Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Open

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar

US Open

It's early I know, but thru 7 Mike Weir is leading with a -4, he's looking really good today.

Wish it didn't rain like it did.. these scores are too high for Bethpage Black and the Open.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Wish it didn't rain like it did.. these scores are too high for Bethpage Black and the Open.
    Agreed although the scores will come back a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Agreed although the scores will come back a little.
    Needs to not rain at all anymore so it can dry out.. and I've heard more rain at sometime this weekend.

Needs to not rain at all anymore so it can dry out.. and I've heard more rain at sometime this weekend.
    I am close enough that I can vouch for the "more rain in the forecast". I am referencing the fact that we usually have some players that come out of the gate fast. There are obviously more than usual but they could always let the rough grow a little more with the added rain. Even if they didn't want to, there are ways that they can toughen up the golf course.

Yeah I heard they are calling for alot tomorrow as well.

Weir still kick some as so far.

I am close enough that I can vouch for the "more rain in the forecast". I am referencing the fact that we usually have some players that come out of the gate fast. There are obviously more than usual but they could always let the rough grow a little more with the added rain. Even if they didn't want to, there are ways that they can toughen up the golf course.
    Forgot your up there, so there is rain in the forecast?

The course is going to get tougher regardless, pressure mounts and it instantly is harder. I do agree with you about the rough and all though.

Its a good leaderboard at this point though, I just don't like the scoring.

Great 1st round for Weir -6 (64).

Forgot your up there, so there is rain in the forecast?

The course is going to get tougher regardless, pressure mounts and it instantly is harder. I do agree with you about the rough and all though.

Its a good leaderboard at this point though, I just don't like the scoring.
    Looks like rain tomorrow and then decent on Sunday before another possible rainfall. I don't mind red numbers.......for now. Let me see Weir or someone else be 10-12 under after 2 rounds. Then, I'll worry. I guess that they could also get creative with some pin positions. What really troubles me is watching guys stop their balls on the green like any other tour stop.

Looks like rain tomorrow and then decent on Sunday before another possible rainfall. I don't mind red numbers.......for now. Let me see Weir or someone else be 10-12 under after 2 rounds. Then, I'll worry. I guess that they could also get creative with some pin positions. What really troubles me is watching guys stop their balls on the green like any other tour stop.
    That is that damn rain

That is that damn rain
    I know. I was hoping that softer fairways would curtail that a little but no dice. The rain in the tri-state area has been insane.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    They'll take care of the greens tomorrow I'm sure and double cut and roll em. It'll be fine. You can't deny Weir had a great round of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    They'll take care of the greens tomorrow I'm sure and double cut and roll em. It'll be fine. You can't deny Weir had a great round of golf.
    He played awesome on the course as it is right now. He was smacking the rescue club all day long, but then again it was slapping on the green and not moving a lick.. something that shouldn't happen on these greens.

Weir has a legit shot though here as long as he keeps his head together. I think he will hang around.

He sure did, he could very easy be a -7 or 8 right now.

How about Duval at -3.

For my pool at work we had to pick 10 golfers. 7 have to make the cut and your top 7 scores are added and the lowest total obviously wins. I have:

Tiger Woods
    Phil Mickelson
    Adam Scott
    Padraig Harrington
    Rory McIlroy
    Sergio Garcia
    Sean O'Hair
    Anthony Kim
    Jim Furyk
    Geoff Ogilvy

How about Duval at -3.

For my pool at work we had to pick 10 golfers. 7 have to make the cut and your top 7 scores are added and the lowest total obviously wins. I have:

Tiger Woods
    Phil Mickelson
    Adam Scott
    Padraig Harrington
    Rory McIlroy
    Sergio Garcia
    Sean O'Hair
    Anthony Kim
    Jim Furyk
    Geoff Ogilvy
    Pretty cool pool and I like your picks outside of McIlory. Risky on Scott with the way he has been playing but looks to pay off right now.

Solid set of guys.

Pretty cool pool and I like your picks outside of McIlory. Risky on Scott with the way he has been playing but looks to pay off right now.

Solid set of guys.
    I've been high on McIlroy because I followed him throughout his European career. He's going to be a great player. Plus, I can afford some risky picks with only the top 7 being counted..

The only thing is, I work at a golf course so everyone knows their stuff haha.

I've been high on McIlroy because I followed him throughout his European career. He's going to be a great player. Plus, I can afford some risky picks with only the top 7 being counted..

The only thing is, I work at a golf course so everyone knows their stuff haha.
    Not tough to pick 10, honestly. Knowing golf or not. McIlory is a solid little kid, but that translates bad to a US Open, honestly. Good solid picks though.

Not tough to pick 10, honestly. Knowing golf or not. McIlory is a solid little kid, but that translates bad to a US Open, honestly. Good solid picks though.
    No I know aha, but some strategy/knowledge comes into picking for the US Open. I mean, you want guys that are long but accurate off the tee, and guys that have good recovery games.

Looks like they're expecting darkness to settle around 8:30, meaning there's going to be a long day for a lot of guys tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds off, although its looking like it won't, and they can get everything finished and save Sunday for the final round.

No I know aha, but some strategy/knowledge comes into picking for the US Open. I mean, you want guys that are long but accurate off the tee, and guys that have good recovery games.

Looks like they're expecting darkness to settle around 8:30, meaning there's going to be a long day for a lot of guys tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds off, although its looking like it won't, and they can get everything finished and save Sunday for the final round.
    Lets hope man

2010 US open

Weir is leading right now -2 through 17.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Weir is leading right now -2 through 17.
    Not picking on you although it may sound like it...

Do you feel stupid yet for giving Mike Weir updates?

This is a HUGE pet peeve I have in this country. Not to bring up school again because apparantly every time I do nowadays I get shit on, but it's been drilled into us at school that any golf update needs to have Mike Weir in it because he's such a big deal up here. News editors want him in there because so many Canadians care so much about what he's doing.

He won the Masters. In 2003. He's won ONE tournament in 6 years now. He is nothing in the PGA tour.

Can we please give it a rest? Never before has an athlete been so over-rated.
    Last edited by CayugaPosse; 06-18-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post

This is a HUGE pet peeve I have in this country. Not to bring up school again because apparantly every time I do nowadays I get shit on, but it's been drilled into us at school that any golf update needs to have Mike Weir in it because he's such a big deal up here. News editors want him in there because so many Canadians care so much about what he's doing.

He won the Masters. In 2003. He's won ONE tournament in 6 years now. He is nothing in the PGA tour.

Nope not at all, I like seeing how he's doing, good or bad.

Personally I think he's a pretty damn good golfer and a good representative on tour for Canada. Seems pretty logical to me to include the top Canadian on tour in any Canadian golf reports or the like.

IT won't happen until another Canadian golfer reaches his success. No, Stephen Ames doesn't count. WHy the beef with him anyway? It's not like he's going out there and missing the cut each week. He's going out there and putting in solid results.

Who knows, maybe your wish will come true sooner than later. Prior to turning pro, Matt Hill was the number one ranked collegiate player in the US.

Yeah, I don't get Cayuga's hate of Weir

But 24, you must of jinxed him! 79 yesterday and an 83 today! eeeek!

Yeah, I don't get Cayuga's hate of Weir

But 24, you must of jinxed him! 79 yesterday and an 83 today! eeeek!
    Haha, more like it was the Thursday of a major. Weir's always near the top I find.

Yeah he's not doing so good now, haha.

I love the West Coast thing. Being able to lay down on the couch and flick on the Open is awesome

I just got in not long ago, missed most of it today, going out again soon as well, will have to read about it later.

Thread Information