Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I could be wrong, but I think this fight will still happen, they are both just playing mind games with each other.

I think at the end of the day the amount of $$$$ they will make will offset all of this

Yeah for sure, everyone who likes boxing (even people who dont) can't wait for this fight to happen, which is why I still think it will take place, the money they will make off this fight will be crazy.

I guess they have set the weight at 147lbs for this fight, if any of them come in over weight the penalty is $10M per pound

How long does HGH stay in the system? Pac is saying he'll give blood three times. Once now, then a month before the fight and right after the fight. I think they should compromise and do it like 10 days before the fight.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    So just cause he didnt want to do this stupid ass request by Mayweather and was going to go along with what the NSAC requests he somehow must be a steroid user now lol. This is just Mayweather BS to try to screw around with Pac-man. Anyway who knows if the fight will happen or not, like I said earlier I didnt get my hopes up at all you could just see something like this happening. If this doesnt happen its cause of Mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtybrodur30 View Post
    So just cause he didnt want to do this stupid ass request by Mayweather and was going to go along with what the NSAC requests he somehow must be a steroid user now lol. This is just Mayweather BS to try to screw around with Pac-man. Anyway who knows if the fight will happen or not, like I said earlier I didnt get my hopes up at all you could just see something like this happening. If this doesnt happen its cause of Mayweather.
    Mayweather is scared of losing. I can't wait until they actually fight and he gets knocked out. I'm not a huge boxing fan but I reallly hate Mayweather and his douchey entourage.

I can't wait until people realize AGAIN that Mayweather is the best P4P we have right now.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    Mayweather is scared of losing. I can't wait until they actually fight and he gets knocked out. I'm not a huge boxing fan but I reallly hate Mayweather and his douchey entourage.
    And agreed, with everything said here by both of you, I dont think Pac-Man is on anythng at all, it's just Mayweather's way of trying to start shit, and trying to get into Pac-man's head.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-23-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Pac-Man is saying if Mayweather does not drop the Olympic style blood testing by Thursday (tomorrow) then the fight will not happen
    I'm with Pac-man here. If he wasn't agreeing to any testing, I wouldn't, but Floyd asking for Olympic style testing is a bit much. (scaredy cat Floyd)

Sounds like its off. Can't find an article but I just heard it on the news.

Sounds like its off. Can't find an article but I just heard it on the news.
    Sounds like they are still trying to work this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4768830

Pac is planning on filing a defamation lawsuit.
    http://tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=303587
    Fuck Mayweather and his crew. They have ruined what was going to be a fight badly needed by the dying sport of boxing.

Good for Pac-Man, Mayweather needs to drop all the pre-school games and just fight him, enough of the BS.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Everyone can say whatever they want, but Pacquiao just walked away from $30+ million dollars because he "has a superstition" about needles...

If that doesn't raise a red flag I don't know what does. The only reason people are willing to side with Pac-Man here is because Mayweather is such a villain. If this was the other way around, and Pac-Man was asking for the tests and Mayweather walked away, the entire boxing world would be blasting him as a cheater or a pussy.

Pac-Man walked away because he didn't want certain drug testing. That's pretty damning, as Mayweather's camp repeatedly said : "What's he going to do, walk away from 30 million because of a needle?"

He just did. That's pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Everyone can say whatever they want, but Pacquiao just walked away from $30+ million dollars because he "has a superstition" about needles...

If that doesn't raise a red flag I don't know what does. The only reason people are willing to side with Pac-Man here is because Mayweather is such a villain. If this was the other way around, and Pac-Man was asking for the tests and Mayweather walked away, the entire boxing world would be blasting him as a cheater or a pussy.

Pac-Man walked away because he didn't want certain drug testing. That's pretty damning, as Mayweather's camp repeatedly said : "What's he going to do, walk away from 30 million because of a needle?"

He just did. That's pitiful.
    I'll ask this again. How long does HGH stay in the system? Pac Man has come out and said he'll give blood,

Arum said frequent urine testing is sufficient in the final 30 days to prevent either fighter from using performance-enhancing drugs. He said Pacquiao is willing to submit blood samples in early January, in mid-February around 30 days prior to the fight and then again in the locker room immediately upon conclusion of the fight.
    Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Now I'm not a scientist by any means but I'd be shocked if HGH stayed in the system for less than a month.

