Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1825
  1. #31
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Just got home. This game looks like it has sucked a whole lot of balls. Unless your a Pats fan, of course, but blowouts are sooo boring.

    Are the Pats this good or are the Jets this bad ?

    Wow.

    Just wow.



  2. #32
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Just got home. This game looks like it has sucked a whole lot of balls. Unless your a Pats fan, of course, but blowouts are sooo boring.

    Are the Pats this good or are the Jets this bad ?

    Wow.

    Just wow.
    Mix of both. Jets were awful (they have been for a numerous amount of weeks now) and the Pats were great on offense (they have been for a numerous amount of weeks now).



  3. #33
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,747
    Just goes to show that barely beating mediocre teams week after week makes you a paper 9-2 team. By no means are they bad but they aren't nearly as good as their record. I think that the only team that they beat with a winning record now is the Pats in week 2. Doesn't bode well with the upcoming schedule.


  4. #34
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Major drag! I was expecting a lot more out of this one. Sanchez must have been hanging out with Peyton Manning earlier in the day!

    Oh well. Another week in the books and another step closer to putting together the pieces of our upcoming playoff puzzle.



  5. #35
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    In other news. McClain and Ngata were issued fines by the NFL. Still can't believe there wasn't a single flag thrown on either of these plays. I am less drunk but still irritated.

    Where do these guys come up with their numbers? Harrison got popped for 75K for a hit on a WR earlier in the year but McClain only gets tagged for 40k. Ngata busts a nose after a hit to the face of the oh so coveted QB and only gets 15k. I am not complaining I just don't get it. Do they just pull a piece of paper with a number on it from out of a bag and call it a day or what ?

    Also, where does this money actually go anyway ?


    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ens-mcclainhit

    The NFL has fined Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain(notes) $40,000 for his helmet hit that left Steelers tight end Heath Miller(notes) with a concussion.

    Ravens nose tackle Haloti Ngata(notes) was fined $15,000 for hitting Ben Roethlisberger’s(notes) helmet and breaking the Pittsburgh quarterback’s nose. Ngata’s left hand raked across the quarterback’s face during Pittsburgh’s first offensive series.



  6. #36
    Washed Up All-Star Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,879
    NFL has fined Suh $15K for shoving Cutler.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM"]YouTube - Suh's Forearm Punch to Cutler[/ame]

    The call was terrible anyways and now the league is doubling down on stupid with the added fine.

    This league is as shitty as the NHL was pre-lockout. I hope during the lockout next season they find a way to fix the rules like the NHL did.




  7. #37
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,747
    That was a shit call.


  8. #38
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,670
    Nonsense call. Man is Suh sure strong.

  9. #39
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Unbelievable. This is beyond ridiculous.



  10. #40
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Man is Suh sure strong.
    Try saying that 10 times fast.


  11. #41
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Oh man that botched kick at the end of the Skins/Bucs game.. horrible way to end a game if you are Wash.



  12. #42
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Cassel down, ouch.

  13. #43
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Cassel down, ouch.
    Yeah, appendectomy's, such a bitch.

    He'll be back next week, buddy.



  14. #44
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Yeah, appendectomy's, such a bitch.

    He'll be back next week, buddy.
    Sucks to happen this game though, would've been nice to send a message to the Chargers and pad the division lead. Makes the offense pretty one-dimensional now.

    Anyways, Pats are dominating the Bears right now, this offense is unbelievable.

  15. #45
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Brady and that offense are unreal. That hippie needs to cut his hair!

    Speaking of QB, will Roethlisberger ever get a flag for an illegal or a late hit? Esp the ones he is taking to his big fat head? He is taking them BAD this year and yet they never seem to get called. Yet if our defensive monsters even breathe in the wrong direction toward an opposing QB it's flagged and often fined. The entire situation is perplexing, to say the least.

    Go Houston!
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 12-13-2010 at 03:37 PM.



  16. #46
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Brady and that offense are unreal. That hippie needs to cut his hair!

    Speaking of QB, will Roethlisberger ever get a flag for an illegal or a late hit? Esp the ones he is taking to his big fat head? He is taking them BAD this year and yet they never seem to get called. Yet if our defensive monsters even breathe in the wrong direction toward an opposing QB it's flagged and often fined. The entire situation is perplexing, to say the least.

    Go Houston!
    haha, no way !! keep what's working.

  17. #47
    Administrator All-Star heliosj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Speaking of QB, will Roethlisberger ever get a flag for an illegal or a late hit? Esp the ones he is taking to his big fat head? He is taking them BAD this year and yet they never seem to get called. Yet if our defensive monsters even breathe in the wrong direction toward an opposing QB it's flagged and often fined. The entire situation is perplexing, to say the least.



    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

  18. #48
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post



    jerk

    You can't tell me that the entire NFL and their inconsistent "oh we have to protect the QB at all costs" bullshit is just that, a bunch of bullshit.

