Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1520
    I hate Xbox360 but I will admit since the Slims have come out I haven't seen that many come back to my store red-ringing. The failure rate on the Arcade and Elite systems was 65%. It seems as though the Slims are down to where PS3 is, at about 10-15%.

And PSN is now live and running.

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I hate Xbox360 but I will admit since the Slims have come out I haven't seen that many come back to my store red-ringing. The failure rate on the Arcade and Elite systems was 65%. It seems as though the Slims are down to where PS3 is, at about 10-15%.

And PSN is now live and running.
    Really?

And why would people be bringing red-ringed systems back to the store..?

Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Really?

And why would people be bringing red-ringed systems back to the store..?
    Yeah, I thought all of that is handled directly through Microsoft to/from your house?

Senior Member All-Star
    Not sure about Gamestop, but if you buy a refurbished system though a retail store you can sometimes return it to them within the warranty period and they'll just exchange the system on the spot (minus the HD that you keep). So there's no waiting period for it to be repaired. Best Buy and other similar stores that offer an extended warranty do something similar so you don't have to wait for MSFT to fix your system or replace it, then return it.

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    FWIW, PSN should be back online within two weeks (I'll believe it when I see it though )
    I was wrong. It looks like a lot of stuff is back online already

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Does the slim have bluetooth?

Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboard View Post
    Does the slim have bluetooth?
    I don't think so. What would you do with it?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I don't think so. What would you do with it?
    Wireless headset.

Wireless headset.
    Ah. Well, I suppose you could use a BT adapter with a 3.5mm plug and plug it into your controller.

... Kind of like this Bieber clone did.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MGjh90C060"]YouTube - How to use a Bluetooth Headset with an Xbox 360 Controller[/ame]
    Curse of the Hamster

Figured it out
    Last edited by b_illin; 05-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Rented L.A. Noire. Im probably only 1/4 done. Lots of work put into this game. Its a good game but not my genre. IMO, this game is like Grand Theft Auto. You drive around a city except your in 1930's Hollywood and you go around solving crime after crime.You start out as a cop and basically become a detective and solve homicides and shit. There are some fun/cool foot patrol and car chase scenes. The toughest part of the game is finding out clues to a crime (and its really not that hard- just time consuming). Another component of the game is interrogating the witnesses/accused criminals and asking the right questions in the right order. Graphics, voice acting are very good. I'd be very surprised if this is the game of the year but after watching all those commercials, i had to give it a shot!

Looks more like Heavy Rain than GTA. And Heavy Rain fucking sucks.

Looks more like Heavy Rain than GTA. And Heavy Rain fucking sucks.
    Other way around from everything I've heard. There will be comparisons to both, though. (Have't got around to playing it myself, yet)

Noire hasn't got a bad review yet, either, that I've seen. The facial animations are damn amazing.
    Curse of the Hamster

I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Anyone try Crysis 2 for PC?, "obtaining" it ATM

TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Other way around from everything I've heard. There will be comparisons to both, though. (Have't got around to playing it myself, yet)

Noire hasn't got a bad review yet, either, that I've seen. The facial animations are damn amazing.
    From all the reviews I've seen it plays like Heavy Rain. Sure it has some shooting/driving sequences but the core of the game is the detective work, like Heavy Rain. I fucking hated that game, the fact it basically told you what to do even though you "chose your own path". Same idea with this game, you have to do things the way they want you to, and at their pace, finding the clues and asking the questions they want.

I really would be disappointed if this is the way games are going, treating gamers like mindless drones.

I haven't played Heavy Rain, but from what I've read about it I'd probably call it closer to that than GTA for sure. It doesn't tell you what to do, but it is pretty linear. You can't really "fail" cases, so it does trigger events to point you in the right direction, but it doesn't seem forced. You do have to ask their questions, but if you don't find all the clues some don't show up, and if you don't answer other ones correctly some don't show up, so it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

I think the main appeal with this game is just a change of pace. It's not an action game, it's not adventure, it's innovative and probably something that won't be copied. The graphics are key, and the facial recognition software or whatever you want to call it is ridiculous. The main story line takes quite a while to pick up too (war flashbacks/newspapers), but I can't really say if it's worth it or not until I finish.

I like it for what it is, but I wouldn't expect game of the year after playing it. I would trade this game in in a heartbeat after I beat it if it was on an older console, but if the DLC is more cases I'll probably buy them.
    I don't like homer bias.

I just got this email.

Thanks for your patience and continued support during our service outage. To show you how
    much we value that, we want to let you know about our "Welcome Back" appreciation program:

Two Free PS3 Games
    Select two PS3™ games from the following list:
    (yours to keep*)
    • Dead Nation™
    • InFAMOUS™
    • LittleBigPlanet™ • Super Stardust™ HD
    • WipEout® HD Bundle

Two Free PSP Games
    Download two PSP® games from the following list:
    (yours to keep*)
    • Killzone®: Liberation
    • ModNation™ Racers • LittleBigPlanet™
    • Pursuit Force™

PlayStation®Plus—30 Days Free**
    A premium subscription service that gets you access to free games, huge discounts and great exclusives.

100 Free Virtual Items
    To welcome users Home, PlayStation®Home will be offering 100 free virtual items.

This is our way of saying thank you for being a loyal fan. And once again, welcome back to PlayStation®Network.

Sincerely,
    The PlayStation®Network Team

Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Nice, I got the same, definitely going to take advantage of that. Any suggestions as to which of those games to go with? I don't really know anything about any of them.

Also, what are 'virtual items'? I've had a PS3 for almost 3 yrs now but have never really explored the PS network, not really familiar with what these 'virtual items' are

Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Nice, I got the same, definitely going to take advantage of that. Any suggestions as to which of those games to go with? I don't really know anything about any of them.

Also, what are 'virtual items'? I've had a PS3 for almost 3 yrs now but have never really explored the PS network, not really familiar with what these 'virtual items' are
    The games are all old and shit. I don't think a single one is multiplayer which is kind of hilariously ironic, isn't it?

Virtual Items are for the PlayStation Home interface, which is like The Sims. It's stupid.

Really, their apology is a load of shit but I guess it's better than expected. I'd try and see which of those games has the most trade in value and work that angle.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    Infamous is pretty good. I'm not a racing fan but Wipeout is supposed to be really good if you are. Little Big Planet is worth a try, a lot of people like it but i found the controls a little floaty which was a bit frustrating. Haven't tried the other 2.

Also, Wipeout has online multi, LBP has online co-op with 4 people, Dead Nation has online co-op with 2 players. So at least 3 of the 5 have some form of multiplayer. Also not sure why you'd care about trade-in value when they're all digital downloads.

Playstation Home is fucking retarded, not anything like the Sims though, more like 3d chat room that's full of idiots. There's a few games you can play through the interface but they're either shit, cost money, or both.

I'm having a lot of fun with Crysis 2 solo right now....keep dying at one part though

TEAM #1

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    just a tip if you are going to be busy i think you have at least a month before you have to activate your free PS plus trial. i say this because the free things you download with PS plus are gone when your subscription expires so you want to have some time to enjoy the free content that comes with PS plus while you get the 30 day trial.........
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23pY-2GXP4c"]YouTube - ‪Never Dead "E3 2011" Trailer‬‏[/ame]

... Huh?
    Curse of the Hamster

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSHL6IpZcQc"]YouTube - ‪Let's NOT Play Frantic Flea - Savin' The Chilluns‬‏[/ame]
    I was on video arcade top 10 back in the day and this is the game I got to play. I think it's actiually the worst game I've ever seen. The only positive was winning and getting to pull a prizeball out of the hat. Won some badass speakers as well.

Senior Member All-Star boredguy's Avatar
    For those wondering if the reviews for Duke Nuke'em Forever are accurate, they really are. Incredibly bland gameplay with shitty unfunny humour.

Infamous 2 however is pretty good. Story isn't the greatest and it's got it's quirks but it slightly improves on the first and is overall enjoyable.

I played Duke Nukem for about 1-2 hours, seemed like it was made on a 2001 engine, some funny parts but not enough to keep me playing.

TEAM #1

Fantastic. What the heck am I supposed to do with a PAL copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for Xbox 360? I had ordered a copy of Alice: Madness Returns -- presumably in a format used in North America... Stupid Chinese eBayers who say they're in the US...
    Curse of the Hamster

Not only was it a different format, it was the wrong game? They might have a return policy, or just put it back up on ebay. I always check to make sure it's for US systems.
    I don't like homer bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja View Post
    Not only was it a different format, it was the wrong game? They might have a return policy, or just put it back up on ebay. I always check to make sure it's for US systems.
    The item had been de-listed by eBay the day after I paid for it (presumably because a previous buyer noticed that it was shipping from China when the listing claimed it was in the US). I'm hoping I get my money refunded from that. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the PAL copy of the wrong game, though. Maybe I can get GameStop to buy it from me, or something, if they don't look at the box too closely.
    Curse of the Hamster

Terraria couldn't hold my interest....I really need a game to play before D3 comes out, sigh.....went back to TF2 last night.

TEAM #1

What the... what kind of publisher actually removes DLC for their games from the store?
    Curse of the Hamster

Thread Information