Rob Zombie
    Billy Talent

Mastodon
    Testament
    Anvil
    Volbeat
    Baptized in Blood
    Melissa Auf der Maur

whoa! what city is that in?? i haven't heard a handful of those bands (just the bolded ones) but i know a good show when i see one.. and thats a good show. how much were tickets?

Let's go Red Wings All-Star Cornholio's Avatar
    Dude what a FUCKING great line-up!!!
    Enjoy the show and bang your head!!!

I am looking forward to "The Big Four" in Germany in July!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    whoa! what city is that in?? i haven't heard a handful of those bands (just the bolded ones) but i know a good show when i see one.. and thats a good show. how much were tickets?
    It's in Toronto and tix are 135 for the weekend. It's at downsview park so there's no risk of it selling out.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    It's in Toronto and tix are 135 for the weekend. It's at downsview park so there's no risk of it selling out.
    Yup.

There's a Heavy MTL as well in Montreal that's different but loaded as well.

Montreal is :

Saturday -

Disturbed
    Godsmack
    Billy Talent
    In Flames
    Trivium
    Machine Head
    Unearth
    and more...

Sunday -

Kiss
    Motorhead
    Opeth
    Anthrax
    Children of Bodom
    As I Lay Dying
    The Sword
    DevilDriver
    and more...

Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    Surprised by two "not knows" on that list. Opeth, and even moreso Motorhead. I mean, if you watch WWE you know them(they do both of Triple H's theme songs) and the song "Ace of Spades" is one of the more well known metal songs of the last 25 years.

And if you don't know of Opeth, check them out, there may be no better metal band over the last 10 years. "Blackwater Park", "Damnation", "Deliverance", "Ghost Reveries" and "Watershed" are all absolutely incredible CD's.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Surprised by two "not knows" on that list. Opeth, and even moreso Motorhead. I mean, if you watch WWE you know them(they do both of Triple H's theme songs) and the song "Ace of Spades" is one of the more well known metal songs of the last 25 years.

And if you don't know of Opeth, check them out, there may be no better metal band over the last 10 years. "Blackwater Park", "Damnation", "Deliverance", "Ghost Reveries" and "Watershed" are all absolutely incredible CD's.
    Cool... I'll have to check out Opeth and a few more.. Both card looks pretty damn impressive. I like Toronto's more..but MTL has Godsmack, Disturbed, etc,, to make up for it ... should be a hell of time in both cities.

Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    $135 for 2 days (all day long)!! damn. sweet deal. gonna be a good time. You gotta be fully hydrated/pace yourself to make that one count.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    The Dirty Heads on April 8th, Badfish again on April 16th.

Potentially going to Bonnaroo in June. Sweet...
    Tickets for Bonnaroo now purchased for me and my gf. Whoohoo.

Let's go Red Wings All-Star Cornholio's Avatar
    I'll see the "Big Four" in July in Germany

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Tickets for Bonnaroo now purchased for me and my gf. Whoohoo.
    I don't like the silly rap acts they brought in with all the hippy jam bands. Obvious cash grab. But my favorite band in the world String Cheese Incident performs at Roo this year. Check them out while you're there if you never have.

Was at the Collie Buddz show last night...good times....lots of sexy ladies. The drummer for New Kingston was awesome.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't like the silly rap acts they brought in with all the hippy jam bands. Obvious cash grab. But my favorite band in the world String Cheese Incident performs at Roo this year. Check them out while you're there if you never have.
    Yea, there's actually not many acts that I am familiar with or like, but I'm sure I'll discover some new ones and otherwise just have a blast. SCI, G Love, NOFX and Gregg Allman are on the short list of specific ones I'm looking forward to seeing.

Yea, there's actually not many acts that I am familiar with or like, but I'm sure I'll discover some new ones and otherwise just have a blast. SCI, G Love, NOFX and Gregg Allman are on the short list of specific ones I'm looking forward to seeing.
    FWIW... checking out this year's lineup, these are the performers I'd recommend; more or less in order.

