Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Good for boxing showing once again why no one gives a shit.

Instead, we get Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley which is laughable. And also shows what a complete bullshitter Bob Arum is.

Bob Arum signs a fight with Pacquiao against Shane Mosley, who is 39, has 2 losses and a draw in his last four fights(a pathetic showing against Sergio Mora being the draw), and now he gets to fight Pac-Man.

4 months later, the fight is made.
    Come on now, Mosely has never been knocked out before... thats gotta count for something. (46-6-1 record). Mosely always gets the big fights so im not surprised with the booking. Im watching this fight to see if Mosely finally gets knocked out.. I'll go with Pac-Man knocking out Mosley in 6 or less. Everyone has Mosely as the old, has-been bum (which is granted with his last 2 fights and age) but on the extreme other side of the spectrum lies the "what if factor." What if Manny Loses? It could rival the Buster Douglas upset... (Buster was a nobody and Tyson was undefeated but if Pacquiao somehow loses, its gonna be right up there) wouldnt bet on it though.

Having said that, with the Canucks playing Nashville and an NBA matchup worthy of a finals showdown (Celtics vs Heat), this fight falls 3rd on my Saturday card. Still gonna watch the fight though. Go Pac-Man!!
    Last edited by canuckthug; 05-08-2011 at 12:03 AM.

******SPOILER******

Very lopsided fight. Mosely got outclassed from start to end. 1 solid take down by Pac in round 3 and Mosely was almost done. Mosely barely did anything after that. He went defensive and hung on for his life to the 12th.

The World keeps waiting for Mayweather to step up but PacMan is evidently becoming more concerned with Politics (possibly for good). The Mayweather/PacMan fight has further distanced itself from happening and it was pretty much a no-go already which sucks. The announcers started talking about the need for Money vs Pac around round 8 or 9 which i thought was funny. They were pleading for Money to take the fight (because they knew he was watching) to prove to everyone who is the better boxer. I follow Money Mayweather on twitter and that guy has been in party mode for months now. He is arrogant but I Cant blame him because he is super rich, young, undefeated (and seemingly nothing to prove?) - . I wonder if Mayweather has a response in the next few days while PacMan continues to contemplate his future.

Money Mayweather with another win. Crazy ending to a back -and-forth fourth round. Mayweather is 42-0-0. Ortiz was a sucker to drop his mits like that!!

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    Money Mayweather with another win. Crazy ending to a back -and-forth fourth round. Mayweather is 42-0-0. Ortiz was a sucker to drop his mits like that!!
    The fight was never re-started....how anyone can think Ortiz is at fault here is so far beyond laughable it scares me...

It's two faults, one is Mayweather for being a scumbag, but frankly that's not surprising.

The big fault though is on the ref who both never re-started the fight, and turned his back to them as they were walking towards each other after having already deducted the point.

No idea what he was doing...and good for Mayweather for running his mouth after the fight about another impressive win and so on and picking on an 80 year old man.

Just make sure you never step in the ring with Pacquiao while you're at it.

Again I say, boxing is a fucking joke. Look at the state of last night's main event. Embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    The fight was never re-started....how anyone can think Ortiz is at fault here is so far beyond laughable it scares me..
    come on, how many times does Ortiz have to hug it out? They already tapped gloves earlier when Ortiz apologized.. You come to the ring to fight, Ortiz lost his killer instinct.. It was a controversial ending, a classless move by Mayweather (maybe smart?!) but Ortiz got what he deserved for failing to protect himself.

It's two faults, one is Mayweather for being a scumbag, but frankly that's not surprising.

The big fault though is on the ref who both never re-started the fight, and turned his back to them as they were walking towards each other after having already deducted the point.

No idea what he was doing...and good for Mayweather for running his mouth after the fight about another impressive win and so on and picking on an 80 year old man.

Just make sure you never step in the ring with Pacquiao while you're at it.

Again I say, boxing is a fucking joke. Look at the state of last night's main event. Embarassing.
    It was a ridiculous ending, the match had potential. Ortiz was having a good 4th until the headbut but Mayweather still won every round according to the judges. I was hoping Larry would ask Mayweather about Manny Pac but obviously that never happened. About the ref, according to the PPV telecast that i watched and hearing the HBO team after-- Mayweather was not at fault. It was 100% Ortiz's fault for breaking rule #1. "Protect your self at all times"

You can paint the picture anyway you want, but this is how the fight will go down in the books:
    Referee Joe Cortez had ordered the fight to resume and when he did, each man was 100 percent within his rights to wallop the other. Ortiz, though, tried to embrace Mayweather. Mayweather chose to fight, and the difference in reactions cost Ortiz his title.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...acquiao_091911

I generally despise Larry Merchant, but his "If I were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" to Mayweather was the line of the night.

sweet if true:

Advisor says Floyd wants Pacquiao in May - report
    "Floyd made it very clear to us what he wanted to do. He told us he is looking to make the biggest fight that is out there and to make it in May.

