Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar

Random NFL chatter

I didn't know where else to post this but I am so excited I had to put it somewhere!

Back to back prime time heavyweight showdowns. It's got to be pretty rare that this happens? Good work by the NFL on scheduling this one.

8-3 tied for division lead Steelers & Ravens on SNF

9-2 tied for division lead Pats & Jets on MNF

If things continue as is, tie breakers and ultimately division titles at stake here, no?

The winner of these two games could very well end up with the top two seeds in the AFC.

Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 12-03-2010 at 12:34 AM.

I can't wait to watch these two games, they should be fun. I'm picking the Ravens (sorry Sponge) with The Rapist supporting a broken foot and the Pats since I don't think the Jets have been playing well enough to keep up with the Pats as of late.

Senior Member First Liner rico3994's Avatar
    I was looking for a thread to post this in, so I'm glad you started it.

Sunday and Monday night are going to be GREAT, can't wait. Plus a little Thursday night football never hurts.

$$$ Football League

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    9-3 tied for division lead Pats & Jets on MNF
    9-2. Get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    9-2. Get it right.
    oops

wtf is up with Ben's foot anyway. Steelers release --

In response to inquiries about Ben Roethlisberger having a broken foot, Steelers spokesperson Dave Lockett said there is no new fracture in Benís foot. Benís current injury is an aggravation of an old injury where scar tissue is present.

Wow McCoy had a big night tonight. Vick got pounded but still made some big plays. Good win for them tonight. Anyone think the Eagles are a legitimate post season threat in the NFC this year ?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Wow McCoy had a big night tonight. Vick got pounded but still made some big plays. Good win for them tonight. Anyone think the Eagles are a legitimate post season threat in the NFC this year ?
    Does anyone NOT think that? I'm not calling them THE SB favorites but they absolutely have to be a legitimate threat by any standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    They have to be considered 1 of the best chances to represent the NFC at this point. They have so much speed on offense and more playmakers than anyone on offense. Vick's athleticism covers the deficiencies of the OL. As long as their defense can play OK, they are a legitimate threat.

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    The Eagles are my pick to lose in the SB to whoever wins the AFC this year.

I think the Falcons are the favorites right now, especially because they are in prime position for home field throughout. Matty Ice is absolutely unstoppable in the Georgia Dome and I think they match up well with the Falcons. Wouldn't that be a hell of an NFC championship game? Vick's Eagles coming back to Atlanta to take on the Falcons for a shot at the Superbowl.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I agree that right now the team to beat in the NFC is Atlanta.

Cant wait for this weekends games, the two primetime games this weekend are going to be fun to watch.

Yeah both games are going to be really awesome. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about Monday night. It's going to be extremely tough going into Foxboro and coming away with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Yeah both games are going to be really awesome. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about Monday night. It's going to be extremely tough going into Foxboro and coming away with a win.
    I think anyone who is a Jets/Pats fan would agree, I know I do.

I know we dont agree on alot when it comes to the Jets and Pats, but I think we can agree on this, may the best team win, it should be one heck of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I think anyone who is a Jets/Pats fan would agree, I know I do.

I know we dont agree on alot when it comes to the Jets and Pats, but I think we can agree on this, may the best team win, it should be one heck of a game.
    Definitely. As much shit I talk about the Pats, it's for obvious reasons. They have what I want. Plain and simple, really.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I think the Falcons are the favorites right now, especially because they are in prime position for home field throughout. Matty Ice is absolutely unstoppable in the Georgia Dome and I think they match up well with the Falcons. Wouldn't that be a hell of an NFC championship game? Vick's Eagles coming back to Atlanta to take on the Falcons for a shot at the Superbowl.
    I think the Falcon's record has flattered them. They very easily could be 6-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think the Falcon's record has flattered them. They very easily could be 6-5.
    Alot of teams could say the same thing with their records though. Falcons are a bit unconvincing on the road but if they land the home field spot, I can't see anyone else being called the favorite. Matt Ryan just doesn't lose at home. They play awesome there.

Senior Member First Liner
    Hell of a game between Atlanta and TB. Atlanta just sealed it with a pick. Great game by Grimes.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    My Chiefs keep rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan1 View Post
    Hell of a game between Atlanta and TB. Atlanta just sealed it with a pick. Great game by Grimes.
    Meh. I guess I should just accept the Bucs just aren't there yet. I had myself half convinced that they were going to win this one and be within a game of a serious playoff shot. It's not over, but with the upcoming schedule.. it's over. If you had told me they'd go .500 (which is probable) at the start of the season, I probably would have laughed at you. Small victories, I guess.