Deer Tick
    Justin Townes Earle
    The Black Keys
    Best Coast
    Iron & Wine
    Mumford & Sons
    My Morning Jacket
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Arcade Fire
    Primus
    Mavis Staples

(I could have sworn Delta Spirit was also playing Bonaroo, but they're not in the official lineup. must be Coachella or one of the others.)

Man I would love to go to Coachella or Bonaroo some day soon. Arcade Fire would be so awesome to see there.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    FWIW... checking out this year's lineup, these are the performers I'd recommend; more or less in order.

Deer Tick
    Justin Townes Earle
    The Black Keys
    Best Coast
    Iron & Wine
    Mumford & Sons
    My Morning Jacket
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Arcade Fire
    Primus
    Mavis Staples

(I could have sworn Delta Spirit was also playing Bonaroo, but they're not in the official lineup. must be Coachella or one of the others.)
    I'll offer my own list, more electronic/jam band based.

-Widespread Panic
    -String Cheese Incident
    -Girl Talk
    -Bassnectar
    -Explosions in the Sky
    -STS9
    -Ratatat
    -Pretty Lights
    -Iron and Wine

Bonaroo would be cool, but I think Coachella would be shit. All the super posers that I know have been getting all giddy about Coachella for the last month or so and I cringe with every status update I see on FB. Coachella is 'too cool' now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Bonaroo would be cool, but I think Coachella would be shit. All the super posers that I know have been getting all giddy about Coachella for the last month or so and I cringe with every status update I see on FB. Coachella is 'too cool' now IMO.
    Coachella often has some really interesting lineups, but there's no way I'm going to spend the weekend camping out in the middle of the freaking desert (or pay a fortune to stay at some crappy best western). as for the high douchebag ratio there, being so close to LA it's inevitable.

I regret saying it would be shit, the music would be cool for sure, it's the douchebag ratio that Ih8 suggested that puts me off.

Bonaroo is going to have the same high percentage of douche bags. Lil Wayne and Eminem? Thats the main reason I'm passing. I'll save that weekend vacation for a festival I know will be full of better people, like All Good, Nateva, Electric Forest, Bearcreek, Wanee, etc.

Coachella is definitely also a really bad social scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Coachella is definitely also a really bad social scene.
    Are you saying Coachella is a... Broken Social Scene?

*rimshot

Saw Dillinger Escape Plan and Deftones last night, incredible show. If anyone here likes any form of rock/metal and has never seen Deftones, they are an absolutely can't miss live show, and last night was about as good as they've ever sounded. They came out and just attacked us, they bled their first 6 songs together so there was absolutely no pause, and just left the entire building so out of breath it was amazing.

Setlist :

Diamond Eyes
    Rocket Skates
    Birthmark
    Engine No.9
    By Quiet and Drive(Far Away)
    My Own Summer(Shove It)
    (this is the first point music stopped for a second)
    Digital Bath
    Korea
    Knife Prty
    Hexagram
    Minerva
    Bloody Cape
    You've Seen The Butcher
    Sextape
    Cherry Waves
    Feiticeira
    Elite
    Change(In The House Of Flies)
    Passenger(featuring Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan, who did a remarkable job)
    Back To School(Mini Maggot)

Encore :

Root
    7 Words

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Saw Dillinger Escape Plan and Deftones last night, incredible show. If anyone here likes any form of rock/metal and has never seen Deftones, they are an absolutely can't miss live show, and last night was about as good as they've ever sounded. They came out and just attacked us, they bled their first 6 songs together so there was absolutely no pause, and just left the entire building so out of breath it was amazing.

