Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Am I the only one who has become kind of disinterested in regards to The Walking Dead? It's the same scenario almost every episode- somebody gets separated from the group at the start of the episode, the group gets in serious trouble and then the missing character comes back against all odds and saves the day. Also, I don't understand why they are hiding in trunks and whatnot when Michonne already showed them how to become invisible and blend in with the walkers. It's kind of becoming like Dexter to me, I can watch the first two episodes and last episode of the season and fill in the blanks.
    Dude, I fucking HATED the season premier of WD! And I googled reviews praying everyone saw the bullshit I saw, and yet all the critics are calling it one of the best episodes yet. WTF?

People really will suck that show's dick beyond all reason!

Last edited by Kyle; 02-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Am I the only one who has become kind of disinterested in regards to The Walking Dead? It's the same scenario almost every episode- somebody gets separated from the group at the start of the episode, the group gets in serious trouble and then the missing character comes back against all odds and saves the day. Also, I don't understand why they are hiding in trunks and whatnot when Michonne already showed them how to become invisible and blend in with the walkers. It's kind of becoming like Dexter to me, I can watch the first two episodes and last episode of the season and fill in the blanks.
    I assume this is not in reference to the premiere on Sunday...

Every time I start getting bored with the WD they do something that gets me right back into it. Be patient!

We'll see, Illin. The only real advantage the show has is it's ridiculously massive budget and the fact that they at least know what works (Even if they refuse to use it often enough). I suppose it's only a matter of time until the next prison-shoot out or cannibal army (Because killing the ONE or two survivors who might show up every 5 months and eating them sure made a lot of sense), and those scenes all make it worth it, but so few and far between. Sadly shows like Z Nation can't really compete with those scenes. They can try, but the production will look shoddy, not movie-quality like the WD.

I remember during those annoying Beth and Daryl episodes, thinking "Man this show sucks when it needs to rely on its characters." And it just seems to do that more and more with each season.

I wrote that a few hours before the season premiere.

I wrote that a few hours before the season premiere.
    thoughts?

I didn't love the first episode but I didn't hate it. Curious to see where they go with the show as they make their way to DC. (I was a bit chafed that they jumped from North Georgia to Southern Virginia rather quickly...the length of that journey would have surely involved a mob of walkers or a run in with other survivors...maybe they cover that in future episodes but it kinda seems like they just hopped on the turnpike and had an easy drive which we all know if highly unlikely)

Better Call Saul's first episode was interesting...bit of a downer but I'm intrigued!

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I didn't love the first episode but I didn't hate it. Curious to see where they go with the show as they make their way to DC. (I was a bit chafed that they jumped from North Georgia to Southern Virginia rather quickly...the length of that journey would have surely involved a mob of walkers or a run in with other survivors...maybe they cover that in future episodes but it kinda seems like they just hopped on the turnpike and had an easy drive which we all know if highly unlikely)
    They appear to be setting up to involve a fan-favorite villain next season.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Only one episode into the season is too early to tell if it completely gone to crap or not. I definitely wasn't as excited afterwards as the critics were. I still don't understand why they don't use Michonnes trick and cut the arms and jaws off them and just blend in.

Only one episode into the season is too early to tell if it completely gone to crap or not. I definitely wasn't as excited afterwards as the critics were. I still don't understand why they don't use Michonnes trick and cut the arms and jaws off them and just blend in.
    The second episode was pretty crazily bad as well. I like Walking Dead and have generally low standards for the pacing and writing and all that, but this is truly getting painful.

Every time I find I am getting bored, crazy shit happens! (and it looks like the new guy may be the bad guy Hamster referenced - he looks like friendly-evil)

Every time I find I am getting bored, crazy shit happens! (and it looks like the new guy may be the bad guy Hamster referenced - he looks like friendly-evil)
    Not yet, but it's another signal that they're coming.
    Curse of the Hamster

I remember thinking "This could've easily been the 1st scene of this episode" when that guy showed up. Really boring episode but hopefully it finally picks up.

House of Cards S3 started out a bit slow but is picking up now (I'm on e7). Heard that the season ends really strong, so I'm sticking it out.

The Last Man on Earth premiere was silly but funny.

Better Call Saul has been consistently good/very good so far, but tonight's episode was off the hook great. I'm a sucker for backstories, and we got a deep dive into Mike's tonight. I think Jonathan Banks just earned himself an Emmy.
    If you're a breaking bad fan and not watching this, you're really missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Better Call Saul has been consistently good/very good so far, but tonight's episode was off the hook great. I'm a sucker for backstories, and we got a deep dive into Mike's tonight. I think Jonathan Banks just earned himself an Emmy.
    Will have to check it out soon. I like to collect enough episodes to binge on a new show

Walking Dead has totally lost my interest, haven't even watched the most recent 2

Always Sunny has never been funnier. Season 10 has been a brilliant sign-off (If it is indeed the last). Never imagined a show having it's funniest season 10 years after inception but these guys have been the funniest people on TV the entire time so its not surprising.
    Last edited by Kyle; 03-13-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Agreed this show is really good and though I'm sure it will never get the fame that Breaking Bad got its still a great show with great characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Will have to check it out soon. I like to collect enough episodes to binge on a new show

Walking Dead has totally lost my interest, haven't even watched the most recent 2

Always Sunny has never been funnier. Season 10 has been a brilliant sign-off (If it is indeed the last). Never imagined a show having it's funniest season 10 years after inception but these guys have been the funniest people on TV the entire time so its not surprising.
    Walking Dead is about to get really interesting I think...any time they start getting boring crazy shit happens!

