Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1520
    the gm ai is still fucking retarded. i'm getting ridiculous trade offers in my favor every other day. it's like they put too much weight into team needs/wants compared to actual value or something. also, injuries are so ridiculous if you're simming that i had to turn it off. each week that goes by at least 5 people get hurt, it just doesn't make sense that there's no slider to fix it.

also, borderlands 2 is as awesome as expected thus far.
    I don't like homer bias.

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    i need some faceoff help....used to win almost 60% total and pretty much 90% VS CPU in 12. but in 13 against CPU i can barely win more than 10 or 20% per game
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Planning on picking it up today... will be my first NHL game since they stopped development on PC.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Planning on picking it up today... will be my first NHL game since they stopped development on PC.
    I was going to pick up NHL 13 but every review I read said it was awful, so I went with Madden 13 which is really good this year. I really wanted hockey but I didn't feel like paying for it and it suck like everyone said.

Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    i need some faceoff help....used to win almost 60% total and pretty much 90% VS CPU in 12. but in 13 against CPU i can barely win more than 10 or 20% per game
    are you doing eashl or just versus? I think either way they lowered the faceoff stats a lot on tons of players, so even if you should win the faceoff with a guy with 50 faceoff stat, he probably won't beat someone with 70 very often. I haven't noticed any changes in the timing/mechanics.
    I don't like homer bias.

both (GMC and EASHL)....no grip definitely doesn't work much at all anymore. i've also set up as a grinder with 88 FO and still not able to consistently beat CPU
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

oh i never did no grip so can't comment on that i guess. i don't think you can expect to dominate the circle though unless your rating/timing is way better than the other guy's, it'd be nice if they told us the cpu's stats.
    I don't like homer bias.

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Wont bother with NHL 13 for a long time, Borderlands 2 is my new drug of choice

i don't think it's my timing either....i've been getting a little better. but against CPU's i am still struggling to win more than 25% while VS most humans i can win 50% or more >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Wont bother with NHL 13 for a long time, Borderlands 2 is my new drug of choice
    fuck man isn't it awesome? I've got 2 characters around lvl 17 going right now, maya and axton. waiting for another couple friends to get the game and i'll start with them as zero.
    I don't like homer bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja View Post
    fuck man isn't it awesome? I've got 2 characters around lvl 17 going right now, maya and axton. waiting for another couple friends to get the game and i'll start with them as zero.
    Yeah me and a buddy have been running 2 player since it released. We got 1 19 and 1 9 character each, I'm doing Zero and Axton. Zero is ridiculous, If I critical shot coming out of his special ability I hit upwards past 4-5k right now at lvl 19.

This is definitely one of the greatest games I've ever played. Ridiculously easy streamlined menu navigation, great mission structure, massive massive game world, incredible graphics, tight gunplay, and all the loot-fiesta nonsense that made people so addicted to Diablo 2 but in the context of a full-budget first person shooter. Perfect game for my tastes.

I also love how virtually no weapon effect is useless and no gimmick is underpowered. Half the loot in BL1 was unusable but BL2 has done an amazing job so far of balancing everything so that its all fairly useful. The weapon/shield/grenade mod affects are also infinitely more exciting cool. I have an Orange grenade mod thats cooler than anything I saw in BL1, already at lvl 19. Just a brilliant sequel all around.

And last but certainly not least, simply the best Co-op (Online or offline) action ever offered in video games. It'll be a very very long time years and years down the road before I'm officially done playing this game for good (Basically when Borderlands 3 comes out for the next gen).
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-24-2012 at 01:14 PM.

I can't wait until more of my friends get the game so I can start with zero. Once you get scorched earth on Axton it's a game changer, shit wrecks everything. I've mainly been doing him solo and Maya co-op just because of level difference with some of my friends, I agree that it's so much more balanced than the first.

The biggest gripe I have with the game is that it doesn't just out right tell you everything you need for the mission. It just sucks when I want to do a short one to level up or I just don't have the time for a long one and then it turns out it's like a 10 part quest. They hould have just broken it down so you turn in multiple short quests or have it show you each step, but have ??? show so it doesn't ruin anything for you. It's kind of unfortunate because it makes me think it's just a chore and filler when it happens in story quests, I keep finding myself just rushing past guys to get to the dialogue. Which, aside from that, the story has been stellar.
    I don't like homer bias.

Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    I've been hearing a lot of good (if not great) review on this game. I haven't played the first one yet. Should I go through the first one first before getting BL2?

"Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

The first one is awesome. It's not necessary, but the story will make a lot more sense. Like I said it's been great so far, but the main appeal is looting crazy amounts of ridiculous guns, customizing your characters attributes, blowing dudes up, etc.
    I don't like homer bias.

First game is awesome but no. Go straight to the second. So much better, and the story of the 1st game is borderline worthless. The second will make a bit more sense but its hardly tied into the first game at all (Aside from bringing back the previous playable characters who had no storyline anyway so you never needed to "know" them). Play the first game to appreciate it after (it is amazing) but go right to Borderlands 2 and get in on the fun at the peak of its hype.