Mayweather should stop insisting on this unprecidented testing. Only then will this fight have any chance of occuring.

Mayweather should stop insisting on this unprecidented testing. Only then will this fight have any chance of occuring.
    OR, barring him having something to hide, Manny Pacquiao should say "Well, I've got over $30 million and a chance to cement my legacy as the best boxer from this time period riding on this...if you want olympic blood testing, which can't possibly affect a person badly as many olympic testers have said, PLUS olympic athletes go through it already...then let's do it and have this huge mega fight."

The bottom line in this is, Manny Pacquiao walked away from this fight and $30 million because of a drug test.

That looks really bad.

Oh, by the way, not to bring MMA into a boxing thread...but I feel like this is worth noting now.

Everyone always complains about how Dana White controls the UFC with an iron fist. This is an absolutely perfect showcase of why that's necessary.

The thing about fighting is, if you leave control up to the fighters and their camps, they always have a vested interest in how the fight gets made, where it occurs, and what happens, because it's their livelihoods you're putting at risk.

In UFC, Dana holds control of all the fighters, and he dictates fights. It has nothing to do with people who hold a stake in the fight, Dana organizes fights fans want to see. And that's why the UFC, and MMA in general, is in such better shape right now than boxing. Because it's run by one guy that organizes the fights fans want to see. Boxing is a joke, everyone ducks each other.

How superstitious or afraid of needles can you be if you have several tattoos????? It really looks like he is afraid fo the drug test. I can stand Mayweather and at first thought it was him being his usual ignorant ass, but the more Pacquaio ducks this drug shit the worse it looks for him

This is all hype for when they inevitably fight.....just making sure everyone knows about it by being in the news!

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Good for Pac-Man, Mayweather needs to drop all the pre-school games and just fight him, enough of the BS.
    Take a drug test, Manny.

Before the Ricky Hatton fight 24/7 show on HBO, Manny was shown taking blood 2 weeks before the fight.. Arum is currently trying to verify this claim by PBF's camp, and if so, will ask Manny to move his hesistance on blood testing from 30 days before the fight to 14 days - it didn't seem to bother him against Ricky, so PBF should be happy with a middle ground.

Not sure what the hoopla is about since Manny has already agreed to get blood tested immediately after the fight.. anything in his system 14 days before and during the fight will show up on the post-fight test.

NSAC has mandated that both fighters provide urine samples by Wednesday to confirm they are both clean right as of this moment.

Innocent until proven guilty..
    Last edited by chadw01; 12-29-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadw01 View Post
    Before the Ricky Hatton fight 24/7 show on HBO, Manny was shown taking blood 2 weeks before the fight.. Arum is currently trying to verify this claim by PBF's camp, and if so, will ask Manny to move his hesistance on blood testing from 30 days before the fight to 14 days - it didn't seem to bother him against Ricky, so PBF should be happy with a middle ground.

Not sure what the hoopla is about since Manny has already agreed to get blood tested immediately after the fight.. anything in his system 14 days before and during the fight will show up on the post-fight test.

NSAC has mandated that both fighters provide urine samples by Wednesday to confirm they are both clean right as of this moment.

Innocent until proven guilty..

Fight is off.

Boo

Shame that Manny couldn't sack up. It's just blood getting drawn.
    Last edited by dw13; 01-07-2010 at 12:18 AM.

My view is Mayweather got exactly what he wanted. He got out of the fight. He doesnt want any part of Pacquiao.

My view is Mayweather got exactly what he wanted. He got out of the fight. He doesnt want any part of Pacquiao.
    But all Pac had to do was take some blood tests to proof he's clean..?

This looks bad on Pac's part..... skipping out on the largest fight of his career over a drug test?!?!? I would not say its that d-bag Floyd ducking the fight but rather Pacquiao.

They are both tools - Pac for not agreeing and Floyd for being a mindgame bitch through all of this. Weak.

My bet is the fight is back on within a few months....they are just hyping this like crazy as boxing needs the hype.

This is what I was thinking as well.

Everyone will have a different view. I mean its not like Pac didnt want to take any drug tests at all he even was going to do it 10-14 days out but Mayweather wouldnt back down and for that Pacquiao wasnt going to give into Mayweather.

Thread Information