Young team, lots of skill, they'll be a force to contend with in upcoming seasons.

Edit: Sponge, we've needed a general NFL thread for awhile now.
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

P. Manning with another 4 INT's today, that's 11 INT's for him in the last three weeks.

I'm loving Freeman and Blount for T-Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I'm loving Freeman and Blount for T-Bay.
    They're an excellent pairing. Morris was really smart to give Blount a second chance. I know he's getting up there in years, but I hope Ronde Barber comes back for one last season, next year could be a real run for them.. he'd be nice to see a Buc actually get two rings.

WHAT THE FUCK REFS, YEAH!?

Seriously. No flag on the Miller hit? No flag when Ben gets punched in the fucking mouth so hard that his nose turns as crooked as he is ? What if that were Brady or Manning, huh ?

Harrison would be CRUCIFIED for either infraction. The flag would have been out before the hits even fucking happened!

I am seriously getting pissed.

Hardly game breakers here but w t m f f ?

Fuck you NFL. Fuck you hard.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 12-05-2010 at 10:46 PM.

OH NASTY!

Polamalu again with a game breaker

What a mother fucking football game. Great stuff despite some horrible work by the zebras and a bit of horrible play calling by Bruce Arians. Good as we could have hoped for though, really. Typical Ravens/Steelers brawl where defense is the word. Playoff atmosphere out there tonight. Big win in hopes of winning the AFC North and perhaps catching that 2nd seed and first round bye.

9-3 is nice. Fuck yeah. Always a good feeling when the Steelers beat the Ravens.

Can't wait for an equally intense divisional battle tomorrow night with Jets and Pats.

Money on the Pats at home.

Steelers and Jets got a game coming up too. Holmes to face his old team. That should be a great game as well.

God I love me some football.
    Last edited by Sponge Bong Beer Pants; 12-06-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants
    Fuck you NFL. Fuck you hard.

God I love me some football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Lol. It's an abusive relationship.

We took a little nap after that one.. woke up just now around 4am and I am still drunk hahaha.

Good times.

Current standings in the NFC:

1. Atlanta 10-2
    2. Chicago 9-3
    3. Philly 8-4
    4. St.Louis 6-6
    5. New Orleans 9-3
    6. NY Giants 8-4
    7. Green Bay 8-4
    8. Tampa Bay 7-5

Now what is wrong with that picture? I think the divsion winner should get a play-off spot, if not why have divisions. But why should a team like St. Louis automatically get a home play-off game?

Don Meredith, an all-pro quarterback who made his greatest impact on the game after he finished playing, died Sunday at a Santa Fe, New Mexico, hospital, according to a spokesman. He was 72.

The spokesman was unable to confirm the cause of death.

Meredith, nicknamed "Dandy Don," was part of the original Monday Night Football broadcast team when the program debuted on ABC in 1970.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/06...h-dies/?hpt=T2

Edit: Fucking MNF is going to be insufferable tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan1 View Post
    Current standings in the NFC:

1. Atlanta 10-2
    2. Chicago 9-3
    3. Philly 8-4
    4. St.Louis 6-6
    5. New Orleans 9-3
    6. NY Giants 8-4
    7. Green Bay 8-4
    8. Tampa Bay 7-5

Now what is wrong with that picture? I think the divsion winner should get a play-off spot, if not why have divisions. But why should a team like St. Louis automatically get a home play-off game?
    Because they won their division and the WC did not. I would expect that to be discussed this offseason, especially if the NFC West winner has a .500 or worse record. I can see it both ways but would have no issue if they just guaranteed a playoff spot to the division winners and then seeded them according to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Because they won their division and the WC did not. I would expect that to be discussed this offseason, especially if the NFC West winner has a .500 or worse record. I can see it both ways but would have no issue if they just guaranteed a playoff spot to the division winners and then seeded them according to record.
    I understand the current rules, just hoping this situation brings a rule change in the upcoming turbulent offseason.

Enjoy the battle tonight boys! Because that is what it will be. Let's see if it can top last night's slug fest.

I will be secretly pulling for the Jets.

Thread Information