Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

The official Tiger Woods thread

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/glf_woods_accident
    Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early Friday when his car struck a tree near his mansion in a gated waterfront community, authorities said.
    I seriously hope that it isn't anything life threatening.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I just saw this as well, scary stuff.

Get well Tiger.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    The Orlando Sentinel reported that the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, meaning the vehicle was moving at a speed under 33 mph.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...rash?GT1=39002

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I know hes hurt but I doubt its life threatening. Stranger things have happened however. I hope its not serious as its being led to be.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told CNBC in an e-mail that the golfer is "fine."
    Thanks nyrblue2
    Last edited by Dubz; 11-27-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

http://www.wesh.com/news/21740162/detail.html

Says he was treated for some facial lacerations.

Senior Member Second Liner
    My first question was, how's his wife?

But after seeing this ...

She's looks FINE to me.

On a serious note, Hope Tiger is back to his old self quickly.

Senior Member Second Liner
    By the Sounds of it Phil Mickelson must have been driving......They ended up in the trees.

Sorry I couldn't resist

Senior Member All-Star MrScientist's Avatar
    How do you hurt yourself that bad backing out of a driveway?

Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident early Friday outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said his wife used a golf club to smash out the back window and help get the world's No. 1 golfer out of the SUV.
    Woods was treated and released from a hospital in good condition, his spokesman said. The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' vehicle hit a fire hydrant and a tree in his neighbour's yard as he pulled out of his driveway at 2:25 a.m.
    Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press that officers found the 33-year-old PGA star laying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him.
    She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and "came out and broke the back window with a golf club."
    Woods had lacerations to his upper and lower lips, and he had blood in his mouth, Saylor said.
    The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when his two officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."
    He said officers treated Woods for 10 minutes until an ambulance arrived.
    The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods was alone in his 2009 Cadillac when he pulled out of his driveway from his mansion at Isleworth, a gated waterfront community just outside Orlando.
    The patrol reported Woods' injuries as serious, although Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan issued a statement that Woods was treated and released.
    The patrol said alcohol was not involved, although the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.
    Left unanswered was where Woods was going at that hour. Greenspan and agent Mark Steinberg said there would be no comment beyond the short statement of the accident on Woods' Web site.
    Woods, coming off a two-week trip to China and Australia earlier this month, is host of the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., which starts Thursday. He is scheduled to have his press conference Tuesday afternoon at Sherwood Country Club. Steinberg said he did not know if Woods planned to play next week.
    The accident report was not released until nearly 12 hours after Woods was injured. Patrol spokesman Kim Montes said the accident did not meet the criteria of a serious crash, and the FHP only put out a press release because of inquiries from local media.
    Montes said the patrol reports injuries as serious if they require more than minor medical attention.
    Air bags in the SUV did not deploy.
    Investigators still have not had a chance to speak to Woods, but when they do, "we will ask him everything," Montes said. "We just haven't had a chance to do so because he was being medically treated."
    Montes said charges could be filed if there was a clear traffic violation, although troopers still do not know what caused Woods' SUV to hit the hydrant and the tree.
    Woods' $2.4 million home is part of an exclusive subdivision near Orlando, a community set on an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course and a chain of small lakes. The neighbourhood, which is fortified with high brick walls and has its own security force, is home to CEOs and other sports stars such as the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal.
    The Orlando Sentinel reported that an orange and white barricade sat on top of a hole in front of Woods' home. About 10 feet away, there was a tire track near an oak tree in his neighbour's yard. The tree had a few scuff marks but was largely unscathed.
    Woods, who has won 82 times around the world and 14 majors, attended the Stanford-Cal football game last Saturday, where he tossed the coin at the start of the game and was inducted into Stanford's sports Hall of Fame at halftime.
    He won six times this year after missing eight months recovering from reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Even though he failed to win a major, Woods said he considered this a successful year because he did not know how his knee would respond.
    Sure sounds like he was drunk...or something dodgey! (too slow a crash too close to home at a late hour to not be suspicious.

Hmmmmmmm, my spidey sense may have been right....would love to know the real story!

MIAMI (AFP) - Tiger Woods was to speak with police Saturday as authorities investigated the single-vehicle crash that left the global golf superstar with facial cuts and bruises. ADVERTISEMENT

"Mr Woods is going to be interrogated sometime today after 3:00 pm (2000 GMT)," Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) spokeswoman Kim Montes told AFP.
    Woods, 33, was treated and released from hospital after he crashed his 2009 Cadillac SUV outside his luxury Florida home early Friday, hitting a fire hydrant and ramming into a nearby tree.
    A dispute between Woods and his wife, former Swedish model Elin Nordegren, was at the center of the accident, amid reports the golf icon was having an affair with a New York club hostess, celebrity news website TMZ.com reported.
    By the website's account, Nordegren confronted her husband about the alleged affair, scratching his face in a heated argument before Woods sought to leave the scene as his wife chased him with a golf club, hitting the vehicle several times before the crash.
    Nordegren told police she heard the crash and then used a golf club to break the back window of the SUV to help her husband.
    Montes insisted that the FHP was treating the incident as a "traffic crash."
    "We don't believe it is a domestic issue, but everything is still under investigation," Montes said.
    While media gathered at Woods's exclusive neighborhood, Montes said the FHP would not immediately release any information gleaned from their questioning of Woods.
    The investigation will also include a review of the emergency 911 call, which Montes said police would obtain on Sunday or Monday.
    Authorities said Woods crashed into the fire hydrant while leaving his property around 2:25 am (0725 GMT) Friday in the Windermere community, a suburb of Orlando.
    FHP earlier said Woods was transported to the hospital in "serious condition," unleashing frantic media coverage.
    "Our criteria for serious injuries might be different from that of a hospital," FHP spokesman Mark Welch said, referring to the initial police report.
    Florida's Health Central Hospital confirmed Friday that Woods had been treated after a "minor car accident" and released "in good condition."
    Profile: Tiger Woods
    The golfer, who was resting at home, added: "We appreciate very much everyone's thoughts and well wishes."
    Police said Woods was in a semi-conscious state outside the vehicle with his wife next to him when they arrived. He suffered cuts to both his upper and lower lips.
    No charges have been filed as police said they are still investigating the cause of the crash. It is not yet clear who might face charges.
    "She was frantic, upset," Windermere police chief Dan Saylor said of Nordegren, adding he had no knowledge of domestic problems between the couple. "It was her husband laying on the ground."

