Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Didn't mind how it ended, but couldn't they have done that at last season's finale?

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    Didn't mind how it ended, but couldn't they have done that at last season's finale?
    Yup.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member First Liner
    Looking forward to next season after that ending. Happy that they are bringing that storyline forward.

I found this week's episode to be very good - definitely much better than the first two. Maybe there's hope for this season after all.

and I'm 99% sure that Dr. Gellar (Olmos) is going to turn out to be a figment of Colin Hanks' character's mind, just like Harry is for Dexter.
    good call!

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    wait for the new season is almost over!
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I dont have the channel. Can i stream this show? Started watching a few seasons ago and now of course im hooked. I dont watch much TV but this shit is a twisted mix of insanity humour and bad bad acting.....but pretty decent writing. Usually i only like movies that are plaisible but i found it pretty easy to let the imagination flow with this series. Thanks for any help....id rather not DL but will if i must. (lazy fker over here LOL)
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    usually you can find streams that pop up a few days after a show airs. the quality can vary though
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar

I have been saying this for the past few seasons- Every time you look somebody up in TECS, NCIC, or any other law enforcement computer database you have to enter an individual user ID and password and big brother keeps close tabs on that shit- people get fired for looking up friends, neighbors, etc. I am sure a pattern of missing people that keep showing up as being viewed by Dexter Morgan would raise more than a few flags (I understand this is fiction and Hollywood style entertainment and not reality or else it would be boring). It looked like Laguerta was cross referencing a list of victims off something that could be a history of searches from a database. If so I am sure that they wont be able to trace it to individual users, etc.

This season started off so well that I was getting excited that Dexter might be back to old form... but these last 2 episodes really concern me. I hate Dexter caring about his love life and wanting to connect with someone. This new chick, while exponentially more attractive than the others, is more of the same old "maybe she can accept the true me" BS.

I just wish they'd stick with the Issac/Russian mafia storyline and drop the forced romanticism. The scene with Issac where Dexter told him exactly how he killed Victor was everything this season should be about. Even the Laguerta stuff is mildly interesting... and I suspect she's going to figure out the truth by the end of the season.

Horrible episode. I'm very close to hating this season now.

Agreed. I'm not exactly sure how Dexter show-runners made me hate seeing Yvonne Strahovski on my TV since after Chuck I'd have watched her read a phone book for an hour. Was thrilled when she was announced as joining the cast, but it's the exact same fucking thing they've rehashed with several different female guest stars now...I'm tired. I'm also over the main story, there is no reason to make Isaac fucking Superman like they did when he walked into a room full of armed gangsters and was matrix-dodging them and killed everyone, then went to jail and twisted one dude's arm and the entire jail decided to leave him alone.

The Dexter/Debra dynamic is keeping me hanging by a thread, but after a good start to the season, I'm right back to hate-watching it again...if it doesn't change by year's end I'm officially done with the show. Too much good TV right now to waste time watching the same fucking thing and hating myself over and over again.

So, when I wrote that last post I hadn't caught up to the most recent episode, so I didn't know they went back to the incest angle again(I know it's not "technically" incest, please spare me that argument if anyone intends on writing that) - I'll float around to the end of the season because there is one, and only one way that they can save this season and the show at this point. This isn't a spoiler obviously because it's just my idea of where they would take this season if they were smart...

Season finale - Dexter kills Debra.

That is the only way this show becomes salvageable at this point.

Yeah theres a little too much drama not enough kills LOL. The acting has always been sub par but the writing has always been decent. Ill watch regardless tho. (its one of two shows i keep up with)

Im wondering if Debra doesnt do some killing soon...

Does anybody else think Deb poisoned herself to "Keep Dexter safe"? This season is far better than last season

Far better than the last 2 seasons IMO (mostly because the women are so much hotter this season), but still just ok. Actually, kind of comical now how the writers are being so lazy with the various story lines (Quinn's stripper, Angel's restaurant, Hanna's father, etc.)

but yes, I think deb did it to herself because she realized that was the only way to turn Dex against Hanna.

as for the finale, "Surprise, Motherfucker" -- who thinks Doakes (or Ghost Doakes) makes a reappearance? I think he'll be there as a flashback/dream but at this point who knows? This show has gone so downhill and bizarre that it seems anything goes.

Hanna would have killed Deb if she wanted to. Not sure if she did it to herself but Debs character has been better this season. The story lines are short and sweet but youre right...anything goes

The last two seasons have been such an abortion. This show fell so hard from the top. Seasons 1 and 4 were absolutely incredible though.

Any predictions? I think Zack may end up killing Dexter in one of the final episodes

However they end it, I hope to god that it segues into this:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/board/nest/216519907

If you're a Dexter fan and sad about the show's final season starting up this Sunday, then we may have good news: Showtime has confirmed exclusively to us that actor David Zayas has been scooped up for a spin-off series featuring his character, Angel Batista, set to go into production spring 2014. The program, pitched as a 30-minute format with "more emphasis on humor," will cover the retired detective's struggles to operate his Miami-based restaurant, a subplot hinted at toward the end of Dexter's previous season. Our source claims the upcoming final season will further establish this storyline, as a way of properly seguing into the spin-off. Showtime has confirmed that there will be an initial order of 10 episodes. No word on whether Michael C. Hall or other cast members will be appearing on the show (our guess is no), but a reliable source indicates Cheech Marin is in talks for an unspecified role, and Desmond Harrington, who currently portrays the troubled Joey Quinn on Dexter, will be returning to his character in the program as a line chef. What this indicates about the future of his character's career as a detective on the final season of Dexter is interesting, to say the least. Is he going to lose his job? I guess we'll find out starting this Sunday at 9pm.

Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    lol

Wish he was introduced a bit earlier this season... not sure why Dr. Vogel would volunteer this info to Dex.

"Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    This season is boring as shit. It's unfortunate because it airs the same night as both the Newsroom and Breaking Bad.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show has been on the decline the past few seasons, but it seems like no one gives a shit anymore. This is without a doubt the worst season of them all. Too bad they're going out on such a sour note.

Since I simply don't care enough to preserve the surprise...I stumbled upon what is supposedly spoilers for the end of the season.

Sorry to break this to anyone who still cares/has any hope: This season is going to get so, so much worse by the end if these were accurate.

Part of me literally can't believe they're real they're that bad...but they also seemed real.

We shall see...

Yeah, I've also read what's supposedly going to happen in the finale and it's so awful that it's the perfect way to end the series. I'm excited.

Why doesn't Hannah change her appearance AT ALL? A wig, hair dye, makeup, hair cut.... you know, anything.

Yeah, I've also read what's supposedly going to happen in the finale and it's so awful that it's the perfect way to end the series. I'm excited.
    Was it the same ending you were expecting? Because ya it was pretty bad... well... an easy way out instead of a dramatic finish.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Was it the same ending you were expecting? Because ya it was pretty bad... well... an easy way out instead of a dramatic finish.
    I read three of the supposedly-leaked endings and this one was probably the least offensive. The others had Matthews revealing that he was behind it all, Quinn taking over for Dexter as Miami's serial killer-killer & the best/worst of all -- the series ending on a long shot of Harrison with a creepy "I'm going to be just like Daddy" look. But Dexter faking his death, leaving his son to be raised by a murderer in a foreign country, and starting up a new identity as some kind of lumberjack? awesome!

But beside the actual ending, the whole thing was just lazy all around... I don't have the energy to detail it all out, but the online reviews are pretty (and deservedly) brutal. Did anyone catch the obvious shot of the doll that was used for baby Harrison?

ya basically at the end of the finale I was like "WTF?!" - pretty obvious the writers just want to wrap it up and get it over with. Huge letdown. The only scene I enjoyed was Dexter pulling the plug on Deb, only because of the good acting by Hall. But then I was puzzled on how easy it was for him to move a body in a hospital onto a boat, without anyone questioning... WTF?

A lot of possible ending but this one was just too lazy.

And yes.. the baby doll... another WTF...

Thread Information