Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar

Concerts

Didn't find a thread on this topic after searching, but if I missed it, feel free to merge.

Concerts - what's coming up that you're going to? What have you just seen?

I went to Michael Franti & Spearhead on Friday night. Good stuff. Just started listening to him a few months ago and seeing him live will have me hooked for a while.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I'm heading to U2 this summer after the show was postponed in Toronto last summer due to Bono's back surgery.

They just announced edgefest this morning so I'll be picking up my tickets during the presale on Wednesday. Lineup seems pretty damn solid.
    http://www.edge.ca/ConcertsandEvents...istLineUp.aspx

This Saturday night I am going to see Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed all in the same show!

Quote Originally Posted by soty View Post
    This Saturday night I am going to see Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed all in the same show!
    Yea, they came through here this weekend, too. Thought about it, but passed. A few years ago and I probably would have gone.

going to what looks like a dive bar in long beach thurs night to see my current favorite band, Lucero, play. i've seen them before, but not in such a tiny venue (150-200 people). should be a blast.

Senior Member All-Star Gern Blansten's Avatar
    Mike Watt (Minuteman fame)
    Ice Cube
    Chris Cornell
    Pixies

In the next few months, I'll be seeing the above shows. While I'm not really into Cube, I think it would be a fun resume show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gern Blansten View Post
    Mike Watt (Minuteman fame)
    Is Watt still doing his avant-garde stuff? I heard some of the music from the 'Floored by Four' project he did with Nels Cline and it was a little too out there for me... still a legend; would enjoy seeing him if it was a rock show.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    Didn't find a thread on this topic after searching, but if I missed it, feel free to merge.

Concerts - what's coming up that you're going to? What have you just seen?

I went to Michael Franti & Spearhead on Friday night. Good stuff. Just started listening to him a few months ago and seeing him live will have me hooked for a while.
    Sweet!! I posted a song or two of his/theirs in the song of the day thread a while back

(edit: here they are)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOWTM5R2DA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - television the drug of the nation [/ame]
    (when I first heard Franti in the early 90's)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3BfbNNl9tI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Spearhead - People in the Middle[/ame]
    (my fav song of his...specifically with this chica)
    Last edited by b_illin; 01-24-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Gern Blansten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Is Watt still doing his avant-garde stuff? I heard some of the music from the 'Floored by Four' project he did with Nels Cline and it was a little too out there for me... still a legend; would enjoy seeing him if it was a rock show.

Not really sure. First saw him with fIREHOSE in the '80 and then his solo stuff in the mid/late '90s. Kind of lost track of him in the new century. Guess I'd best check that out before trotting down to First Ave. Thanks for the heads up.

Ohhh, if they'd only stay the same as the first few times you saw them.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Got a few things coming up...

Bon Jovi
    Skid Row

Word is that US dates for the Big Four Tour (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax) is going to be released Tuesday, January 25th. I'll likely be at this as well...

I am sure there will be plenty that will be included on this list as days roll by.
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar
    Metallica is the last (and only) concert I've been to. November 2009 in Grand Rapids

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Got a couple on the go...

Deftones in May.
    Edgefest.
    Symphony X/Nevermore/Soilwork

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Got a couple on the go...

Deftones in May.
    Edgefest.
    Symphony X/Nevermore/Soilwork
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

Quote Originally Posted by nyrblue2 View Post
    Yea, they came through here this weekend, too. Thought about it, but passed. A few years ago and I probably would have gone.
    Yeah I couldn't pass this one up. Should be a good one.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My thoughts exactly.

Full lineup is :

Blackguard
    Powerglove
    Soilwork
    Nevermore
    Symphony X

Powerglove is pretty cool.... I like their metalized video game songs!!!

Let's go Red Wings All-Star Cornholio's Avatar
    In Europe, the billing is:
    Nevermore
    Symphony X
    Psychotic Waltz
    Mercenary
    Thaurorod

They'll be here in march, can't wait!

And this summer, I'll see Roxette, Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi...
    Not quite my style regularly, but they all were all over the radio & MTV when I first came in touch with music in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    In Europe, the billing is:
    Nevermore
    Symphony X
    Psychotic Waltz
    Mercenary
    Thaurorod

They'll be here in march, can't wait!

And this summer, I'll see Roxette, Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi...
    Not quite my style regularly, but they all were all over the radio & MTV when I first came in touch with music in the early 90's.
    Wow..... Roxette!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! Hahahah... I can handle the Jove and Bryan Adams... Damn, what was that one Roxette song that was on ALLLLLLLL the time.

