Thread: Concerts

Ok, here goes:
    5/24: Lynyrd Skynyrd w/ZZ Top
    6/1: Willie Nelson and Family
    8/2: Motley Crue and Posion
    8/16: Kid Rock w/Sheryl Crow

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Got some shows on tap..........

Awww f*ck it... I'll admit, it... Throwing this one out there too. Gonna be at Sugarland, too. My wife is all about Sugarland, and while I don't particularly care for country music, there is a lot of eye candy at country music concerts!
    Not to hijack the thread, but KK, I have a ton of respect for Sugarland. This song/video still gives me goosebumps and causes me to tear up EVERY single time I hear and see it. Whether or not this genre of music is your cup of tea or not, the pure, raw emotion an artist can evoke is absolutely incredible.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG1n1B0Ydw"]YouTube - ‪Sugarland - Stay‬‏[/ame]

Last night's concert: Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top, for anyone who cares....I don't think this is the type of show most HIers would find themselves attending. I, however, am old and a product of the classic rock of the 70's. Both bands played equal time. ZZ Top closed the show. I have seen Skynyrd close to a dozen times since the late 90's.....this really pains me to say, but last night was by far the worst. No personalities. Rossington seemed to be going through the motions. This is the first time I have seen them w/o Billy Powell and probably the last. Rickey Medlocke was his usual, high energy, entertaining self, but the set was just.....I don't know.....blah.

ZZ Top was tight and on their game. The Reverend did this thing where he held up his pick, showed it to Dusty, handed to a security dude (who gave it to a fan). Billy then played one handed on the neck for what seemed like eternity. It was absolutely incredible.

^ that'd be a great show....although I saw Skynyrd a few years back and wasn't super impressed by the show itself...love the band though

Last night, Willie Nelson and Family in Columbus, Ohio. Hands down, one of the most enjoyable shows I have attended in a long, long time. An American Institution. Truly an incredible evening!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buckeye; 06-02-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Leaving for Bonnaroo in less than 12 hours.

Got back from Bonnaroo late Monday night. So hot, so tired, so awesome.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Got Kid Rock coming up this Saturday. Show at the Borgata in Atlantic City... From what I know, there isn't a scheduled opening act for the show, and an extended Kid Rock set list is expected.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Let's go Red Wings All-Star Cornholio's Avatar
    enjoy, KK!!
    Never seen him live, hope you're gonna write something in here

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    enjoy, KK!!
    I've seen Kid Rock numerous times over now... From the big stage, to smaller venues. He puts on a good show. I'll be sure to give a review of the show!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Glad you had an awsome trip, NYR! EVERYONE I know who went there said String Cheese absolutely killed it and stole the show.

Can't wait to see Bryan Adams tonight!!!
    Hope it stays dry, and even more I hope he plays more ROCK songs than ballads

enjoy, KK!!
    Pretty solid show from start to finish.....

No opening act! No seats!!!!!!! He played for 2 1/2 hours. Great mix of tunes in his set. Old school stuff, old stuff, all the way up to the new stuff. Encored with 4 songs, ended with "Born Free" with a giant American flag as his backdrop. He played some songs that were a surprise, like "Fist of Rage" and a cool medley of covers and classics. Full fledge tour kicks off in July. If you can, I'd check it out!

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Soundgarden reunion this weekend...cannot fucking wait.

Went to see Michael Franti in Utica last weekend (right outside of Saranac Brewery). It was raining, but good beer, good music, good times.

Gonna see the Big Four tonight!!!

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Electric Forest 2011 = Best festival of my lifetime so far. Jesus what a weekend. I'll never even consider wasting time on the garbage, shittastic vibe and scene at the mainstream fests like Coechella/Bonnaroo/Lollapalooza. The love and positive energy on display was indescribable, String Cheese played their very best set by far since returning in August and just dominated the weekend overall. The lineup was breathtaking and everybody brought their A-game. Just an amazing time, will never forget it. So fucking glad to be home though. Exhausted is an understatement for how I feel right now.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    U2 next Monday.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Hate to dissapoint anyone going to future Soundgarden shows on this tour, but better to hear it from me than hear it from them on that night. They sounded terrible.

Give some leeway maybe because it's only the 2nd show of the tour, but they were really bad. Dissapointing.

Big 4 were great!
    Anthrax were OK, Scott Ian was missing, Sepultura's Andreas Kisser replaced him.
    Megadeth had shitty sound (Mustaine's mic must have been out of order or so?), plus too many solos, no "A Tout Le Monde"...
    Slayer were fucking great!!! They were so intense, I still am impressed!!!
    Metallica were good too, but nothing too special. One song from the "DM", one more "post-Black Album song" ("The Memory Remains"), mostly old stuff.
    Unfortunately, they didn't play "No Remorse".

