Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboard View Post
    Really? The chubby one? I'd go with either of these two:
    Not a fan of the top one (can't remember her character or real name) but Minka Kelly is definitely up there with Aimee Teegarden (not sure how you'd consider her chubby).

Really? The chubby one? I'd go with either of these two:

I watch a disgusting amount of television and have seen pretty much anything worth seeing. A few simple rules I find for watching good television is to try to avoid watching anything with a laugh track because it feels so contrived, and, more importantly, any show that you can tell has a story line that only exists to keep the show going is likely shitty (24, Big Love).

I just finished Mad Men season 4 and can safely say it jumped the shark when...

You could make a case it happened before that, but you really see the sharp drop after that.

Anyway, some must watch television that I think I have named before:
    Battlestar Galactica: I hate space shows but this one has some fantastic themes.
    Arrested Development: Before the last season.
    Batman The Animated Series: Before the last season.
    Becker: You can see why Ted Danson was on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Better Off Ted: Only seen the first season but very promising. Imagine Don Draper in a comedy.
    Breaking Bad: I like every scene that doesn't involve family or how much Walter protects Jesse.
    Californication: Pimp.
    Columbo: A fucking classic and a shame everyone these days grows up on the garbage that is CSI.
    Curb Your Enthusiasm: Favourite show ever.
    Dead Like Me: I haven't seen this in years but remember it being smart.
    Deadwood: Bad ass.
    Extras: Gervais always impresses.
    Futurama: I haven't seen any of the new stuff but the old stuff is golden and makes a lot more sense than the stupidity that is Family Guy.
    Gary Unmarried: One of the only shows that pulls off the family comedy sitcom with unapologetic relationship banter that hits home with both sides, a must watch for people in relationships.
    Intelligence: A very smart Canadian show, like The Wire.
    Mad Men: I want to be Don Draper.
    Oz: I can understand people not loving this show but it's got some great, great characters and storylines.
    Psych: First few seasons are pretty good but his schtick gets pretty brutal after a while.
    Rescue Me: I think it went sour around the fourth season, haven't had a chance to watch the new season but I have my doubts it returns to its previous glory.
    Rome: Amazing.
    Scrubs: Just don't watch season nine. Ever.
    Six Feet Under: I stopped caring about the characters after the second season, but the show is very solid.
    Larry Sanders Show: Solid show, great dry humour, and Rip Torn is awesome.
    The Shield: Top 3 shows of all-time and one of the best finishes to a series ever.
    The Wire: Also in my top 3 along with everyone else on the planet, I think.
    Trailer Park Boys: First few seasons are fantastic. Propane, propane.
    Wonder Showzen: The best kind of fucked up there is.

Currently working through Nurse Jackie, Pacific, Rules of Engagement, and Studio 60 on Sunset Strip.
    Better Off Ted is hilarious.

PS: Laila/Minka Kelly ftw!

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Good call on Californication, I like that show.

I love Rescue Me, great show.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-06-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    Check out An Idiot Abroad. I'm sure you will like it
    I certainly will.

Quote Originally Posted by HABS_FrEaK View Post
    There was no season nine if you ask me, just a spin off gone wrong. Plus the last episode of season 8 was called ''My Finale''.

The series definitely had it's ups and downs but the first 3 seasons were amazing, some of my favorite tv ever. The rest of the series became a bit hit or miss but I still enjoyed it. The finale was really well done, perfect ending.
    A spin off using all the original cast done in exactly the same way... it was a lame money grab.

You might like Psych, it's got that same kind of chemistry as Turk and Dorian.

Senior Member All-Star HABS_FrEaK's Avatar
    The creator still saw it as a spin off, they even added a small ''med school'' at the bottom of the intro scene when it said ''Scrubs''. Problem is the network wanted it to keep the name scrubs, anyway point is it sucked lol

Never actually watched Psych, I'll have to check it out

Do yourselves a favour and watch Community tonight (or online) - it really is the best/funniest show you don't watch.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...e-not-watching

I thought everyone and their mom knew about Community already.

Big Love is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. How this shit has gone on for four season is beyond me.

I am really quite impressed with Studio 60 on Sunset Strip. It's like if The Larry Sanders Show and 30 Rock had a love child.

I thought everyone and their mom knew about Community already.

Big Love is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. How this shit has gone on for four season is beyond me.

I am really quite impressed with Studio 60 on Sunset Strip. It's like if The Larry Sanders Show and 30 Rock had a love child.
    by everyone do you mean you and me?

It's on NBC, trust me, everyone who knows anything about television knows about it.

Also, the second season is pretty awful.

Anyone watching Top Chef: All Stars?

for kam....
    Last edited by ih8music; 12-09-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Spoiler tag?

Spoiler tag?
    seriously? I guess so... didn't think TC was quite in that category of show to warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    seriously? I guess so... didn't think TC was quite in that category of show to warrant.
    It's an elimination show, the only kind of shows that really warrant it, I think.

It's an elimination show, the only kind of shows that really warrant it, I think.
    I suppose for the show finale it makes sense, but this is just week 2. regardless, I added it.

I think spoilers are warranted when discussing major plot twists and hypothetical outcomes. "OMG I can't believe they killed XXX. How is this going to affect Dexter?"

