Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

French Open 2010

Roddick is in trouble early at the French, what else is new!

Murray went down 2 sets to 0 yesterday vs. Gasquet and came back to win in 5.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    DW did you see any of the Fognini vs Monfils 2 day affair? So happy Fognini came back and won especially after the BS that was pulled last night. Fognini being forced back onto the court in almost pitch black after being penalized a point! That ITF official should be fined for letting Monfils talk him into continuing the match just like he did vs Roddick last year. Great match though best of the tournament so far.

Otherwise today sucked with all the rain

Everyone with the grounds pass tomorrow in Paris is in for a treat with so many star players probably being forced to play on the outer courts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    DW did you see any of the Fognini vs Monfils 2 day affair? So happy Fognini came back and won especially after the BS that was pulled last night. Fognini being forced back onto the court in almost pitch black after being penalized a point! That ITF official should be fined for letting Monfils talk him into continuing the match just like he did vs Roddick last year. Great match though best of the tournament so far.

Otherwise today sucked with all the rain

Everyone with the grounds pass tomorrow in Paris is in for a treat with so many star players probably being forced to play on the outer courts.
    Was waiting for you to respond.

As much as I like Monfils, I'm glad to see Fognini win because of that bullshit.

Today was horrible, but tomorrows another day with even more fun play!

Ivanovic

Ivanovic just didnt put multiple good points together in a single game, she would have two great points than nothing next games same story. She looked as good as she ever has going to net but didnt do it often enough, plus she was double faulting at crucial moments. I thought she had a chance to make a little run with the decent draw she had especially after the way she had been playing the last few weeks but I guess not. She really needs to get her serve worked out.

Kleybanova did play well though she kept punishing Ana's backhand. Ivanovic forehand today was former #1 player stuff. But backhand was terrible.
    Last edited by mrtybrodur30; 05-27-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Hate seeing Tsonga retire. His game just isn't for clay though.

Soderling was great

Yeah I think the rain delay didnt help Federer either. He was so close to taking that third set on that crazy break point against Soderling. I was amazed at how Soderling was hitting especially on the slow clay today. As good as Soderling was though I still think Berdych might beat him he has been playing great too will be a really good match.

For the womens im really pulling for Dementieva to get her first slam. She has been playing great out there.

Yeah I think the rain delay didnt help Federer either. He was so close to taking that third set on that crazy break point against Soderling. I was amazed at how Soderling was hitting especially on the slow clay today. As good as Soderling was though I still think Berdych might beat him he has been playing great too will be a really good match.

For the womens im really pulling for Dementieva to get her first slam. She has been playing great out there.
    I actually thought when the delay happend that Fed was getting the advantage. You know Fed, he can go in there and analyze the mistakes and you know.

Berdych/Soderling will be a really good map.

The Womens side is wide open

GREAT to see both the Williams' sisters out.

Djoko/Melzer match was incredible.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I actually thought when the delay happend that Fed was getting the advantage. You know Fed, he can go in there and analyze the mistakes and you know.

Berdych/Soderling will be a really good map.

The Womens side is wide open
    I'm not so sure it is...we said on our FO preview show that Sam Stosur was one of the favourites, she's easily the woman to beat right now.

Great clay court season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    I'm not so sure it is...we said on our FO preview show that Sam Stosur was one of the favourites, she's easily the woman to beat right now.

Great clay court season so far.
    Womens draw is always wide open, especially at the French with a subpar Henin. Stosur played really well last year at Roland Garros, and has been awesome on Clay this whole season. She was definitely one of the favorites coming in, but that doesn't mean the tournament wasn't up for grabs because it surely is/was.

Almagro is turning into a really good player. Although he lost in straights, he was really in that match against Nadal today.

The womens draw is still wide open. Alot of people are saying Stosur but Jankovic is more than capable of beating her even more so on clay. I still like Dementieva though, I really think she can get through Schiavone. Jankovic/Stosur is a toss up and should be a good match. Another reason I think its wide open and not Stosur to beat is she hasnt even been in a Grand Slam Final before. ALOT of players usually struggle in there first final. Dementieva and Jankovic have played in finals before. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by mrtybrodur30; 06-02-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Ahh that sucks Dementieva had to retire. You could tell she was not right at the end of the tiebreak though. Really tough break for here. Schiavone played well on to the Finals for her. Now on to Jankovic/Stosur should be a great one! I slightly like Jankovic.

Stosur was unbelievable. Clear favorite now over Schiavone (who can really hit the hell out of the ball though)

Yeah Stosur played great and really gave Jankovic ALOT of problems. Jankovic even had a break in the 2nd but couldnt consolidate the break. Stosur had her guessing out there with her serve, great performance. Best match of the tournament for her imo.

Schiavone was really good, she's full of energy and can rip the ball.

Nadal reigns supreme once again. Domination.

Wimbledon starts Monday!!

Day 1 at Wimbledon is awesome, just a huge event, grass always looks amazing, would be very cool to be there in person.

Federer dropped the first set and is down a break in the second!!!

Federer came back from 2-0. Falla picked up a groin injury late in the second / early third that really hurt him. Pretty crazy match though.

When Roger was serving and was a couple of break points down at 4-4 in the 3rd I was getting nervous, he was so close and got REALLY lucky to escape this one today. wow crazy match to start.

This Isner/Mahut match is just incredible. 36-35 right now in the 5th set! Isner is hanging on by a thread though he is very tired but still getting the aces somehow someway. Intense!

This Isner/Mahut match is just incredible. 36-35 right now in the 5th set! Isner is hanging on by a thread though he is very tired but still getting the aces somehow someway. Intense!
    Isn't this amazing? I can't believe what I am watching to be honest.

Oh and Federer just dropped the second set to a qualifier!!

Even at 30 all I didnt see it going to 35 let alone 41 all like it is now. Cannot believe these guys are still out there and able to stand!

This is incredible. Cmon Isner!!!

I can't believe neither guy has gotten mad, or upset or rattled at all!

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    This is incredible. Cmon Isner!!!

I can't believe neither guy has gotten mad, or upset or rattled at all!
    They dont have the energy too lol This is like playing a Stanley Cup playoff game then the next day playing another won and its in like the 5th OT. Insane.

They dont have the energy too lol This is like playing a Stanley Cup playoff game then the next day playing another won and its in like the 5th OT. Insane.
    Still. Not even a shout, any sign of anger. They are wooped but still!! this is remarkable. I'm not going back to soccer until this is over.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Anyone know if this match is a new record for length (games and/or time)?

EDIT - I did you google search myself (you lazy bastards ) and it is indeed the longest of all-time - time and games.
    Last edited by nyrblue2; 06-23-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information