Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1520
  1. #61
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    What rank are you sdubzz? I've been hooked as well.



  2. #62
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,087
    Im only 17. I've got the hang of getting the challenge XPs tho so Im on my way up. Im still learning the maps. Too bad I gotta work sometimes
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  3. #63
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    I'm at 37.. trying to get to 53 ASAP and get that damn PPSh gun! Thing is soo sick



  4. #64
    Senior Member All-Star moans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oakville
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,814
    fuck I forgot my password for xbox live, so I had to create a new account to activate xbox live again. My new name is MOLOWNAGE666. Greatest name ever I'd say, or close to it. Let's get some halo going I've learned how to play finally.

  5. #65
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    I'm having a really hard time playing Halo after playing COD. The game physics are so different and then Halo feels cheesy.

  6. #66
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,087
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    I'm at 37.. trying to get to 53 ASAP and get that damn PPSh gun! Thing is soo sick
    43 now....Double points weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I'm having a really hard time playing Halo after playing COD. The game physics are so different and then Halo feels cheesy.
    Told ya

    Ive never been into first person games but this one has changed that.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  7. #67
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    I'm about ready to go prestige level 2 thanks to double points weekend

    The PPSh is a pretty good gun, but the problem is it needs stopping power to be really effective, and it runs out of bullets so fast that you need bandolier as well. But put a round drum on it, bandolier, stopping power and steady aim and it's pretty nasty. But it still can't compare to the MP40. That gun is the M16 of COD5.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I'm having a really hard time playing Halo after playing COD. The game physics are so different and then Halo feels cheesy.
    Ditto, I haven't play Halo since COD4 came out, just couldn't get back into it (plus I like being able to choose what gun I start with rather than racing to get the power weapons on each map). I had the same problem with Rainbow 6 as well, it was tough to go back and forth so I haven't played R6V2 in a long time either

  8. #68
    Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,558
    When does this Double Point weekend end?? Sunday night I hope... haven't had a chance to go on...

    Also... any idea on when they'll fix the underground glitch? It's really pissing me off... hopefully they'll send an update out soon.


    "Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

  9. #69
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Haven't played much this weekend, been busy as heck. I got to rank 45 though!



  10. #70
    Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,558
    playing right now... hopefully they have more of these double points weekend


    "Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

  11. #71
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Also... any idea on when they'll fix the underground glitch? It's really pissing me off... hopefully they'll send an update out soon.
    They've fixed a lot of them, but people found a few more. You can't get under the map on Roundhouse, or at the usual spot in Castle, but you still can at the bridge on Castle, and you still can on Seelow. It took them about a month to patch it last time, so I'd imagine in another week or so they're going to have those ones fixed

  12. #72
    Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,558
    Anyone tried the Resident Evil 5 demo? Really great game but I wish they can fix up the control a bit and let you move while reload / aim...


    "Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

  13. #73
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    They've given players enough control with the RE franchise. The limited controls always added to the atmosphere. Its why RE4, despite being a magnificent title, was simply NOT nearly as scary as the other RE games. They rehauled the controls completely and moved much closer to an action game than survivol horror. It worked great, but any more steps taken towards making it an action game: IE letting you move while aiming/reloading, would completely destroy the survivalist atmosphere the game was built on.

    You just can't be any more capable than they made you in RE4. Any more and its over the line.

  14. #74
    Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    They've given players enough control with the RE franchise. The limited controls always added to the atmosphere. Its why RE4, despite being a magnificent title, was simply NOT nearly as scary as the other RE games. They rehauled the controls completely and moved much closer to an action game than survivol horror. It worked great, but any more steps taken towards making it an action game: IE letting you move while aiming/reloading, would completely destroy the survivalist atmosphere the game was built on.

    You just can't be any more capable than they made you in RE4. Any more and its over the line.
    That makes sense... I played RE: Code Veronica and RE4 on the Wii... love the game but i think both allows you to move while you aim? Anyways it's just a matter of getting used to it... I'm pretty sure I'll buy it when it comes out.... played way too much FPS so it's hard to adjust to it.


    "Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

  15. #75
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    So the UFC Undisputed demo comes out today, I didn't get one of the keys so I've been reading what people have said about it, and it sounds awesome. Its 3am on the east coast, almost 4am, and its not out. I want the damn thing to be released!!



  16. #76
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,087
    Yeah...I cant wait to superman punch or knee lunge my friends
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  17. #77
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Yeah...I cant wait to superman punch or knee lunge my friends
    What's stopping you from doing that now?

  18. #78
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,718
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    What's stopping you from doing that now?
    Reality.

  19. #79
    Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,086
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    Reality.
    Right, right. That's what the videogames are for. Thanks.

  20. #80
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Its SICK. Download it if you can!!



  21. #81
    Shogun All-Star Zangetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,535
    The UFC game is better than I thought it would be, but I'm a bit disappointed by the ground and clinch game. Maybe it's just the Shogun/Liddell matchup, but I haven't been able to do much of anything in tight or on the ground.

    I have to say, though, landing a huge head kick for a KO is very satisfying.


    "In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

  22. #82
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    The UFC game is better than I thought it would be, but I'm a bit disappointed by the ground and clinch game. Maybe it's just the Shogun/Liddell matchup, but I haven't been able to do much of anything in tight or on the ground.

    I have to say, though, landing a huge head kick for a KO is very satisfying.
    Its tough on the ground. I always have to loosen Chuck up with body kicks / body shots and then take him down.

    Although he did rock me once, and then jumped in and i caught him in a triangle. Has been my nicest sub so far.

    I can't wait for the release of this bad boy



  23. #83
    Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,986
    just wondering, i'm thinking of getting a 360 when the new valhalla version comes out later this year supposedly. been looking online and was getting confused on downloading games. is it necessary to mod/flash dvd to play them (don't want to void warranty) and would it work on live (keep seeing mulleter or something with regards to checking the .iso)?
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5


    H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO


    Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out



  24. #84
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    just wondering, i'm thinking of getting a 360 when the new valhalla version comes out later this year supposedly. been looking online and was getting confused on downloading games. is it necessary to mod/flash dvd to play them (don't want to void warranty) and would it work on live (keep seeing mulleter or something with regards to checking the .iso)?
    Yes, the drive needs to be modded in order to play downloaded games. The latest drives (LiteOn) aren't that easy to flash anymore. You need some special equipment now to do so. And you won't lose your warranty if you don't break the silver seal inside the under the front panel. You can easily avoid breaking by using a hair dryer and heat it up a bit to loosen it up.
    I myself was able to mod my older X360 (Samsung ms28 and BenQ drives) without a problem.
    But like I said the latest drives need also special equipment so you might be better off if you go to a mod shop and pay a bit extra or go to a friend with expierence and the right equipment.


    As far as playing online with downloaded games goes I can't say much. I only play offline. My brother played online for a month or 2 and wasn't banned.
    The are some important things you need to obey to be on the safer side.
    For once the games needs to be "Stealth". The old Mulleter isn't really up-to-date anymore. Rather use abgx360. It checks the downloaded .iso and if neccessary it gets the "Stealth pateches" inline and implements it into your .iso.
    And the most important thing is to never play online before the official release of a game. Some games are available on the internet 1-2 weeks before the official release like GTA IV was. So if you play online over the M$ servers way ahead of schedule you're bound to get banned.
    And I personally also use bitsetting on my DVD-burner so the burnt DVD has the bitset DVD-ROM instead of the normal DVD+R DL.
    As far as DVD goes you need DVD+R DL not DVD-R DL because the - version does not allow the changing of the Layer Break which is important. The best ones to use are from Verbatim.


    But in the end nobody really knows what M$ really does and how they ban people. The banning normally happens in big waves once or twice a year.
    Last edited by suckerpuncher; 08-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.


  25. #85
    Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,986
    ah......that kinda sucks then. especially if the new ones are going to be dramatically different (there were rumors of it going slim). i had my hopes up since there were some places where they said it was just burn+play

    EDIT: example of one http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-burn-...60-No-Mod-Chip
    Last edited by secol; 08-15-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5


    H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO


    Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out



  26. #86
    Senior Member All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,724
    Going slim is not the problem as long as they don't implement a new generation of DVD drives.
    It took almost a year to hack the LiteOn drives.
    But so far I've heard no rumors about new drives in the slim version. But who knows. It's best to wait for the slim version to come out and then we'll know if they changed the drives.


    And yes, once it's the drive is modded it's simply burn and play.


  27. #87
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Hey guys,

    Ran into an issue today with one of my controllers. It's a white wireless Xbox 360 controller and the left joystick all of a sudden is 'sticking' right. What I mean is, its not physically sticking but its behaving as though I have it pushed to the right all the time. It won't respond to me physically pushing it left but it does work up and down. It's happened at some point playing NHL10, probably in a fight.

    Anybody have any experience with these kinds of issues and what do you recommend in terms of fixing it?

  28. #88
    Go Bolts Hall of Famer dw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Ran into an issue today with one of my controllers. It's a white wireless Xbox 360 controller and the left joystick all of a sudden is 'sticking' right. What I mean is, its not physically sticking but its behaving as though I have it pushed to the right all the time. It won't respond to me physically pushing it left but it does work up and down. It's happened at some point playing NHL10, probably in a fight.

    Anybody have any experience with these kinds of issues and what do you recommend in terms of fixing it?
    Did you resync it?



  29. #89
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Strangely enough, now that I go to try resyncing, the problem seems to have disappeared. Thanks for the idea though Matt.

  30. #90
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    How do you resync a controller?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •