Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2043
  1. #1711
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I was going to say the exact same thing. Geez guys, it's a damn jersey for a hockey team.
    Agreed. Its like half the Canadians around here are proud that they'd murder over a jersey. Hockey is not religion in Canada. Its not religion anywhere. You Canadians aren't fans of the Leafs or the Habs like Brazil is to their national team - you just for some reason like to say you're that into it in your never ending crusade to act like the most hardcore sports fans in the world. Comparing a national team with a country full of supporters to one of six canadian teams supported only by a city? Come on now, the reaction isn't comparable, and even if it was, who cares? Cliche hardcore soccer fans are among the biggest scumbags on this planet, why are you so anxious to drag yourself down to their level? Come on now...

    To answer your question Bill - I wouldn't give one fucking shit if Denzel stomped on a flaming Winged Wheel. I'd call him a douche and maybe take some petty jab at whatever team hes a fan of but he'd absolutely remain one of the most talented and respected actors in the world in my eyes. I'd still look forward to every one of his movies.

    IMO, What hes doing is infuriating and downright dangerous for his personal well being.
    Which is an insult to your whole country, that this would put his well being at risk. What Baruchel did should be considered no worse than trash talking during some street game. Blowing it up beyond that is pathetic.

    Edit - I'm not doing the mom bit because I don't care if your perspective on this changes. I just find this outrageously entertaining.
    Last edited by Kyle; 03-02-2012 at 02:41 PM.

  2. #1712
    I'm Old Gregg! All-Star fancy19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,425
    There's plent of leafs jerseys burning

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiN9WdiupYI


    TEAM #1
    10 team roto yahoo, unlimited moves/trades
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG-W,GAA,SV%,SHO

  3. #1713
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Agreed. Its like half the Canadians around here are proud that they'd murder over a jersey. Hockey is not religion in Canada. Its not religion anywhere. You Canadians aren't fans of the Leafs or the Habs like Brazil is to their national team - you just for some reason like to say you're that into it in your never ending crusade to act like the most hardcore sports fans in the world. Comparing a national team with a country full of supporters to one of six canadian teams supported only by a city? Come on now, the reaction isn't comparable, and even if it was, who cares? Cliche hardcore soccer fans are among the biggest scumbags on this planet, why are you so anxious to drag yourself down to their level? Come on now...

    To answer your question Bill - I wouldn't give one fucking shit if Denzel stomped on a flaming Winged Wheel. I'd call him a douche and maybe take some petty jab at whatever team hes a fan of but he'd absolutely remain one of the most talented and respected actors in the world in my eyes. I'd still look forward to every one of his movies.



    Which is an insult to your whole country, that this would put his well being at risk. What Baruchel did should be considered no worse than trash talking during some street game. Blowing it up beyond that is pathetic.

    Edit - I'm not doing the mom bit because I don't care if your perspective on this changes. I just find this outrageously entertaining.

    Kinda along the lines of saying something like 'fuck goon, fuck baruchel' (as I simply stated....not sure how everyone jumped the conclusion I am going to kill or that I am freaking out)

    PS: the mom comment was not for you

  4. #1714
    Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windsor,ON
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,087
    Ill watch it on DVD. It is entertaining to burn the Jerseys and stomp on them (im sure thats the intention anyhow). Sure the Forum used to be considered a church but alot of people used to be slaves and the world, believe it or not, was said to be flat. Things change...get with the times Billin.
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

  5. #1715
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Wow I had no idea the GOON movie would cause such HI controversy!

    Hey it comes out on the 30th if you are in the states but you can rent it on demand now.



  6. #1716
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Bill the dramatic difference comes with the fact that I wouldn't let it alter my behavior in any way whereas you're allowing this to cause you to miss out on a movie you could potentially love. I'd still watch any of Denzel's movies afterwards without any bias.