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    My cousin has been bugging me to get BL2...after reading this I might have to (never played the first). Is multiplayer top notch?

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Quote Originally Posted by fancy19 View Post
    My cousin has been bugging me to get BL2...after reading this I might have to (never played the first). Is multiplayer top notch?
    That's how the game was designed to be played.

EDIT: Note that multiplayer is co-op for the most part.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; 09-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Curse of the Hamster

The flood of awesome games getting Kickstarted this year is really cool and all... but my wallet could use a short break.
    Curse of the Hamster

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    My wife got an Xbox 360 Kinect system a few weeks ago. Can we use it to play all 360 and 360 Kinect games? If so, I understand that the non-Kinect games would need to be played with the controller (or it appears that way to me). I don't think it will matter but she got the Star Wars special edition Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    My wife got an Xbox 360 Kinect system a few weeks ago. Can we use it to play all 360 and 360 Kinect games? If so, I understand that the non-Kinect games would need to be played with the controller (or it appears that way to me). I don't think it will matter but she got the Star Wars special edition Xbox.
    Yes Doc you can play ALL 360 games. If its a non Kinect game than you use the controller, if its a Kinect game you use Kinect. Some games give you the option of using either. The Star Wars bundle was the only reason I was going to get a 360 since I've never owned one and never wanted one. I love PS3 too much.

The Original K.I.N.G. Hall of Famer King_Killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    Yes Doc you can play ALL 360 games. If its a non Kinect game than you use the controller, if its a Kinect game you use Kinect. Some games give you the option of using either. The Star Wars bundle was the only reason I was going to get a 360 since I've never owned one and never wanted one. I love PS3 too much.
    BAM!!!
    The Best there is, The Best there was, The BEST THERE EVER WILL BE..... King Killah!

PM me for price quotes for signature space.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Thanks, Fly. Unfortunately, she uses the Kinect about as much as she uses my shlong so it's mainly collecting dust. Isn't there a cool sports game for the Kinect with lots of different sports?

Is anybody else getting a Wii U? No launch titles really jumped at me so I figured I'd just get gamefly and try em all, but I ended up getting ZombiU for now. Hitman comes out on Tuesday. Basically, I'm poor now.
    I don't like homer bias.

Nah, the Wiiu looks like horseshit to me. Nintendo is totally out of touch.

I don't know how you think Nintendo is out of touch when they outsell the shit out of competitors. The DS sold more than 360/ps3 combined. The only margins even close are North American game sales between wii/360. It's really not a contest for any other comparison.
    I don't like homer bias.

Nintendo has always been incredible in the handheld market. Let me revise, as far as consoles go they've totally fallen out of touch. They can pad their sales number by targeting unorthodox consumers but as far as actual gamers are concerned Nintendo isn't even in the console market anymore. Its a travesty at this point, the Wii-U is IMO flat-out ridiculous. Just my opinion. Nintendo used to be the trademark company for hardcore gamers to support. Now there isn't even a small list of reasons for a hardcore gamer to own a Nintendo console. Its a total waste of money beyond its casual intentions and theres nothing casual about that ridiculous touch screen controller. They have no sense of direction whatsoever in their odd crusade to innovate the way we play games. It looks like they've already shifted away all of the attention they were giving to motion gaming making the Wii a total failure to move the bar forward, and just an all-around cash cow for Nintendo. Now they're onto the Wii-U and Its all but a certainty this nonsense tablet-like touch screen integrating into console gaming will be a passing fad also.

Stop with the nonsense pseudo-innovation and quit lazily taking shortcuts around making powerful machines that compete with Sony and Microsoft. Every generation Nintendo dodges that competition just makes them more and more pussywhipped and less talented as console and video game developers as far as I'm concerned. They're like a football team that sells out every game despite going 3-13 every season. They have no respect critically despite the money they make.

Nintendo consoles have just turned into a joke. Kudos to them for realizing Sony and Microsoft's neglect of family, child-friendly gaming left a void in the market for them to capitalize on. Props for coming up with incredibly stupid, downright awkward controllers that don't improve on the Sony/Microsoft classic gamepads in anyway at all, but look cool on catalog photos and makes kids go nuts. They're brilliant from the business side of things but from a gamer's perspective, Nintendo is the industry's saddest story and a waste of time. Zelda and Mario are no longer worth the hundreds wasted on their shit consoles.

Last and far from least, another console of theirs with a terrible online structure is just downright shocking at this point and probably a hardcore gamer's biggest complaint with Nintendo consoles. 6 years later they're still tragically behind Microsoft/Sony.

I haven't heard a friend mention a wii game in over three years. Not once. They can claim all the sales in the world but until I build a social network of grandmas and infants, its irrelevant to me and most others from 18-30.
    Last edited by Kyle; 11-19-2012 at 01:13 AM.

