Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1520
    I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    OOO, I know nothing about DA:1 but I soo soo need a new game to play. Is it a type of game that you level up a character? what is the multiplayer like? give me some reasons to buy it!!

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy19 View Post
    OOO, I know nothing about DA:1 but I soo soo need a new game to play. Is it a type of game that you level up a character? what is the multiplayer like? give me some reasons to buy it!!
    It's an RPG, so yes there's character levels and progression. There is a 4-player co-op multiplayer mode, but it's more an afterthought. If you play a Dragon Age game, it should be for the single-player.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    It's an RPG, so yes there's character levels and progression. There is a 4-player co-op multiplayer mode, but it's more an afterthought. If you play a Dragon Age game, it should be for the single-player.
    Yeah I tried the multiplayer but didn't care for it. I love the single player mode of this game though.

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Maybe I'll check it out then, nothing is holding my attention these days.

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy19 View Post

I actually heard the co-op is super fun, but as Hamster said, 95% of the reason for buying should be single player.

In addition to Hamster's post, it's just an incredibly vast, wide-open world that you're free to explore as you please. It's easy to get lost for hours on side missions (Like Skyrim). Your party members are well-scripted and entertaining and they fight well for themselves, so you can get heavily into the combat or let them handle most of the work and do the exploring.

If you've ever enjoyed games like Skyrim or Neverwinter Knights, this kind of fuses the best of all of those. The main appeal is it's polish. It's just so huge and so full, there is more to do than I can ever imagine, seemingly well over 120+ hours of gameplay available. And it somehow never gets boring or repetitive. Even the environments are incredibly varied. It's just a staggeringly huge game that doesn't sacrifice quality to achieve that.

About 25 hours into DA:I and I can't imagine getting even close to finishing this game. I haven't even cleared 2 zones fully, and there's over 12. This game seems bigger than Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    About 25 hours into DA:I and I can't imagine getting even close to finishing this game. I haven't even cleared 2 zones fully, and there's over 12. This game seems bigger than Skyrim.
    It's a huge game but trust me it goes by faster than you think. I'm about 80 hours into and I only have 2 zones left. It's getting a little depressing. I'm playing as a Mage this run. I may play again after on a harder level as a different class, just not sure if it will be Rogue or Warrior. What class did you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    It's a huge game but trust me it goes by faster than you think. I'm about 80 hours into and I only have 2 zones left. It's getting a little depressing. I'm playing as a Mage this run. I may play again after on a harder level as a different class, just not sure if it will be Rogue or Warrior. What class did you choose?
    A 2h Warrior. I got majorly lucky and got one of the best swords you could craft when I was only lvl 5 and still in the Hinterlands. It's the blue tier2 greatsword, and I had some t2 metal sitting around, so I've had a 240 DPS weapon since lvl 5 lol. I had to switch it to hard because I was just charging and killing everything in 1 hit.

Hard is not too difficult as a Warrior. I do die really quick so my armor isn't keeping up. Sword+shield has a lot of good abilities but I've had -no- luck what so ever with 1h maces/swords/axes or even any good recipes there (Still nothing better than the "of the dragon" BS).

I actually control the mage in my party often and make her my second priority to gear and what-not. I have a lot of fun with that class. Fire Glyph is insane damage. Rogues haven't interest me but I've only used the ranged ones. They just don't seem as fun as Mages. I'm sure a Stealth/dagger Rogue is insane damage, that class in any RPG is always the highest single target (boss) dmg. I'll probably play as Cole a bit and figure out if I like that play style. Otherwise I'll be making a Mage next.

Just killed my first Dragon in the Hinterlands! What a rush. I thought I was suicide running and sure enough I barely managed to kill it with 2 party members dead and 0 potions left.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-24-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Hahahaha....killing your first dragon is the best feeling ever!! I love downed about 5 so far including all 3 high dragons. There is just so much to do in this game I love every second of it. I really think the addition of the War Room was a fantastic idea. Just wait until you move on from Haven to Skyhold that's when it gets real interesting! It's also when you get to choose your specialization. As a Mage I chose Knigh-Enchanter which basically makes me a Warrior than can cast spells and you get the most OP skill in the game, Spirit Blades.

Hahahaha....killing your first dragon is the best feeling ever!! I love downed about 5 so far including all 3 high dragons. There is just so much to do in this game I love every second of it. I really think the addition of the War Room was a fantastic idea. Just wait until you move on from Haven to Skyhold that's when it gets real interesting! It's also when you get to choose your specialization. As a Mage I chose Knigh-Enchanter which basically makes me a Warrior than can cast spells and you get the most OP skill in the game, Spirit Blades.
    Yeah, it's crazy addictive and crazy difficult to turn the game off and not do 1 more quest. I just moved to Skyhold, I wish I had done it sooner! Just killed my first highdragon and working towards my Reaver specialization, but I might just look it up so I don't waste half the game without a specialization, cause I have no idea where to get some of the materials.

I like the War Room a lot. I love that every time I think I'm out of stuff to do in there, I speak to a few people (Party members or just agents) and more options always seem to open up.

The voice acting is so on point, probably the best voice acting/lip syncing I've ever experienced in a game (The only competition is other Bioware games like Mass Effect). I find myself muting my music/TV often just to listen to the random conversations the companions have while questing. I used to just skip through the conversations in most RPGs and just get to the gameplay, but I'm just as fascinated by the story/chatter as I am the exploration/combat in Dragon Age.

