points at home.

Cincinnati -6 over Indianapolis. Personally I think the Bengals are gonna rape the Colts here. Indy IS that bad and Cincy is good on both sides of the ball. Somehow. Wasn't Cincy supposed to be in all this turmoil with Palmer demanding to be traded or he was retiring? Supposedly there was no team unity. Dalton, Green, Gresham... Nice work fellas.

Ravens -7 over Houston. Really, Houston replaces Andre Johnson with Derrick Mason??? Wow... I can see a whomping here.

Lastly... I can't believe I am doing this two weeks in a row, but the Oakland Raiders -6.5 over Cleveland should be straight up gold. Raiders playing well coupled with Cleveland traveling west, I can see a TD win.

Good luck.

NCAA(F): 22-11
    NFL: 12-11-2
    Updated.

NCAA: 12-9
    NFL: 6-7

Pack -14
    Jags/Steelers U41
    NE/Dallas O55
    Clev/Oak O44.5
    Det/SF O46

Riding a lot of overs!

GL!

NCAA(F): 16-7
    NFL: 16-12-2
    I am definitely not tagging 9 games this week (that's the plan anyway...) but I do have one going tonight...

Taking Rutgers SU over Louisville. The line I have is Rutgers +1.5. Watch Louisville win 21-20! Decided to play the few extra sheckles on the ML, looking for a Scarlet Knights straight up winner.

Any thoughts on West Virginia -14 @ Syracuse???? I was liking WestVA early in the week, and had the number dip to -12.5, but it went back up to the -14. Late Syracuse action. Two touches??? I'll leave it be, unless I hear some overwhelming convincing comments.

Good luck.....

DW, how did those OVERS do???

Overs didn't play out well. Some close ones, tough luck.

Went 2-3.

NCAA: 15-13
    NFL: 8-10

Been real cold lately, so I'm going to go with my the brain call on this one.

WV -14 -- Can't see the Orange stopping Geno Smith.

Hopefully I'll be around in the morning tomorrow for my plays. GL!

WVU is shit.

Arkansas -15 over Miss
    Northwestern +4.5 vs Penn St
    Miami/GT U62.5
    UL Monroe -6 over North Texas

Won't be around all day to watch most of my action. Good luck, KK.

Dammit that +1.5 wouldn't have even helped me... I hate coming into the weekend chasing... But, it is what it is...

DW - I don't wanna mush your Northwestern play, but I like it, so I am hopping on it also. I like that you got the hook, I only got it at +4, but I'll take it.

Plays:

Clemson -10 over North Carolina

Temple -14 over Bowling Green

Northwestern +4 over Penn State
    Alabama -29.5 over Tennessee

Oklahoma -29 over Texas Tech
    Washington +20 over Stanford
    Stanford SU over Washington
    Wisconsin -7 over Michigan State

Good luck!!!

NCAA(F): 16-8

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    I am definitely not tagging 9 games this week (that's the plan anyway...) but I do have one going tonight...
    1 + 8 = ???

Btw. You really think both Alabama and Oklahoma will cover those 29+ points? Seems a really high number for both. And what's the line for Stanford SU? Roughly -1000? Not much profit to make there.
    Last edited by suckerpuncher; 10-22-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Adding:

UL Lafayette -3 over WKentucky
    Kansas +11 vs Kansas St

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpuncher View Post
    1 + 8 = ???

Btw. You really think both Alabama and Oklahoma will cover those 29+ points? Seems a really high number for both. And what's the line for Stanford SU? Roughly -1000? Not much profit to make there.
    I know, I know!!!!!!

Stanford SU is at -1200. Yeah, terrible pay out, but it's one of those "guaranteed" money things! I am hoping that they both cover the 29. I was gonna bang out Boise State -30, but thought that would have been too many big numbers.

What an awful day. Seriously. Wow.

I'll be back tomorrow for some plays.

Certainly not the outcome I was looking for...

WINNERS - Clemson; Alabama; Stanford SU
    LOSERS - Temple; Northwestern; Oklahoma; Washington; Wisconsin
    (Sorry DW for mushing that N'Western play)

Coming into Sunday really chasing. Don't like that at all.

Anyway... Here we go with some picks...Was looking at several games; even was looking at the first teasers of the season, but I actually backed off and just went with four sides.

1:00

Tampa Bay +1.5 over Chicago in London...
    Denver Broncos -1.5 @ Miami

4:00

Dallas -14 @ St. Louis
    Green Bay -10 @ Minnesota

Giving up a lot of points on the road. Really, does Minnesota have any shot at Green Bay??? ......and for that matter, does St. Louis have any shot at Dallas? I guess, you could say the Rams do, depending on which Tony Romo shows up. Also, AJ Feeley does have experience, but that offense is horrific. As for the Broncos, as has been mentioned all week long, this is going to be a "home" game for the Broncos, at least for Tebow. The Dolphins are hideous. The London game... My thinking here is that the Buccs have been overseas all week long practicing on the shitty ass soccer turf while the Bears just go there Friday. I still don't believe the Yuccs are as bad as the 49ers made them out to be, and I don't believe in Cutler.

Good luck....hope there is a bounce back after yesterday's debacle. Depending on what happens with these four, I may be back with the late game.

NCAA(F): 19-13

I'm on Tennessee, Jets, Green Bay

GL

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Hey, boys. Forgot about this thread.

I'm up 3.5 units in my first week of hockey, so that's been kind of awesome.

NFL teaser today at 8.5 points with ties winning:
    Carolina Panthers +7 * vs Washington Redskins
    Dallas Cowboys -6 * vs St. Louis Rams
    Green Bay Packers -2 * vs Minnesota Vikings
    Baltimore Ravens -2 * vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Hopefully I win the first three and I'm going to hedge the shit out of JAX for the late game.

Good luck.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Trying to decide if I should hedge my bet with JAX +9.5 on Monday.

Also, adding PHX ML for a half unit tonight.

I looked into this a couple of years back but it clearly didn't stick, so maybe one of you can help explain how to understand betting lines.

Thread Information