The 3DS was also a fairly tragic outing for Nintendo...
    Curse of the Hamster

I was in the gaming industry for years and Kyle is right. Nintendo has become the joke of the industry and ever since they got their thunder stolen by the Kinect and PS Move, there really isn't any great reason (other than the love of Mario and Zelda) to own a current Nintendo console. They have never had a real presence in the online environment and just now got into HD gaming which turned away a lot of developers in the past. I think after Wii-U fails horribly, they need to go back to the drawing board and remember what made them so popular to begin with - NES! They will have no choice but stop fucking around with all this new age shit that people only like for 5 minutes and then stop playing. They will have to make a serious move into a more hardcore gaming console since like Kyle said, this world (and those that make up most gamers) are not kids and grandparents.

Nintendo does well in the handheld war but only because their is less competition and the games made for the DS work out very well for what it is designed to do. And yes, the 3DS was a failure (which is why they had to drop the price right after it came out) and is proven that constant use of the 3D feature is bad for your eyes.
    Last edited by FlyGuy78; 11-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.

I was in the gaming industr for years and Kyle is right. Nintendo has become the joke of the industry and ever since they got their thunder stolen by the Kinect and PS Move, there really isn't any great reason (other than the love of Mario and Zelda) to own a current Nintendo console. They have never had a real presence in the online environment and just now got into HD gaming which turned away a lot of developers in the past. I think after Wii-U fails horribly, they need to go back to the drawing board and remember what made them so popular to begin with - NES! They will have no choice but stop fucking around with all this new age shit that people only like for 5 minutes and then stop playing. They will have to make a serious move into a more hardcore gaming console since like Kyle said, this world (and those that make up most gamers) are not kids and grandparents.
    This part is not really true... casual gaming is the bread and butter of all three of Wii, Move, and Kinect -- the big money makers in this last generation. Casual gaming is steeply on the rise, hence the massive influx of mobile OS games and the sole reason Zynga grew into an industry juggernaut for a while.

The nature of Nintendo's design philosophy based around innovation is always going to be hit or miss. For every Wii and DS's success there's a VirtualBoy failure or a Gamecube lackluster performance.

I'm not discouting the Wii U yet. I made that mistake with the Wii and was shown to be quite wrong. The Wii U's success will depend on how well Nintendo can get developers to take advantage of the innovative feature and there is *no* better company than Nintendo at getting developers to use their innovations.
    Curse of the Hamster

I have to seriously disagree with that last line. I don't think third party developers have EVER been behind Nintendo's absurd innovations. Thats why Nintendo misses the Mass Effects, Assassins Creeds, Bioshocks, etc. or if they do get those AAA 3rd party games they get the special "Nintendo" dumbed down version. There is not one single game this entire generation you would prefer to play on the Wii-mote that was available on the 360 or PS3. Not one. And that right there makes it impossible to sit there and say Nintendo successfully sells their innovations to developers. If it was successful then all the best AAA 3rd party games should be on Nintendo consoles. They're not, because Nintendo flat-out failed to sell their innovation to developers. Just like they failed to sell the 3DS. Just like they'll fail to convince developers to put in real time to make quality games that use this touch screen nonsense, and will only succeed at convincing the same casual creators of terrible games that helped the Wii sell so well with kids and grandmas. The real talents of the industry just won't be able to justify the time it takes to learn a gimmicky feature that won't appeal to hardcore gamers, and will focus on the proven PS3 and 360 development models where their work can more easily be ported from system to system. The work it takes to port a PS3 game onto a Nintendo console and the development required to make it work just as well on a Wii-mote or the ridiculous Wii-U screen is insane. Its unrealistic and its the reason why this will be the 4th console generation consecutively (N64, Gamecube, Wii, now Wii-U) where Nintendo will be left high and dry on AAA 3rd party support.

The only one who ever has and ever will properly utilize Nintendo's ridiculous concepts is Nintendo themselves. The New Zelda Mario or Pikmin will always be phenomenal games that utilize their new features but nobody else will be utilizing them. There'll be a ton of family-fun casual games that use the features loosely, to minor extents, but the only one who truly got a lot out of the Wii-mote was Nintendo, the only one who made great games for Gamecube was Nintendo, and the only one who made great games for the N64 was Nintendo (and Rare, AKA nintendo). Notice the trend? Third party developers haven't acknowledged Nintendo's existence for over 15 years. Kudos to them for finding a way to be financially successful despite losing the support of all the developers needed to make your console a critical success. But to a guy who wouldn't know video games if it weren't for Nintendo, its just a shame to see them here.

If you're running for president and make a total jackass out of yourself all over the country on TV, realize you can't possibly win, so you drop out of the race and end up winning some insignificant spot on the House for Rhode Island....Well sure, you won at what you intended to do, but everyone still clearly knows you tried and failed to hang with the big boys and ran away instead of trying again. Its just getting frustrated seeing the former president of all things related to video games (Every third party developer that ignores Nintendo today probably started on a Nintendo console in the early 90s) settle for some stupid spot on the House
    Last edited by Kyle; 11-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information