Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    In case anyone wrote it off after the slowish start, Agents of SHIELD has gotten much better.

EDIT: I'm especially impressed with how they managed to use the natural foreshadowing in order to mislead most comics fans regarding Coulson's resurrection. Or at least, that's how it appears right now.
    REally, huh. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge comic book guy that I just found
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Really? I still watch but it's pretty bad - it's way too Disney'ed out for me.

I don't know if I'd say the same as you, but I just wasn't into it. I gave it a shot and it wasn't doing it for me probably because of the reason I mentioned earlier.

Stone cold Agent Ward! (last weeks episode is definitely less disney than usual )

Stone cold Agent Ward! (last weeks episode is definitely less disney than usual )

So youre still watching?

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    So youre still watching?
    I PVR it and usually end up watching a week or so later. (that's more a testament to the dearth of good television though)

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    The effects of Captain America: Winter Soldier are going to start coming up in the series now, I think.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

The new Silicon Valley series on HBO got off to a good start. Some things are obviously exaggerated, but in general they got the tone for what it's like in that work culture / region pretty close. Even though it was only the pilot episode, the characters seem very well crafted and I can see this show being fun to watch.

Veep also started a new season this week and got off to an awesome start. Especially after getting through House of Cards and seeing the dark side of DC politics, it's fun to watch a well-written comedy covering pretty much the same story. And am I crazy or is Julia Louis-Dryefuss getting hotter with age?

More people need to watch hannibal.
    I don't like homer bias.

Ok, Hamster, I clearly am eating crow after the last 3 episodes of SHIELD! It is still a bit disney'ed out but A LOT less than earlier in the season. I am pretty stoked to see that there is direct tie-in to the Marvel Avengers/Capt America storyline - I even noticed the black dude with the crush on Simmons is featured prominently in the new Capt America.

Ok, Hamster, I clearly am eating crow after the last 3 episodes of SHIELD! It is still a bit disney'ed out but A LOT less than earlier in the season. I am pretty stoked to see that there is direct tie-in to the Marvel Avengers/Capt America storyline - I even noticed the black dude with the crush on Simmons is featured prominently in the new Capt America.
    No. That's a different guy. Different actor.

BJ Britt (Agent Triplett - SHIELD)

Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/Falcon)

Last edited by Hamsterkill; 04-14-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Curse of the Hamster

Ehhhhhrrmmmmmmmm, ooops! Hahaha, the show has still gotten immensely better in the final 3 episodes of the season. Glad I struck around!

There's still three episodes to go in the season. Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), who was in Avengers/Cap America 2, guests in this week's. She'll probably appear a lot more often in season two now that How I Met Your Mother is over (assuming SHIELD gets a second season).
    Curse of the Hamster

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    No. That's a different guy. Different actor.

Skip to 52 seconds.

Friends with better lives is one of the funniest shows on TV... There is no way they should cancel it already

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Friends with better lives is one of the funniest shows on TV... There is no way they should cancel it already
    Did they cancel it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Did they cancel it?
    No they didn't cancel it and it is an amazing show!

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    I don't understand how that show gets axed while 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly can stick around.

Didn't really care for the Homeland premier last night. I had fairly low expectations for this season and it seems like they may very well come true.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Brooklyn Nine Nine is off to an amazing start. Just as good as Parks and Rec/The Office IMO

Anybody been watching Marvel's Agent Carter? Any good? I've heard of it being a temporary series. Is this also true?

Nope. But The Americans resumed last week and kept up with its awesome story. Don't watch the NBC copy; stick with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    Anybody been watching Marvel's Agent Carter? Any good? I've heard of it being a temporary series. Is this also true?
    I have obviously. It's not bad if you like 1940s spy stuff. Not the kind of series one might usually associate with Marvel though. No superhumans. Just technological fiction. Still good though. And yes its intended to be an 8 episode thing. That said it started out as a one half hour short as a DVD extra. So if it's successful, who knows maybe it'll get second season. It's certainly well-cast.
    Curse of the Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Nope. But The Americans resumed last week and kept up with its awesome story. Don't watch the NBC copy; stick with the original.
    There's an NBC copy?
    Curse of the Hamster

I have obviously. It's not bad if you like 1940s spy stuff. Not the kind of series one might usually associate with Marvel though. No superhumans. Just technological fiction. Still good though. And yes its intended to be an 8 episode thing. That said it started out as a one half hour short as a DVD extra. So if it's successful, who knows maybe it'll get second season. It's certainly well-cast.
    Got it on my DVR, just wasn't sure when I was going to get into. I'll give it a try.

There's an NBC copy?
    Yep -- Allegiance. Basically the same premise, just not set in the Cold War early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Yep -- Allegiance. Basically the same premise, just not set in the Cold War early 80's.
    Oh I think do remember reading about that somewhere... Wasn't all that interested, I guess.
    Curse of the Hamster

Am I the only one who has become kind of disinterested in regards to The Walking Dead? It's the same scenario almost every episode- somebody gets separated from the group at the start of the episode, the group gets in serious trouble and then the missing character comes back against all odds and saves the day. Also, I don't understand why they are hiding in trunks and whatnot when Michonne already showed them how to become invisible and blend in with the walkers. It's kind of becoming like Dexter to me, I can watch the first two episodes and last episode of the season and fill in the blanks.

It took a few episodes to get into Leftovers but I really liked the way they wrapped up the first season.

Better Call Saul was really good -- almost living up to the hype. Ep 2 is tonight. Lots of nuggets for breaking bad fans, but the characters already seen strong enough to carry the show on their own.

And as a former Cinnabon worker, I loved the opening scene.

I didn't even know it had started. Shit!!

Thread Information