Senior Member All-Star Chilly_Willy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles & Conkey View Post

She's looks FINE to me.

Who ever said money can't buy love

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles & Conkey View Post

She's looks FINE to me.

Now picture her screaming at the top of her lungs while chasing your car, swinging a golf club and smashing the windows out. Now thats hot...talk about some good make up sex
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Senior Member All-Star snoopzen's Avatar
    This is going to be another one of those non-news/full-blown-round-the-clock-coverage stories, I think. I just watched a newscast with a COMPUTER SIMULATION of the accident scene, complete with foliage.

"Numerous theories continue to swirl around - "
    "Reports of marital troubles - "
    "Tiger cancelled a meeting with authorities, although he is under no legal obligation to have such a meeting - "

I do actually. I'd love to find out if his wife got her crazy on and caused the accident. I like his wife even more knowing she has that kind of passion in her....I like Latin girls for similar reasons. (annoying at times, but awesome at others!)

Does not sound like this is going away anytime soon, lot's of weird things going on in this....

-His wife told two different stories to to the Cops.

-Now a 2nd women (some 24 year old) who has said they had a 31 month affair, says she has over 300 text messages from Tiger.

-He was given a $164 fine today for careless driving.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-01-2009 at 04:32 PM.

As much as I respect Tiger's right to not talk to the police about what happened (since it was on private property and no crime was committed), I must say he and his wife are acting like guilty people trying to hide something. It's a shame, but this isn't going away until they come clean with what happened that night (or at least a believable lie about what happened).

It's a real shame this guy can't have an accident happen and it just not get blown into a huge deal.

This is NOT a big deal, and the media looks to pick things out in this shit, and if he came out and addressed the media, they would of picked out more.

Props to Tiger for handling this with some class, let the man live his life.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    As much as I respect Tiger's right to not talk to the police about what happened (since it was on private property and no crime was committed), I must say he and his wife are acting like guilty people trying to hide something. It's a shame, but this isn't going away until they come clean with what happened that night (or at least a believable lie about what happened).
    That was my first thought but now, I think the opposite. If they held a press conference, no one would believe them so why even do it?? There would be zero closure with or without a press conference. He doesn't owe us shit. We are just nosey. We just want to hear that he was banging all of these chicks and his wife went ballistic and hit him with a golf club. This was a victimless crime and, even if she beat the shit out of him, he needs to press charges before this becomes criminal. That will never happen.

As much as I would love to see him come clean about exactly what happened, I won't hold my breath. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

The only thing that I will say to counter Doc and dw's points is that today's celebrity media is relentless (as fair or unfair it is for Tiger and his family). They are going to keep digging until they find something (or until a more famous celebrity is involved in a scandal; Oprah, time to take one for the team). So, in all likelihood, the truth (or a "truth") will eventually come out.

I think Tiger's best move would have been to come clean or make up a believable lie immediately. The more these things linger, the more the media will continue to dig. Personally, I haven't really been following the story too closely, but I can only imagine the rampant speculation of the cable news shows.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

I agree he should be able to live his life with out dealing with all of this BS, but like Zang has said, he needs to come out and talk to the media and tell the truth or something to make this all die down, if not it's only going to get worse the more he let's this drag on.

Crazy statement made by Tiger today.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Crazy statement made by Tiger today.
    No doubt about that.

I wonder who drops Tiger first as a spokesman? (maybe nobody)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    No one is perfect, I'm sure they'll stick by him.

Line Combo Guru All-Star nyrblue2's Avatar
    Buick already dropped him.....

.....oh wait, that's because GM has no money....

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    No one is perfect, I'm sure they'll stick by him.
    I agree that nobody is perfect...but that hasn't stopped loads of other celebs from getting dropped in the past! (any other black guy would be getting lambasted!)

I agree that nobody is perfect...but that hasn't stopped loads of other celebs from getting dropped in the past! (any other black guy would be getting lambasted!)
    Anyone with the name and history of Tiger Woods though? He has handled this whole very smartly, and he is a golfer, so we won't see him for another 8+ weeks, which by then, some other idiot will have been arrested/done something retarded.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Agreed but those that were dropped by their sponsors more than likely had 1 or both of these in common:

1. They did something so bad that the company had no choice.
    2. They weren't still making them enough money.

I find it hard to believe that any of the above are true in Tiger's case.

I think it depends on how many affairs it turns out Tiger was having. If it's just one then it's probably not much of a big deal... but if it's uncovered that he's been messing around with a bunch of chicks all across the country, then it will absolutely hurt Tiger's "wholesome all-american boy" brand.

As long as it doesn't affect his golf game, he'll still have the "best golfer in the world" brand, but that title alone is probably only bringing in 1/4 of his endorsements.

either way, the tabloid press smells blood in the water and this thing is far from over. you guys heard this, right? http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...ng-you-2009212

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    I hope tiger goes on the Maury Povich show... to clear all this up.

Thread Information