Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Trade chat

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    I like that Pittsburgh got Ludwick/Lee, and I like that Pittsburgh are in post season potential conversations. Boston gaining Bedard at the deadline is eh... Mike Adams heading to Texas is San Diego dumping cleaning house, although the big surprise is Heath Bar Bell stays in San Diego. Ubaldo going to Cleveland is a shock, too!!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Killah View Post
    Ubaldo going to Cleveland is a shock, too!!!
    The shock was that it was Cleveland. I'm happy to see him go there though, hope he, and the Tribe do well

The Rockies fan in me was thinking: "wow, we traded an MLB ace for basically three guys who we hope could one day be as good as the guy we traded for." But the baseball analyst in me knows it's a good deal. I would have liked to see us get a good hitting prospect, but know one was in the market to deal one. And I think we're trying to build a solid, young staff, and with the guys we already have in the minors I could see us making some moves in the offseason to make some more deals

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    The shock was that it was Cleveland. I'm happy to see him go there though, hope he, and the Tribe do well

The Rockies fan in me was thinking: "wow, we traded an MLB ace for basically three guys who we hope could one day be as good as the guy we traded for." But the baseball analyst in me knows it's a good deal. I would have liked to see us get a good hitting prospect, but know one was in the market to deal one. And I think we're trying to build a solid, young staff, and with the guys we already have in the minors I could see us making some moves in the offseason to make some more deals
    Exactly... Word was the NYY was in on the bidding for Ubaldo and Boston made a minor inquiry for him, but it was Cleveland who came out on top.

Pomeranz has the potential to be a solid arm in the Rockies rotation. Alex White will be good too. Gardner may only get called up on an as needed basis and work the middle innings at that. Who knows... Maybe he'll get his game together. Didn't they also pick up a 1st base prospect?? I thought they got McBride, too??
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Yes Network is reporting the Yanks have traded for Ichiro.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Yes Network is reporting the Yanks have traded for Ichiro.
    My wife just told me that. Interesting.

$24mm/yr for Hamels! WTF???

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Philly had to pay him, if not the Dodgers would have in the off season.

Seems the Dodgers are in on everyone. They just got Hanley now it sounds like they are after about three or four more big names. The are the Yanks of the west with their $$$ now.

I guess so, that just seems to be $4-6mm+ more than he would warrant.

Phillies trade Victorino to the Dodgers and are close to dealing Pence to the Giants.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Dempster to Rangers, Victorino to Dodgers, Pence confirmed to Giants, McGehee to Yankees.

Thread Information