Setlist Anthrax
    · Caught in a Mosh
    · Madhouse
    · Got the Time
    · Among the Living
    · Antisocial
    · Indians
    · Fight ‘Em Till You Can’t
    · Metal Thrashing Mad
    · Medusa
    · I Am The Law

Setlist Megadeth
    · Trust
    · In My Darkest Hour
    · Hangar 18
    · Wake Up Dead
    · Head Crusher
    · Rattlehead
    · Symphony of Destruction
    · Peace Sells
    · Holy Wars… The Punishment Due

Setlist Slayer
    · World Painted Blood
    · Hate Worldwide
    · War Ensemble
    · Postmortem
    · Stain of Mind
    · Disciple
    · Dead Skin Mask
    · Snuff
    · South of Heaven
    · Raining Blood
    · Black Magic
    · Angel of Death

Setlist Metallica
    · Hit the Lights
    · Master of Puppets
    · The Shortest Straw
    · Seek & Destroy
    · Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    · The Memory Remains
    · All Nightmare Long
    · Sad But True
    · Wherever I May Roam
    · The Call of Ktulu
    · One
    · For Whom the Bell Tolls
    · Blackened
    · Fade to Black
    · Enter Sandman

Encore
    · Helpless (w/ Megadeth und Anthrax)
    · Battery
    · Creeping Death

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    U2 next Monday.
    Wow. Now THAT was a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Last night's concert: Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top, for anyone who cares....I don't think this is the type of show most HIers would find themselves attending. I, however, am old and a product of the classic rock of the 70's. Both bands played equal time. ZZ Top closed the show. I have seen Skynyrd close to a dozen times since the late 90's.....this really pains me to say, but last night was by far the worst. No personalities. Rossington seemed to be going through the motions. This is the first time I have seen them w/o Billy Powell and probably the last. Rickey Medlocke was his usual, high energy, entertaining self, but the set was just.....I don't know.....blah.

ZZ Top was tight and on their game. The Reverend did this thing where he held up his pick, showed it to Dusty, handed to a security dude (who gave it to a fan). Billy then played one handed on the neck for what seemed like eternity. It was absolutely incredible.
    Was getting ready to hop in the thread to comment on the Crue/Poison show that I will be at tomorrow in Hershey, PA... Motorcat is at the show tonight in North Carolina. I was looking back at some past posts that I have missed.

I saw Skynyrd/ZZ a few years back. Same thing, Skynyrd opened, ZZ closed. Only thing is, about half the crowd left after Skynyrd got done. I have seen them probably 4 or 5 times now. The last time I saw them was last July with Bret Michaels opening. I thought that show was a little dull. They played a lot of newer songs, maybe that was the issue. Skynyrd is coming back here without ZZ. I was thinking about checking them out again.

I saw Bon Jovi last night!
    Richie Sambora came kinda straight from rehab, and that's what he looked like.
    And Jon, well, I have never seen such a poser on stage!!!
    But it was a good concert, I've never seem them yet, and I think I never will again, but it was worth it.

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Metallica playing on the hill tonight here in Halifax, pouring out, hope they get really drunk and high!

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

I saw Bon Jovi last night!
    Richie Sambora came kinda straight from rehab, and that's what he looked like.
    And Jon, well, I have never seen such a poser on stage!!!
    But it was a good concert, I've never seem them yet, and I think I never will again, but it was worth it.

This is a damn funny write up!!!!!!

I've seen Bon Jovi so many times it really isn't funny! Some shows are better than others. I hate when he does the 2+ hour shows and more than half of it are the newer slower songs. Ughhhhh.....

The last time I saw the Jove, it looked like Sambora needed to hit the rehab.

Got free tickets to see Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, Free, the Firm and most recently Queen, tonight.

Got free tickets to see Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, Free, the Firm and most recently Queen, tonight.
    Nice. I got to see Paul Rodgers solo a few years ago for free on a 4th of July. That was a solid show!

KK? Have you seen Crue/Poison yet this summer? I am going tomorrow night. Wondering what to expect. Saw the Crue was letting the fans choose the setlist via website votong. Based on the reviews I have read, looks like nothing new or suprising.....how disappointing. Would have like to heard some of the more obscure album tracks

KK? Have you seen Crue/Poison yet this summer? I am going tomorrow night. Wondering what to expect. Saw the Crue was letting the fans choose the setlist via website votong. Based on the reviews I have read, looks like nothing new or suprising.....how disappointing. Would have like to heard some of the more obscure album tracks
    Yeah Buck...

http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=67918

I thought it was a pretty damn good show. As you know I have seen both Poison and Motley many, many, maaaaaannnnnny times over the years. Motley did let the fans pick the songs, and the "surprises" were "Too Young To Fall In Love", "Smoking in the Boys Room", "Piece of Your Action", and every other show or so, "10 Seconds to Love" is in the mix. They said that they haven't played those in 20 years, except I know better!

Poison played the same set as usual, but they played tighter than they have in a long time.

Motley was really, really good. From beginning to end... Tommy Lee's drum solo was insane. Mick Mars was pretty mobile, usually he stands in one spot. Vince sounded good.

You'll have a good time!

Saw the Foo Fighters tonight. Wow, Dave Groehl is something else live. Certainly one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Thread Information