Walking Dead is about to get really interesting I think...any time they start getting boring crazy shit happens!
    I caught up. Not too bad, but not good either. It can definitely go good places Sunday night though. I thought that scene where Carroll threatened the small child was such a joke. Once she started talking about cookies I busted out laughing.

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Vikings is awesome, Walking Dead has been a bit slow and I'm also watching The 100 which I like although its aimed a bit lower age group then my 38 year old self

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Daredevil is shockingly amazing. If you haven't begun this show on Netflix, fuck anything else you were waiting to watch, this needs to be your number one priority!

It's 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and 9.4 on IMDB after 1,600 reviews making it the 2nd (Technically 3rd) highest rated show ever behind Breaking Bad/Game of thrones which are 9.5.

It's a wonderfully acted/scripted, dark, gritty superhero epic. Some of Marvel's very finest work ever.

I don't think anything that happened throughout the season of Walking Dead did anything to change my mind even slightly. I think it was just 8 throwaway episodes basically. I really didn't connect a bit with that lame scene where Carol acts like way too much of a badass. Her character was way better when she was just this subtle commando who had clearly gathered an incredible amount of survival skills and put them on display constantly. Now they're shoving the idea that she's a badass down everyone's throats via obnoxious dialogue segments where she just steps too far out of character.

Vikings is awesome,
    I like this show. Kind of a poor man's Game of Thrones, but, GoT is so good that I can accept that and enjoy it anyway.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-12-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Wow, for whatever reason I had 'The Flash' in mind when I first read your thoughts on Daredevil - I'm glad my brain was able to process it was wrong! I'll check it out.

Viking's I really enjoy BUT it's gotten kinda cheesy this year....hokey if that makes sense. I still keep watching...I have a huge crush on Lagertha and I'm hopeful I'll one day meet her through some friends who went to high school with her

Watched the whole first season of Daredevil last Sunday and it is amazing! Everything Kyle said was right on and is the best Marvel show ever!

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Wow, for whatever reason I had 'The Flash' in mind when I first read your thoughts on Daredevil - I'm glad my brain was able to process it was wrong! I'll check it out.

Viking's I really enjoy BUT it's gotten kinda cheesy this year....hokey if that makes sense. I still keep watching...I have a huge crush on Lagertha and I'm hopeful I'll one day meet her through some friends who went to high school with her
    Lagertha is fucking HOT...for some reason my wife does not understand lol

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Not that it needed to be said, but game of Thrones episodes 1-4 are just the best TV gets these days. Episode 4 especially was maybe one of the greatest I've ever seen, from any TV show.

Uh. I don't believe episode 4 has aired yet...

I'm actually getting concerned about their source material departures now. The more drastic deviations they make, the more trouble they're going to have fitting them in with the overall story (unless they intend to end the series completely different from the book series, at this point). The new Littlefinger/Sansa storyline already seems to make little sense to me in the context of Littlefinger's actions to this point. The Cersei story arc, while not significantly deviated, yet, also seems to be weakened as a result of the changes to the other character arcs.
    Curse of the Hamster

The first 4 episodes leaked on torrent sites a few hours before episode 1 premiered. It was pretty big internet-news, surprised you haven't heard.

I'd guess over a million people have already watched them that way so I figured at least a few people around here may have.

Someone who had early copies for review fucked them over. They assign each copy a specific water mark so they know which reviewer leaked the episodes, but I guess they simply blurred out the watermark and got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The first 4 episodes leaked on torrent sites a few hours before episode 1 premiered. It was pretty big internet-news, surprised you haven't heard.

I'd guess over a million people have already watched them that way so I figured at least a few people around here may have.

Someone who had early copies for review fucked them over. They assign each copy a specific water mark so they know which reviewer leaked the episodes, but I guess they simply blurred out the watermark and got away with it.
    Ah, I did hear, but I didn't think the leaked eps spread quite so far.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Ah, I did hear, but I didn't think the leaked eps spread quite so far.
    I'm guessing based on the seed numbers I had seen on the torrent sites. It's almost a million people on KickassTorrents alone and I'd guess a lot more elsewhere (Like another 30-40% at least, to take an educated guess)

Considering episode 2 viewership was about 700-800k lower than expected, I think those numbers are pretty accurate. I'm sure a large chunk of the people who downloaded still watched it live with friends/fam or the rating would likely have been even lower.

It was still a very good rating, just not up to predictions which is a rare thing for GoT. It almost always meets/exceeds optimistic ranges.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-27-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Man I am obsessed with this comedy, Veep. It's about the Vice President of the US (played by the girl from Seinfield, Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and has such an outstanding supporting cast.

The headliners after the VP are her staff, the funniest of which include Gary Cole (Bill Lumbergh from Office Space along with a thousand other roles), Kevin Dunn (The dad from Transformers, was great in Warriors too), Anna Chlumsky (From My Girl), and Tony Hale (Buster from Arrested Development).

It's a very current political comedy that doesn't take itself seriously and accurately mocks the absurd corruption and incompetence of American politics. It's cleverly written and keeps you laughing consistently.

Thread Information