Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where do I file my official "stop f'ing racing stock cars at Indy" petition?

Great for McMurray, he's just such a nice guy. I don't routinely root for him, but when he wins, it always makes me smile.

But c'mon. The racing at Indy sucks, there's always some sort of debacle -- though things settled down after the competition yellow, I thought we were about to have another version of what happened with the tires a couple of years ago. NASCAR is just lucky that the field wasn't cut in half by lap 10.

Clearly the fans in Indianapolis agree with me, the stands were empty compared to 2008 -- down almost 80000 according to the Intertubes. For fucks sake, scrap Indy and one Pocono date and put Iowa & Kentucky on the schedule. If you want to celebrate the history of Indy, I get that, but rotate it in and out of the schedule.. or something.

If you think today sucked, don't worry.. next week is Pocono! Woo.

I hate picking Jimmie Johnson on my fantasy team, because the notion of being happy that he does well makes me want to vomit -- but inevitably, whenever I do pick him, he finishes 25th. What the hell is with that?

</rant>
    I'm sorry that you interpreted my incredibly funny joke as horribly offensive.

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    My apathy for NASCAR this year has certainly showed up for me fantasy racing wise - I'm having my worse season ever......... can't remember the last race last I even watched.

Burton 7th in points - thats about all I am keeping up with this year

The Associated Press has learned that NASCAR warned teams during the offseason that public criticism of the sport would no longer be tolerated, and at least two star drivers have been fined—one as much as $50,000—for comments that were deemed destructive to the industry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...scar-inthepits

We haven't come all that far from threatening drivers with guns at potential union meetings, eh?

Senior Member All-Star Motorcat's Avatar
    I've said for the last couple of years when Burton is done I probably would be as well .............I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it.

Holy crap, Jack Roush was in another plane crash! How many people can say they've survived 3 plane crashes?

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Holy crap, Jack Roush was in another plane crash! How many people can say they've survived 3 plane crashes?
    Its like somebody is out to kill him and they just cant...... Unreal.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

There's a bit of dispute whether or not it was 3 crashes or 2. He had a "hard landing" due to weather at Daytona International, pretty much wrecked the plane, but there were no injuries and wasn't officially declared a crash by the NTSB. But either way.. that guy might want to consider taking the bus.

"Elliott Sadler says NASCAR officials told him his head-on collision with the inside retaining wall at Pocono Racing on Sunday was the hardest recorded in the history of the sport. That means harder than Kyle Petty's 2003 crash at Bristol which, according to published reports, was the hardest at the time at more than 80 Gs (80 times the force of gravity)."

Well.. damn.

Senior Member Third Liner mkmayers's Avatar
    If anyone is interested in joining a Fantasy Nascar group I have one that could use some more members. Here's the info:

Group ID#: 3317
    Password: slidejob
    "Here's to our girlfriends and wives, may they never meet." Groucho Marx

Wow, Trevor Bayne was impressive pushing Gordon on Thursday night in the Shoot-Out, but wow, didn't see him winning the Daytona 500!

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Not Nascar but Indycar. Very sad day, Dan Wheldon was killed in a 15 car crash in Vegas. 33 years old, very, very sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the whole racing community.
    Last edited by phaneuf6; 10-16-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Not F1 either, it's indycar. REgardless, very sad indeed, married with a young son. Thoughts and prayer go out to this family.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    Not F1 either, it's indycar. REgardless, very sad indeed, married with a young son. Thoughts and prayer go out to this family.
    My bad, not really a fan, just switched it on when I heard about the crash. 5 lap salute now happening in his memory.

Way too sad. RIP Dan.

Yeah, very sad.. I was watching.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Have a guy at work that used to work around IndyCar, knows alot of the guys and knows the sport really well...talked to him today about it and I won't directly quote him since we talked for quite a while, he blames Indycar for the entire thing.

Basic gist of it was take an oval circuit which allows these cars to get up to dangerous speeds, a track that's notoriously less than ideal track conditions, cram way too many cars onto it, and assign an enormous $5million payday at the end and invite people who don't even drive Indycars on a regular basis(they had invited Travis Pastrana and multiple Nascar drivers for instance) out for the race because of the prize money, and you have an absurdly dangerous circumstance.

Also said he knew Wheldon from back in the day and said he was as nice as most stories are saying he was over the last day or so.

He has some pretty fun stories about the racing circuit btw...

Thread Information