Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's Pac fans vs. Mayweather fans, period.

The fact of the matter is, if Pac would agree to all the drug testing, this fight would be going on. Why would Mayweather want to be-little making this fight as fair as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    It's Pac fans vs. Mayweather fans, period.

The fact of the matter is, if Pac would agree to all the drug testing, this fight would be going on. Why would Mayweather want to be-little making this fight as fair as possible?
    I think both are stupid here, but I find it funny how some ppl make it out like Pac-Man refused drug testing....he was willing to accept normal drug testing and at the last minute, he was willing to make the concession to have increased testing, but not the exact type Mayweather wanted.....and then Mayweather wouldn't budge....yet Manny's the bad guy.

As I said, Pac-man should have given in (although on principal, given that I do not think this had anywhere near as much to do with drug-testing as it did Mayweather playing games, I can understand why he was playing hardball as well), but Mayweather should not be a pussy and stop looking for reasons not to fight!

I look at it this way... f*ck the both of them for screwing us out of being able to watch a quality fight

I look at it this way... f*ck the both of them for screwing us out of being able to watch a quality fight
    Bingo, they are both to blame. (but as I said before, I bet this fight happens....gotta build the hype!)

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I think it some point it will happen as well, they said this fight should bring in about $200M, so Iam sure at some point they will get this fight going.

Watched that Hopkins vs Jones Jr fight last night, wow, Hopkins is a dirty fighter, punching Jones Jr in the nuts when the ref cant see, headbutts, and then what looked like him faking he's hurt at least three times and taking forever to get back up, sad really, pretty boring fight for the most part, other then a few rounds.

Boxing is really, really boring now, after watching the UFC over the last few years now, pretty much everyone at the house I was at last night agreed, even the hardcore boxing fans.
    Last edited by two24four; 04-04-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post

Boxing is really, really boring now, after watching the UFC over the last few years now, pretty much everyone at the house I was at last night agreed, even the hardcore boxing fans.
    That is because you watched a fight that was equivilent to watching Magic and Bird going one on one modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    That is because you watched a fight that was equivilent to watching Magic and Bird going one on one modern day.
    True, but I have watched a few boxing matches the last little while, they are just not what they use to be, maybe I'm just more into the UFC now. I just find it really boring now.

Senior Member First Liner
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ayweather.html

From the Los Angeles times: says Manny Pacquiao has agreed to submit to random pre-fight blood tests up to 14 days before a fight with Mayweather. The bout is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13, most likely in Las Vegas.

Way to sack up, Manny.

F*cking right, I want too see this fight so bad.

Go Manny Go !!!!

Not happening.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...ther_stay.html

Arum is so predictable. He wants Manny to fight Cotto or someone else in his stable. They have no plans to fight Mayweather clean while he is young enough.

Boxing is such a joke.

Boxing is such a joke.
    It's sad but true, I use to love watching boxing back in the day.

MMA owns it now.

Yeah, this is just another example of why boxing is becoming more and more irrelevant as MMA's popularity grows.

I just hope Toney doesn't beat Randy. That would give the old-time boxing elitists a ton of ammunition.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...loydrant090310

This guy is a complete joke. I hope all of his sponsors drop his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...loydrant090310

This guy is a complete joke. I hope all of his sponsors drop his ass.
    He's a joke, I hope they fight so Manny can teach him lesson

Mayweather might be an ignorant punk, but I'm still 100% confident that he would beat Pac.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    I'm 100% confident it'd be a spectacle fight that would end up being disappointingly dull also.

I'd like to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was pissed I sat through it by the end.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Pacquaio fights this weekend.. see what hes made of...

Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    Pacquaio fights this weekend.. see what hes made of...
    Margarito is a chump. He got embarrassed by a far past his prime Shane Mosley.

The big deal here is what kind of PPV buys this thing carries. Perhaps the biggest hurdle between Pac and Money May is that Mayweather far outdraws Pacquiao making it hard to justify a 50/50 split.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Margarito is a chump. He got embarrassed by a far past his prime Shane Mosley.

The big deal here is what kind of PPV buys this thing carries. Perhaps the biggest hurdle between Pac and Money May is that Mayweather far outdraws Pacquiao making it hard to justify a 50/50 split.
    This thing is happening at Dallas Cowboys Stadium... its already a big deal.

EDIT: If this thing sells out, it will be a spectacle. iM not sure what kind of PPV draws this brings but Boxing needs this. The biggest factor or hurdle is Manny has to win. I think Mayweather and his camp will be ringside and people will know right there and then if Money May vs Manny Pac becomes reality.
    Last edited by canuckthug; 11-10-2010 at 04:00 PM.

WWE style controversy is threatening the fight now, Paquiao camp is accusing Margarito of drinking effedra.

Rd12

exciting fight. lived up to the hype.

Last edited by canuckthug; 11-14-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    exciting fight. lived up to the hype.
    If by exciting you mean 12 rounds of Manny laying the wood, then yeah, sure.

If by exciting you mean 12 rounds of Manny laying the wood, then yeah, sure.
    i didnt want to "spoil" the end result... but it was exciting IMO for the reason you mentioned...

I don't get the "excitement" factor either. I would be pissed if I spent the $65 on that PPV. It basically showed that the boxing world got scammed by Bob Arum. Everyone knew that Margarito was dead slow, but now his power is gone too. It wasn't fair really.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Good for boxing showing once again why no one gives a shit.

Bob Arum, and every other manager in the sport need to leave before anything can happen. Not sure if I wrote this in this thread before or not, but the beauty of MMA, and why it's so much more popular than boxing is because Dana White/Joe Silva make the fights, not the fighters/managers. If fans want a fight, the fight happens.

Instead, we get Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley which is laughable. And also shows what a complete bullshitter Bob Arum is.

Bob Arum signs a fight with Pacquiao against Shane Mosley, who is 39, has 2 losses and a draw in his last four fights(a pathetic showing against Sergio Mora being the draw), and now he gets to fight Pac-Man.

Bob Arum in September after the draw against Mora, asked if Mosley could be Pacquiao's next fight :

"I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round, Arum told Marley. To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s, but he always had that big, big punch, like in the (Michael) Moorer fight. What Ive read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, hes going to be 40 and hes in the lighter weights, where speed is so important. Hes on a show with guys old enough to be his son.

I guess Shane needs the money due to his (divorce). Ive always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age. Its like (Bernard) Hopkins: He still knows how to fight, but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins, were beginning to see with Mosley."

4 months later, the fight is made.

Thread Information