"We're going to do everything in our power to make the biggest fight out there for the fans and we all know what the fight is."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...quiao_20111103

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I won't believe it till the two of them are in the ring and throwing punches.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I won't believe it till the two of them are in the ring and throwing punches.
    Same thing I said on here when this thread was started, this fight could be 3 days away and something could stop it from going on.

Manny Pacquaio just defeated Juan Marquez in a 12 rounder that went the distance, went to the judges... It was a close fight and i bet a lot of people think Marquez won. Im thinking Marquez won more rounds and Manny did look defeated towards the end. All in all, it was a good fight but the conclusion was a bit controversial. Im hearing "boxing politics" gave this fight to Manny to keep the Mayweather PPV in order.
    Manny got booed out of the building while Marquez stormed out of the ring after the decision was made, (bailed on any post fight interview)..

This sets up a possible May 5th ( Cinco de mayo) showdown with Mayweather... we will see what happens in the next few days/weeks because this fight might become a reality.

It was a joke, the little guy got beat soundly.

Just what I (and most) thought, again this fight won't happen as Mayweather is going to fight Cotto May 5th.

I have a feeling they will fight...but not until Mayweather has stalled a few more years to make sure Manny is too old to win. (pussy)

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I have a feeling they will fight...but not until Mayweather has stalled a few more years to make sure Manny is too old to win. (pussy)
    He's been calling out Miss PacMan for months now.

Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    He's been calling out Miss PacMan for months now.

Stop it.
    Oh no,,, not months!! We got a bad ass over here!
    Im a huge Mayweather fan... but he only started to salivate like a hungry dog for this fight once he watched how inept Pacquiao was during his last title bout vs Márquez. Im sure the Mayweather team took notice. Pacquiao looked ordinary and should have lost the decision to Márquez. This is when Money Mayweather finally decided to pony up (for real). For the sport of boxing, this fight needs to happen but Mayweather was ducking, delaying, postponing for a few years so these months don't really tell the whole story. He could have easily said, lets do this, make it happen...(like hes doing now) but it was blood test this, steroid user that...
    I always thought Mayweather could beat Pac-Man but where was the interest earlier?? Im aware that Pac-Man could have complied with Mayweather's request but its an insulting request. Some people say Pac-Man was scared for avoiding the test..I don't know.. Other people say Mayweather was delaying because he was scared...?? (maybe scared is not the word but you know what im sayin)
    I still think this fight will go down .. hopefully it happens in the year 2012 (probably November if it happens).

They both will be about 50 if it ever happens.

Didn't really read what 911 said because it was all pretty jumbled together but if all that was holding it back when Pac wanted to was a piss or blood test, sack up and do it. The dude is scared of needles, that's pretty shady.

Don't discredit Mayweather for not fighting him years ago, when PacMan is the one not fighting him now.

It goes both ways.

Either way, fuck boxing. I don't like how so many people (not anyone here) act like their boxing fans.

There aren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by dw13 View Post
    Didn't really read what 911 said because it was all pretty jumbled together but if all that was holding it back when Pac wanted to was a piss or blood test, sack up and do it. The dude is scared of needles, that's pretty shady.

Don't discredit Mayweather for not fighting him years ago, when PacMan is the one not fighting him now.

It goes both ways.

Either way, fuck boxing. I don't like how so many people (not anyone here) act like their boxing fans.

There aren't any.
    That's wrong. Might not be many anymore I agree with that, but there are some who still love boxing. I have a buddie who is and always has been a hardcore boxing fan, his fav athlete ever is Roy Jones Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    That's wrong. Might not be many anymore I agree with that, but there are some who still love boxing. I have a buddie who is and always has been a hardcore boxing fan, his fav athlete ever is Roy Jones Jr.
    He's one of about 17 fans.

The sport is a sham.

Edit: Messing with you. But there's very few.
    Last edited by dw13; 02-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.

b_illin

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    I think I've said this 100x in this thread, so let this be 101 times.

This fight is never going to happen.

Everyone thinks there's some magical thing where they're both going to realize they need this fight financially. It's just not true. Neither of them need this fight, they can go fight other lesser opponents, get like $20M per fight from it, and never have to deal with the publicity of being the loser of this fight.

As I said earlier in the thread, this is what makes you really appreciate the way the UFC is run. There's no ducking fights in the UFC.

Hope Floyd had PPV in his jail cell.

Go have fun being a singer/governor or whatever, Pac. You're not in his atmosphere.

Edit: Kidding. What in the fuck were the judges doing?
    Last edited by dw13; 06-10-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Every time I think the NBA is rigged there's good ol' boxing to show me what a real fix looks like.

Holy smokes did the PacMan ever get screwed last weekend... You guys were right, boxing has become a joke.

kind of karma really. pacquiao got beat pretty clearly by marquez last time.

Thread Information