Wow..... Roxette!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! Hahahah... I can handle the Jove and Bryan Adams... Damn, what was that one Roxette song that was on ALLLLLLLL the time.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVI7ZNiFlI"]YouTube - Roxette - The Look[/ame]

indeed, it was on ALLLLLLLL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    going to what looks like a dive bar in long beach thurs night to see my current favorite band, Lucero, play. i've seen them before, but not in such a tiny venue (150-200 people). should be a blast.
    this lived up to my hopes big time. ears still buzzing, head still throbbing, throat sore. Lucero puts on a great show, and the tiny venue was perfect for the rowdy crowd.

It was actually not a dive bar at all - Alex's Bar in long beach is apparently there they shoot the Fangtasia scenes in True Blood (never seen the show). it was also the bar used for the Tenacious D movie. Anyway, cool place, cheap drinks, great beer menu (where they proudly don't offer Bud/Bud Light). I think I shall be returning.

Tonight for me: Kid Rock w/Jamey Johnson from the 10th row!

Just got back from Disturbed, Korn and Sevedust show. It was a great time. I went with a friend who had never been to a concert before so needless to say it was fun. I had to show him what the floor was all about and he did good with it and said he would be back so mission accomplished lol. Disturbed didn't close on this night it was Korn's turn which kind of sucked, but while they were on the rocked out hard. The floor was moving the entire time Disturbed was playing. Sevendust should have played longer too the energy they bring is through the roof. Would have loved to see a longer set by them. Korn played some of their old stuff, but overall could have done without most of it. I had seen the them at a show I worked at and the pretty much played the same set and their energy level is not what it once was. The opener was a group called In This Moment. Never heard of them, music was OK, but singer (female) was pretty annoying. Had a really irritating voice and could hardly understand her. All in all great show and if they come to your area I recommend checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by soty View Post
    Just got back from Disturbed, Korn and Sevedust show. It was a great time. I went with a friend who had never been to a concert before so needless to say it was fun. I had to show him what the floor was all about and he did good with it and said he would be back so mission accomplished lol. Disturbed didn't close on this night it was Korn's turn which kind of sucked, but while they were on the rocked out hard. The floor was moving the entire time Disturbed was playing. Sevendust should have played longer too the energy they bring is through the roof. Would have loved to see a longer set by them. Korn played some of their old stuff, but overall could have done without most of it. I had seen the them at a show I worked at and the pretty much played the same set and their energy level is not what it once was. The opener was a group called In This Moment. Never heard of them, music was OK, but singer (female) was pretty annoying. Had a really irritating voice and could hardly understand her. All in all great show and if they come to your area I recommend checking it out.

In This Moment are actually pretty talented musically... But I agree the chick can get annoying after a few songs. Sevendust always puts on a tight show filled with incredible energy. I love Disturbed. It depends on where they play though... For some reason, every time I saw them at an outdoor venue, the sound was off... but when I see them inside, the place explodes. Korn. Another I agree... I've seen them plenty. They don't have the energy they once had. That tour...I might have liked the billing to be In This Moment, Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust closing...but that would never happen with K & D on the tour.

In This Moment are actually pretty talented musically... But I agree the chick can get annoying after a few songs. Sevendust always puts on a tight show filled with incredible energy. I love Disturbed. It depends on where they play though... For some reason, every time I saw them at an outdoor venue, the sound was off... but when I see them inside, the place explodes. Korn. Another I agree... I've seen them plenty. They don't have the energy they once had. That tour...I might have liked the billing to be In This Moment, Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust closing...but that would never happen with K & D on the tour.
    Yeah the best possible show would have been Disturbed and Sevendust. They were the ones that got the crowd going and really know how to put on a good show!

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    U2 is coming to Moncton this year (I'm in Halifax). Not a huge fan but heard the show is awesome.

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Senior Member First Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy19 View Post
    U2 is coming to Moncton this year (I'm in Halifax). Not a huge fan but heard the show is awesome.
    Arcade Fire playing at that show, too. I'm going to be in NS not far from Moncton when the show's on, and have always kicked myself for turning down a ticket to the Zooropa tour. Might go, though the days when I thought it would be fun to deal with a crowd of 70K people are well behind me...
    --------------------------------

MalkovichMalkovichMalk... All-Star Andrew1125's Avatar
    Saw Finger Eleven at a small venue last week, pretty damn good show (I've seen them once before and didn't enjoy it at all). I really wanted to make it out to one of the larger festivals in the States this year (Coachella looks pants-shittingly good) but it seems like most of these shows are during final exams

The Dirty Heads on April 8th, Badfish again on April 16th.

Potentially going to Bonnaroo in June. Sweet...

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Electric Forest 2011.

Thread Information