Setlist :

Diamond Eyes
    Rocket Skates
    Birthmark
    Engine No.9
    By Quiet and Drive(Far Away)
    My Own Summer(Shove It)
    (this is the first point music stopped for a second)
    Digital Bath
    Korea
    Knife Prty
    Hexagram
    Minerva
    Bloody Cape
    You've Seen The Butcher
    Sextape
    Cherry Waves
    Feiticeira
    Elite
    Change(In The House Of Flies)
    Passenger(featuring Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan, who did a remarkable job)
    Back To School(Mini Maggot)

Encore :

Root
    7 Words
    Question Cayuga....... Was it an outdoor venue??? I saw the 'tones twice. The indoor show completely blew away the outdoor show. The outdoor venue, the sound was terrible. The indoor spot they were on point.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Got some shows on tap..........

Motley Crue/Poison/New York Dolls 3X (Hershey, PA; Camden, NJ; Holmdel, NJ)...........First of all are you kidding me...Poison and Motley Crue on the same show!!! I go to Poison everytime they play Hershey. Was trying to hit the Motley/Poison show in Charlotte, but between Poison in Hershey and an insane work schedule, Charlotte is gonna be hard to hit. The Camden show is near my backyard and the Holmdel show is close enough to possibly make it a Poison/Motley weekend.

Megadeth/Godsmack/Disturbed/Machinehead/In Flames/Trivium at Holmdel, NJ........... This show is ridiculous! Megadeth will show the others what its like to shred, but it is a solid line-up. Wonder what happened to the Gigantour...

Kid Rock at Atlantic City, NJ

Whitesnake/Tesla/Sebastian Bach/Lita Ford/Firehouse at Holmdel. Haters can hate. Whitesnake rocks...the last two albums are solid. Tesla is solid. Sebastian Bach puts on a good live show, although I prefer Skid Row with Johnny Solinger over him. LITA...... F*CK YES!!!! Firehouse. One of the few bands of that era to still enlist an original line-up! Good stuff.

..........and the BIG ONE!!!! I mean, uh.... THE BIG FOUR!!!!!!

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax at Yankee Stadium. I am going to this for historic, nostalgic reasons... It actually will be a great show. Megadeth is always on point. Anthrax is solid live. Slayer is solid live. .....and well, Metallica, as long as they limit the new tracks to 5 or less in the set, they should be solid as well. The Big Four did the overseas thing, then they did a west coast gig, now they are claiming a one-off for the east coast. I am willing to bet that this thing hits a full North American run, likely stadiums.

Awww f*ck it... I'll admit, it... Throwing this one out there too. Gonna be at Sugarland, too. My wife is all about Sugarland, and while I don't particularly care for country music, there is a lot of eye candy at country music concerts!

....and not a concert, but I will be doing the Nikki Sixx book signing as well in Philly. Was invited to do the NYC signing in tonight, but there was just no way to work it into the schedule.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Question Cayuga....... Was it an outdoor venue??? I saw the 'tones twice. The indoor show completely blew away the outdoor show. The outdoor venue, the sound was terrible. The indoor spot they were on point.
    It was indoors at Sound Academy which is a criminally underused venue in Toronto. Great building.

That said, last year I saw them outdoors at the Molson Ampitheatre with Mastodon and Alice In Chains, and they sounded exceptional. MA is a fucking incredible outdoor venue acoustically so maybe that helped, but they sounded exceptional.

Just got my tickets to the Soundgarden reunion tour, Coheed & Cambria opening for them.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Anybody in Toronto seen a show at the Rexall Centre? Curious as to what its like as a concert venue..

On that note, what is everyone here's favorite venue they've been in?

Mine is, far and beyond, Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado.

Breathtaking. The size and scope of it all really captures you when you're there.

Always wanted to go there.

Mine is The Gorge Amphitheatre in Washington. If there's one place in North America that can compete with the awe-inspiring nature of Red Rocks, it's The Gorge. Saw Ozzfest there years ago, blew my mind.

Last edited by CayugaPosse; 05-15-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Wow, comparable indeed, what a staggeringly beautiful plot of land. I'd fucking love to watch a show there.

Dear lord what a fucking view. I'm touched.

Thread Information