For a reality/contest show like TC, you see things evolve during the episode so it's usually not much of a surprise when someone is eliminated/voted out.

I think the death of a character is as important as the elimination of a contestant, regardless of what week it's in. I mean they really are the exact same thing.

Plus, if you think no one cares, why you posting about it in the first place?

now that's just crazy talk...

Community has pretty bad ratings if im not mistaken so it's not that well known despite it being on NBC. Also season 2 sucks? Really? it's one of the best comedies on tv, the best of the thursday NBC line up right now if you ask me.

The best comedy on network tv right now is Modern Family though, never disapoints. I'd probably rank Community 2nd.

Community has pretty bad ratings if im not mistaken so it's not that well known despite it being on NBC. Also season 2 sucks? Really? it's one of the best comedies on tv, the best of the thursday NBC line up right now if you ask me.

The best comedy on network tv right now is Modern Family though, never disapoints. I'd probably rank Community 2nd.
    Season two is complete garbage. The worst episode from season one is better than every episode from this season. I knew it would be bad because it really doesn't make sense for all these characters to still be together considering it's a community college but this is worse than I could have thought.

I've enjoyed this season. I wish there was more Senor Chang though!

Actually I'll give you the last episode, wasn't that great. But to say the season is garbage is absurd. You can say you prefer season one, which is fine, but season 2 is far from garbage. Unless you mean compared to last year, but on it's own its still great. Not saying that I agree that season 2 is that much worst but I could understand what youre saying there.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I've enjoyed this season. I wish there was more Senor Chang though!
    What a fucking joke they made of his character. It wouldn't surprise me if there were new writers this season or something.

Actually I'll give you the last episode, wasn't that great. But to say the season is garbage is absurd. You can say you prefer season one, which is fine, but season 2 is far from garbage. Unless you mean compared to last year, but on it's own its still great. Not saying that I agree that season 2 is that much worst but I could understand what youre saying there.
    No, I mean compared to good television. It is not good television. Characters have no growth anymore, they are just re-hashing the same stuff from the first season and the stuff they are adding aren't funny or seem to go anywhere. I made the reference in the previous post, another one is Pierce in a wheelchair that he operates with his mouth. Oh, the comedic gold.

There is a lot of good television on, season two of Community doesn't come close to qualifying.

Well I disagree, easily a top 5 comedy right now.

What a fucking joke they made of his character. It wouldn't surprise me if there were new writers this season or something.

No, I mean compared to good television. It is not good television. Characters have no growth anymore, they are just re-hashing the same stuff from the first season and the stuff they are adding aren't funny or seem to go anywhere
    . I made the reference in the previous post, another one is Pierce in a wheelchair that he operates with his mouth. Oh, the comedic gold.

There is a lot of good television on, season two of Community doesn't come close to qualifying.
    But I think that's the point - the characters are used to deliver pop culture jokes/quips. Let them grow to the point where we know who they are and what to expect, then the writers do insert those pop culture jokes with whichever character they think should deliver it.

Besides, how much growth can you really expect in a half hour comedy with so many characters.

(I have a feeling they changed Senor Chang's character because Ken Jeong is hot these days and probably doesn't have the time to be on the show as much as last year)

Well I disagree, easily a top 5 comedy right now.
    Name the other 4.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    But I think that's the point - the characters are used to deliver pop culture jokes/quips. Let them grow to the point where we know who they are and what to expect, then the writers do insert those pop culture jokes with whichever character they think should deliver it.

Besides, how much growth can you really expect in a half hour comedy with so many characters.

(I have a feeling they changed Senor Chang's character because Ken Jeong is hot these days and probably doesn't have the time to be on the show as much as last year)
    You don't need growth if you've already established characters. 30 Rock, Lemon still grows with each season. The problem with Community is they keep the core together without any growth and any new character introduced lasts an episode or two. I don't know, it was a great first season but like Arrested Development, there's only so many times you can go to the same well.

Well off the top of my head i would say Modern Family is at the top for me this year. After that the League has been solid, it's always sunny isn't what it use to be but still among the top and after that nothing stands out right now. I have a lot of other comedies I like to watch but they would be the top 4 I think. I absolutely LOVED Parks and Rec last year so I have high hopes for that too when it comes back.

I may be forgeting some right now though

Parks and Recreation? Are you serious? What a sack of shit show that was.

You need to watch better comedies. I know it's personal taste and all that, but seriously, that's fucked up. Parks and Recreation... unbelievable.

You need to watch better comedies. I know it's personal taste and all that, but seriously, that's fucked up. Parks and Recreation... unbelievable.
    Did you stop watching? I really didn't like that show at first but it got way better with time.

I almost gave up after the first season but it just got better and better in season 2, off the top of my head the hunting trip episode was really fucking good.

I almost gave up after the first season but it just got better and better in season 2, off the top of my head the hunting trip episode was really fucking good.
    Yeah, Parks and Rec from hunting episode onwards was actually pretty funny.

And keyboard is right, Community this season sucks other than the zombie episode which i enjoyed.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I know it's personal taste
    That's it right there. Completely personal taste. I like shows and movies that no one else around me gets into. Surprised me at first but I got over it.

Parks and Rec had it's funny moments.

You need to stop being the TV nazi!

Thread Information