I loved Knight-Enchanter in previous Dragon Age games (It was either in one or both, I forget). Super strong and I'll probably use the mage companion that can learn it (Hopefully its Vivienne as I hate the other mages).

Just got the next lvl blue greatsword schematic (T3) which is crazy because the T2 blue greatsword was my first t2 schematic, and this is my first t3. Seems like I'm getting really lucky, or maybe the game favors the loot to your play style? But I doubt that. Either way, I just made a 2h sword with 330 DPS at lvl 13 and I'm loving it lol.

Yes Vivienne is the Knight-Enchanter of the group (Dorian is a Necromancer and Solas is a Rift Mage). I don't like the schematics as I have gotten tons of purple weapons that are leaps and bounds better than anything I can build.

Yes Vivienne is the Knight-Enchanter of the group (Dorian is a Necromancer and Solas is a Rift Mage). I don't like the schematics as I have gotten tons of purple weapons that are leaps and bounds better than anything I can build.
    I know long-term the unique weapons are best but I've just gotten lucky with two recipes way ahead of my level in short time. No way am I supposed to be crafting T3 2handers with T3 metals at lvl 12. I know this because it was a suicide run through the Hissing Wastes to get the T3 metal I needed!

Right now the only purple 2h I've seen is like 193 DPS (220 with a rune) compared to 300 DPS (330 with rune) crafted sword

I also only craft the blue "rare" stuff, I tend to ignore the common crap.

Now how the hell am I supposed to decide on using my Dragon materials? Like the Leather, and Dragon bone, etc. You get so precious few for each kill I can't imagine myself actually using it!

I save the dragon stuff for my own character and didn't use it in the beginning but now that I've downed like 6 dragons (another one today) I have a good deal of it. But like I said, there is nothing that I can craft that is better than anything I have.

Thats funny about the Hissing Wastes as I just started that zone today. I ended up doing Emprise Du Lion a couple levels to low and that's how I got really good gear ahead of my level.

I save the dragon stuff for my own character and didn't use it in the beginning but now that I've downed like 6 dragons (another one today) I have a good deal of it. But like I said, there is nothing that I can craft that is better than anything I have.

Thats funny about the Hissing Wastes as I just started that zone today. I ended up doing Emprise Du Lion a couple levels to low and that's how I got really good gear ahead of my level.
    Interesting point. I guess I'm just gonna use my dragon materials now since by the time I save a bunch, I'll likely be lvl ~20 with better gear than I can craft.

It's crazy how long I spend on this game without one repeated experience. Everything is unique and so much fun. Every zone feels so distinctly different and makes me want to spend so much time running around appreciating the scenery. Even the enemy selection is pretty crazy diverse.

I agree it's such a huge world with so many different factions that you rarely ever see the same enemies in more than one zone except for demons since they are everywhere.

I agree it's such a huge world with so many different factions that you rarely ever see the same enemies in more than one zone except for demons since they are everywhere.

Honestly, I'm nearly in shock at this point. This game is so fucking good it just isn't fair. I don't know how I'll ever find another RPG fun again.

I couldn't get past hour 8 at Skyrim before I felt like I was out of fresh experiences and the game was just on repeat. I had already maxed out all weapons and armor (because Skyrim was a joke in that regard until many expansions came out) and the story quest only had about 3 hours left.

I'm now nearly 40 hours into DAI (I finally had a free weekend!) and I'm still not nearly halfway through either the entire game or all the story content. And a lot of games are equally big, but the difference is, I've still yet to play one session that didn't end with me thinking "Wow, this game somehow got even better than it was when I started tonight."

The sense of progression is so perfectly paced, it's just unfathomable that a non-MMO can possibly stay fresh for so long. Bioware has successfully made the funnest game of the last 10 years for me.

lol, I just got done with the Storm Coast red Lyrium cave, and I had a bad feeling when I ended up on "Dragon Island" but I decided to save the game and go exploring for a few minutes. As you can guess, Vinsomer made me his bitch in seconds! I've only killed lvl 12-15 dragons! He was 19 and I heard there's much stronger even.

The fact that I even open the game to mess around in the 2 hours I have to kill before work every morning is evidence enough that I'm getting hooked.
    Last edited by Kyle; 01-27-2015 at 07:31 AM.

So I beat Dragon Age last night...have to say the final fight was disappointing but the ending was good. I may replay it on a harder level as a Rogue or Warrior just not sure yet. I thought about trying multiplayer now too but I've never been that big into multiplayer games before.

So I beat Dragon Age last night...have to say the final fight was disappointing but the ending was good. I may replay it on a harder level as a Rogue or Warrior just not sure yet. I thought about trying multiplayer now too but I've never been that big into multiplayer games before.
    I thought the whole finale was pretty under-done as well but not too bad. Decent enough closure. The real fun was just getting there, anyway.

I heard the multiplayer wasn't too crazy.

I'll start a new dagger rogue sometime soon

One thing is for sure though, the story telling still hasn't approached Mass Effect 1/2. This is still the best ending in video game history (Skip to 17:50):

The final glimpse of all the reapers was automatic goosebumps for everybody the first time they played this.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-21-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    I seem to have a couple extra so -- NHL17 beta codes for Xbox One for anyone who wants them:

9RT9M-MP6X2-M9CFY-PX2C9-4GCWZ
    4KFF2-3KYGQ-QWPG4-2GHD6-66H2Z

I think it lasts until the 4th or 5th.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Thread Information