    The calls on the late/illegal hits, the fines, it has all been an inconsistent mess all around the league this season. The more often I see Ben getting roughed up after the play or taking another uncalled hit to the helmet, the more irritated I get. Esp. considering the fact that James Harrison would be hung by the balls and crucified 10x over if/when he does some of those same things to another QB like a Brady or Manning of the league. The double standard is just annoying the piss out of me/us. If you're gonna make rules to protect the QB, protect them ALL.



  19. #49
    Administrator All-Star heliosj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    jerk
    Yes. Hi, I'm Jeff - we already know each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    You can't tell me that the entire NFL and their inconsistent "oh we have to protect the QB at all costs" bullshit is just that, a bunch of bullshit.

    The calls on the late/illegal hits, the fines, it has all been an inconsistent mess all around the league this season. The more often I see Ben getting roughed up after the play or taking another uncalled hit to the helmet, the more irritated I get. Esp. considering the fact that James Harrison would be hung by the balls and crucified 10x over if/when he does some of those same things to another QB like a Brady or Manning of the league. The double standard is just annoying the piss out of me/us. If you're gonna make rules to protect the QB, protect them ALL.
    Eh. I don't buy it. Ben isn't getting any more non-calls than the next QB. It's all subjective as hell, there are some officiating crews that are just simply Nazis and others who are not. I think it all works out more or less as a wash -- bad calls are part of the game too. Heck, wasn't it your Steelers who stole one several games back? :P </cliches>
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

  20. #50
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    You know, coincidentally I am watching NFL network right now.. Apparently Reid and the Eagles are complaining about some of the hits that Vick is taking as well. Comparing him to Brady or Manning.. and talking about how guys like Vick aren't treated the same as your more elite franchise guys. I know I probably sound like a whiny Steelers fan but I really think there is a double standard here that is hard for me to ignore.



  21. #51
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Brady and that offense are unreal. That hippie needs to cut his hair!

    Speaking of QB, will Roethlisberger ever get a flag for an illegal or a late hit? Esp the ones he is taking to his big fat head? He is taking them BAD this year and yet they never seem to get called. Yet if our defensive monsters even breathe in the wrong direction toward an opposing QB it's flagged and often fined. The entire situation is perplexing, to say the least.

    Go Houston!
    Seriously. While he is mega douche off the field, Big Ben is a real deal football player. Watching him get up and again and again after getting rocked makes me respect the on-field Big Ben even more. (note this twofour, I can critique a dude off the field/ice and still respect them on it...a la Phaneuf! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yes. Hi, I'm Jeff - we already know each other.

    Eh. I don't buy it. Ben isn't getting any more non-calls than the next QB. It's all subjective as hell, there are some officiating crews that are just simply Nazis and others who are not. I think it all works out more or less as a wash -- bad calls are part of the game too. Heck, wasn't it your Steelers who stole one several games back? :P </cliches>
    Dude, you need to watch some Steelers highlights! He has been getting mauled the last 2-3 weeks in particular and there have been no calls...but fines afterwards. Did you see his nose last week??
    Last edited by b_illin; 12-13-2010 at 04:41 PM.

  22. #52
    Administrator All-Star heliosj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    You know, coincidentally I am watching NFL network right now.. Apparently Reid and the Eagles are complaining about some of the hits that Vick is taking as well. Comparing him to Brady or Manning.. and talking about how guys like Vick aren't treated the same as your more elite franchise guys. I know I probably sound like a whiny Steelers fan but I really think there is a double standard here that is hard for me to ignore.
    I'll keep an eye out for it, just doesn't feel that way to me. And if you don't call it against Peyton, he'll pout the rest of the game.. :P Maybe Ben & Vick should just cry about it a lot more.
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

  23. #53
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,544
    Sounds like Favre's streak is coming to an end tonight, but I will believe when I see it with him.

  24. #54
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Favre looked like a little bitch pouting on the sidelines...you could literally see his thought process! ('no way, Tavaris threw a pick...I should be in there!' eyes rolling to the side)

    I hate you Brett!

  25. #55
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,544
    If P. Manning can stay healthy, (and does not retire in the next six years) he will break Favre's games played streak week 10 of 2016.

  26. #56
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914



  27. #57
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    If P. Manning can stay healthy, (and does not retire in the next six years) he will break Favre's games played streak week 10 of 2016.
    Wow. Let's talk in 6 years, k?

    Seriously. Huge streak/accomplishment. Mad respect. May never be matched, but I still wanted to puke the other night while watching to NFL network etc all over Brett's nuts.



  28. #58
    King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Age
    46
    Posts
    43,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Wow. Let's talk in 6 years, k?

    Seriously. Huge streak/accomplishment. Mad respect. May never be matched, but I still wanted to puke the other night while watching to NFL network etc all over Brett's nuts.
    Don't forget the long ass interview ESPN aired on SportsCenter last night.


  29. #59
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Amen!

    Is Ben Roethlisberger the toughest quarterback in the NFL?

    yes

    97.8%

    no

    2.2%

    Total votes: 1,425

  30. #60
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Wow. Let's talk in 6 years, k?
    haha, I heard that on one of the NFL shows this week, they where going through a bunch of sats like that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •