Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Senior Member All-Star
    Nope. If you have second chance and you get revived the other player doesn't get credit for a kill or even an assist. I remember one game my buddy and I were both running around with second chance and kept reviving each other and only died 3 and 4 times respectively It's pretty useful on bigger maps, or maps with a lot of elivation changes, but you need at least one other teammate to have it.

Oh, and speaking of assists, they've changed the scoring so that you get more points for an assist depending on how much damage you do to the other player. Which is nice for when people steal your last stand kills

Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    I love the guns in this COD, I was a big fan of the original COD and COD2 so its nice to see them back in action.

I think I'd rather be faced with avoiding a helicopter than avoiding the dogs. They scare the shit outta me. I mean I'm afraid of dogs in real life as it is . They're easy enough to kill but they're distracting and if you're hiding or sniping they reveal where you are.

Yeah sometimes you don't even feel the dogs come on you when they come from behind you. Its real fun though.

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Gears2 and COD5 are the best. I just learned how to use a primary weapon while holding a sheild. I prefer the Shotgun and standing at the top of stairs...lots of headshots. I also picked up Left For Dead....heard it was decent and fun as hell on multiplayer. Havent tried it out because im still addicted to Gears. Hell Ive only played COD5 once.....and the dogs really are hard to see coming sometimes.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    I think I'd rather be faced with avoiding a helicopter than avoiding the dogs. They scare the shit outta me. I mean I'm afraid of dogs in real life as it is . They're easy enough to kill but they're distracting and if you're hiding or sniping they reveal where you are.
    I just hated when you're in a building and the helicopter would work those crazy angles and gun you down. But you make a good point about the dogs, they really are unnecessarily scary.

Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    I never played COD before so can't really comment... but compared to Vegas 2 and Halo 3... I like the Class features (allow you to set up 10 different soldier type... like shotgun type, sniper, machine gun etc) and that you can change during a match between the Classes.

What I don't like though is the tank in the game... it's quite difficult to take it out and grenades can't do much damage to it and you can't do damages to it while you are up close (makes much more sense if you can destory a tank's chain or dump a nade in the driver hub).

Overall it's a pretty good game... nice and fast paced

"Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

Agreed, the tanks suck.

Yeah the tanks kind of ruin some rounds for me. I'll just be runnin and gunnin with gagne21 by my side and then a tank will take us both down. Over powered in some sense.

I'm still mega inconsistent in the game. For instance. Went 3-12 in a round today (free for all). Turned around next 2 rounds and went 20-6 and 30-4. Once I get some consistency I'll be owning haha.

Phanuef, we need to get on each others friends list.. name is: Mattizzle05

Question for you guys:

A new buddy of mine from work got an xbox, and we were going to play Halo(that's all he has).. we couldn't even get into the same party on the new xbox feature.. then we could not get into a game together. Something popped up in Halo.. and said my "NAT was at moderate" and it would cause problems connecting with some people.. I've never had the problem before but me and my buddy could not play any game together... Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Phanuef, we need to get on each others friends list.. name is: Mattizzle05

Question for you guys:

A new buddy of mine from work got an xbox, and we were going to play Halo(that's all he has).. we couldn't even get into the same party on the new xbox feature.. then we could not get into a game together. Something popped up in Halo.. and said my "NAT was at moderate" and it would cause problems connecting with some people.. I've never had the problem before but me and my buddy could not play any game together... Any ideas?
    Its your router settings. You have to open up the ports on it for the XBox. Try Portforward.com

Yeah the tanks kind of ruin some rounds for me. I'll just be runnin and gunnin with gagne21 by my side and then a tank will take us both down. Over powered in some sense.

I'm still mega inconsistent in the game. For instance. Went 3-12 in a round today (free for all). Turned around next 2 rounds and went 20-6 and 30-4. Once I get some consistency I'll be owning haha.
    That's impressive. I guess I suck. I just fucking love sniping though, even though it's beyond frustrating when you line a guy up and it misses.

Actually, a real easy way to fix it is to open your router in a browser window (just type in your gateway address) and input the IP of your 360 into the DMZ slot, which exempts any device from security settings. Completely safe and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    Gears2 and COD5 are the best. I just learned how to use a primary weapon while holding a sheild. I prefer the Shotgun and standing at the top of stairs...lots of headshots. I also picked up Left For Dead....heard it was decent and fun as hell on multiplayer. Havent tried it out because im still addicted to Gears. Hell Ive only played COD5 once.....and the dogs really are hard to see coming sometimes.
    Let me know what it's like - it's one of those games that looks cool, but could suck balls...or rock. I'm curious to find out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Left 4 Dead is awesome if you have people online to play it with. The teammate AI is actually very impressive, they're usually better than your real life teammates, but it's just not as fun. There's a surprising amount of replay value for a game that only has four levels because the Director AI always changes what types of zombies you'll get and where they'll come from (much better than the retarded AI spawning in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2). Running through the levels never really gets old, and the online mode is a lot of fun as well (you play one round as the survivors, then switch sides and play as the special zombie types). I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Left 4 Dead is awesome if you have people online to play it with. The teammate AI is actually very impressive, they're usually better than your real life teammates, but it's just not as fun. There's a surprising amount of replay value for a game that only has four levels because the Director AI always changes what types of zombies you'll get and where they'll come from (much better than the retarded AI spawning in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2). Running through the levels never really gets old, and the online mode is a lot of fun as well (you play one round as the survivors, then switch sides and play as the special zombie types). I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun
    I just watched COD5's zombie mode and Left 4 Dead's game play and they are awfully similar. Though, I like how you can board yourself up in COD 5, that's a smart twist.
    Last edited by keyboard; 12-29-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Its your router settings. You have to open up the ports on it for the XBox. Try Portforward.com
    At that site what exactly do I do? (I'm a computer noob)

At that site what exactly do I do? (I'm a computer noob)
    Try this

http://live.tommccann.net/

Nice, thanks youre the man

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranish View Post
    I just watched COD5's zombie mode and Left 4 Dead's game play and they are awfully similar. Though, I like how you can board yourself up in COD 5, that's a smart twist.
    The zombie mode in COD5 is a lot of fun, but it's just that same house and the same 6 rooms that you can go into (you get points for killing zombies and for boarding up windows, and you use those points to buy other guns, get more ammo, and to open up other rooms and levels to the castle). It's a good time with a few friends, but it's not really something you could play more than a few times in a row like L4D. That game has a ton of replay value even if you've already got all the achievements. Basically, the fun is talking with your friends and sharing stories about how you beat the levels, or how you died

well, it didn't work but I'll keep messing with it.. no clue why its so stupid and fucked up..

anyone down for a game of NHL 09 my name's HerbalChart I'm down to play anytime as well.

well, it didn't work but I'll keep messing with it.. no clue why its so stupid and fucked up..
    You need to add the 360's IP to the DMZ exception list in your router configuration page. I had to do the same thing. Hopefully your IP is static, otherwise it could become really annoying.

You need to add the 360's IP to the DMZ exception list in your router configuration page. I had to do the same thing. Hopefully your IP is static, otherwise it could become really annoying.
    Is their a default 360 IP?

Is their a default 360 IP?
    No, your router assigns it to the 360. Do this:

1. On the 360, go to network settings and find the IP and write it down.
    2. On a computer on the same network, go to the properities of the connection and find the gateway, it's usually 192.168.x.x.
    3. On a computer on the network, open Internet Explorer and type in the gateway address, that'll load the router configuration (leave the password blank to get in).
    4. Once you're in the router configuration menu find DMZ (might take some looking around, might not), enter the IP from step 1, and you're good to go.

now I'm having this problem too, tried doing the steps you outlined there Kam and my ip address for xbox comes back as 192.168.0.187. however when my gateway is 192.168.2.1, so I go to the DMZ drop down menu and it only allows me to type in ip addresses of 192.168.2.x. Any ideas here?

Quote Originally Posted by moans View Post
    now I'm having this problem too, tried doing the steps you outlined there Kam and my ip address for xbox comes back as 192.168.0.187. however when my gateway is 192.168.2.1, so I go to the DMZ drop down menu and it only allows me to type in ip addresses of 192.168.2.x. Any ideas here?
    I would change your 360's IP to "static" and make it 192.168.2.9. I chose 9 because I doubt it's being used. Then hit up the DMZ and you should be good.

Hard wire it

Senior Member All-Star
    Hard wire it
    Sorry, I didn't notice we'd traveled back in time to 2001

Hard wire it
    Yes, that's also a solution but for most home networks isn't practical because there are usually several devices requiring Internet access so a direct connection to the modem renders them offline.

Senior Member All-Star gogoayane's Avatar
    Note sure if you guys know this.. but the code to unlock 3rd jersey in NHL09 is out: xe6377uyrwm48frf

"Believe in the ideal, not the Idol" -

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    Sorry, I didn't notice we'd traveled back in time to 2001

Yes, that's also a solution but for most home networks isn't practical because there are usually several devices requiring Internet access so a direct connection to the modem renders them offline.
    I just use my router but a splitter/switch or something should work. Of course I could be missing something here. Anyhow since I wired in I no longer have to mess with IP addys and such. It just logs on instantly. I have actually heard of a few people having this problem (we are not all computer science grads eff...believe it or not)

I can't stop playing the COD5....pretty fun. I cant wait till I actually get enough points to use a nice gun. I have a machine gun with a frisby like clip on top right now

Thread Information