Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Dexter

Any fans? Just started watching it late last season and I'm completely hooked now. A serial killer who works as a CSI dude and stalks other serial killers - great premise and a very well-made show. I've been trying to catch up on back seasons when I get the chance - great stuff.

I'm dying to read this thread...but I haven't seen any of this season yet so I am not looking...but I will when I have!

Elixir of the Mongoose First Liner Dexter's Avatar
    lol, obviously i'm a big fan.

the current season has been pretty amazing - some definitely shocking moments.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 3BN, 1IR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samurai Stickhandler All-Star toronto1979's Avatar
    I have been following this series on DVD since it first came out. I'm all caught up to s3 now. And i'll watch s4 once its on DVD (I don't get Showtime and cannot be bothered to download).

I also have the first 2 books of the series. I've read the first one and it deviates from the season. So if you've seen the show, do not be afraid to read the books as well.

I plan to start reading the 2nd book soon.
    12 Team Keep-10 League - Silver

16 Team All Categories - 5th

18 Team Office Pool - Gold

ok, so since we have a couple of fans here:

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post

Last edited by Dexter; 10-30-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Yahoo! Hockey 12-Team H2H Auction League 7:4 (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, GWG, W, SV%, GAA, SO)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member First Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by toronto1979 View Post
    I have been following this series on DVD since it first came out. I'm all caught up to s3 now. And i'll watch s4 once its on DVD (I don't get Showtime and cannot be bothered to download).

I also have the first 2 books of the series. I've read the first one and it deviates from the season. So if you've seen the show, do not be afraid to read the books as well.

I plan to start reading the 2nd book soon.
    The second and third books are completely different from the series, very good reads imo.

I just got the latest book (the fourth) but still have to read it.

This is by far my favourite show on tv right now, always the first one my wife and I watch of our pvr'ed shows (ahead of mad men, ncis, criminal minds etc.)

who do you think killed Lundy? Unlike Dexter, I don't think it's Trinity - doesn't seem like his MO, he's all about ritual. I think it's somehow related to Quinn or the reporter.
    knew it wasn't Trinity. Still think it comes back to Quinn somehow - he's a dirty cop. But that reporter is awfully short, isn't she? hmm...

The relationship btwn Trinity & "Kyle" has gotten extremely complicated now. Can Dexter kill Kyle and his newfound fame along with Trinity?

John Lithgow is playing Trinity brilliantly, btw.... a superficially normal guy that snaps at the drop of a hat to become a totally different person, only to come back down just as quickly. the previews for next week look intense.
    Last edited by ih8music; 11-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.

just gotta say - and I don't care if I'm talking to myself at this point - last night's episode of Dexter was fantastic. Twilight Zone-esque tension throughout, and those last 2 words of dialog just floored me. Can't wait for next week.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    This season had me at Lithgow's performance, but goddamn was last night's episode amazing.

really can't wait for Sunday's finale...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYd8NIksGPU"]YouTube- Dexter Season 4 Episode 12 Trailer[/ame]

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    i've watched bits and pieces but i'm pretty excited as well lol
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

Umm.... HOLY SHIT!

indeed....everything is like a loop......are they planning to have another season?
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

Fitting end to an amazing season. Holy shit was that intense... and then Rita, damn. I was finally starting to relax and process all that went on - and then boom.

Note that Dexter doesn't have an alibi for that time period. Wonder if that's gonna come back to get him.

And yes, there will be at least another season. I've heard rumors that MCH (Dexter) wants it to be the final season - and there's certainly enough going on to bring the series to a (bloody) close.

Just freaking amazing show. Asking Santa for seasons 1-3 on DVD.

Note that Dexter doesn't have an alibi for that time period. Wonder if that's gonna come back to get him.
    nice catch.....my guess is that debra will probably think that dexter replicated what happened to him

Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    nice catch.....my guess is that debra will probably think that dexter replicated what happened to him
    Even though the killing perfectly matched Trinity's ritualization?

ahh forgot about that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Even though the killing perfectly matched Trinity's ritualization?
    Not a perfect match - it was supposed to be a young, unmarried female in the bathtub. The mother of two (not 3) was the second kill, and she's supposed to fall to her death. I also wouldn't put it past Trinity to have done something else obviously different while killing Rita.

I think Dexter's planting of Trinity's DNA at the trucker's house is going to be his downfall. I can see the dept doing an internal investigation, where the focus will be on him and Masuka. Masuka knows about Rita's "affair" with the neighbor. Quinn already suspects that Dexter is up to something. And Deb will figure out that this isn't really a classic Trinity kill (along with her new knowledge of who Dexter really is and what he witnessed as a kid).

I can see all of this leading to Dexter being a person of interest in Rita's death... and the fact that he doesn't have an alibi at all is going to be a problem.
    Last edited by ih8music; 12-14-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Damn. Nice call. That would be interesting.

It also just dawned on me that Dexter doesn't have to call the police. In fact, given that he has no alibi, he shouldn't. He's going to have to clean up the kill scene, get rid of her body, and make it look like she abandoned Dexter & the kids.

I don't think that saves him from scrutiny, though... only delays it. He & Masuka will be pitted against each other w/ the DNA investigation, and Rita suddenly missing is still going to be tough to explain.

And then there's the fact that Batista saw Dexter talking to Trinity at the station. They didn't really allude to this after they ID'd Trinity, but I wonder if Angel will suddenly remember that and they'll dig up surveillance video showing Dexter having a conversation with (and then following) Trinity out of the station.

So many things that can happen next season... can they just start it already?

out of curiosity when does the next season start?

Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    out of curiosity when does the next season start?
    I read somewhere in 9 months, but I haven't seen anything official about season 5.

btw, here's an extended version of the interview they aired after the finale last night.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/interview.do

shit that is a long time lol

Wow, I can honestly say I saw that coming! (watched the last season over the last week)

I thought it would be Rita and the kids though, so I am happy it was just Rita. Dexter's got some 'splaining to do!!

I was wondering if there was a chance Rita off'ed herself. I am trying to think when Trinity had time to kill her....although it explains why he was in such good spirit while driving the Mustang out of town before Dexter got him.

Crazy shit!!

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Just started season 1 last night. I am only 1 episode in but I heard so many good things. Hope it delivers !

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    Just started season 1 last night. I am only 1 episode in but I heard so many good things. Hope it delivers !
    It will

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bong Beer Pants View Post
    If you don't like it we can't be friends.

I didn't like it at first and actually stopped watching it...thought it was creepy. Then, during the Writer's strike, they had it on ABC and I got into it....now I like it quite a lot.

California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    I am digging it so far. It is a little creepy but in an intriguing way. Dexter is hot. I am barely 2 episodes in. I also like how they have 2 of the actors who used to air in HBO's series OZ. So far so good!

Thread Information