    On demand has it a whole month before theaters, Sponge? Crazy

  7. #1717
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    I'll totally watch it I'm sure. (Wow, I didn't know my words carried such weight on here...it was just a random comment and the pic tbh )

    PS: that said, if I saw Baruchel in a bar, I'd totally try to pop him once for the Leafs! (had to give a few of you what you really wanted )

  8. #1718
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Sure, you say you're just giving us what we want but If I'm Baruchel's friend I'd be warning him to avoid any bar within 30 miles of you

  9. #1719
    California Dreamer Hall of Famer Sponge Bong Beer Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bay Area
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,914
    Okay I watched Goon last night. Unrealistic in a lot of ways but also pretty funny if you just take it for what it is. Kind of unsettling in the way it portrays hockey as a violent blood bath (oh god I can just hear my gf now....) but for real hockey fans who aren't gonna get their panties up in a bunch, it's worth a watch. Some shit had me rotfl



  10. #1720
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Sure, you say you're just giving us what we want but If I'm Baruchel's friend I'd be warning him to avoid any bar within 30 miles of you
    Yeah, I was giving ppl what they want...but I wasn't lying either!

    (depends on if he has bodyguards or if I'd get arrested, etc of course)

  11. #1721
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Get Him to the Greek could be the funniest movie ever made. I can definitely see more straight-edge folk finding it over the top and plain silly but its the most consistently hilarious movie I've possibly ever seen.

  12. #1722
    .. All-Star WIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,716
    It was pretty funny. Laughed hard at the hotel concierge scene.

  13. #1723
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Get Him to the Greek could be the funniest movie ever made. I can definitely see more straight-edge folk finding it over the top and plain silly but its the most consistently hilarious movie I've possibly ever seen.
    Great movie, wouldn't go as far to say funniest ever made, but definitely one of my favs from the last couple years.

    Watched Goon last night, some funny parts but overall the movie sucked. It kind of pissed me off as a hockey guy because it makes hockey out to be such a gongshow/bloodbath.

  14. #1724
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Yeah, I posted that seconds after I got done. It was a rare afternoon drinking day for me and GHttG just hit the spot so perfectly, I couldn't have found a movie more appropriate for my mood so it just literally had me -dying-. Especially that scene when he smokes the Jeffrey with that comfortable wall, man thats scene holds up with the best in movie history haha.

    Funniest movie ever is a huge stretch but I'd put it right up there with Theres Something About Mary, Anchorman, Naked Gun, and a few more as movies that rotate in and out of my favorite comedies.

  15. #1725
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS View Post
    It was pretty funny. Laughed hard at the hotel concierge scene.
    Great one!!

    Phaneuf, thanks for the warning, I'll stay clear of Goon until I can watch it free.

  16. #1726
    Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,575
    Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf6 View Post
    Great movie, wouldn't go as far to say funniest ever made, but definitely one of my favs from the last couple years.

    Watched Goon last night, some funny parts but overall the movie sucked. It kind of pissed me off as a hockey guy because it makes hockey out to be such a gongshow/bloodbath.
    So does Slap Shot. It's just comedic exaggeration.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:





  17. #1727
    Senior Member Hall of Famer phaneuf6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    So does Slap Shot. It's just comedic exaggeration.
    This one goes way too far. There's no hockey in it at all. The guy can't even skate for god sakes.

  18. #1728
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    So does Slap Shot. It's just comedic exaggeration.
    At the time it wasn't anywhere the exaggeration that Goon appears to be. (the titles alone speak volumes)

  19. #1729
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yeah, I posted that seconds after I got done. It was a rare afternoon drinking day for me and GHttG just hit the spot so perfectly, I couldn't have found a movie more appropriate for my mood so it just literally had me -dying-. Especially that scene when he smokes the Jeffrey with that comfortable wall, man thats scene holds up with the best in movie history haha.

    Funniest movie ever is a huge stretch but I'd put it right up there with Theres Something About Mary, Anchorman, Naked Gun, and a few more as movies that rotate in and out of my favorite comedies.
    This is far and away my fave. Get Him to the Greek was was funny for sure, I laughed a lot, but it's not in the same class as Anchorman IMO.

  20. #1730
    Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,575
    Quote Originally Posted by chgorman View Post
    This is far and away my fave. Get Him to the Greek was was funny for sure, I laughed a lot, but it's not in the same class as Anchorman IMO.
    Comedies are incredibly subjective, though. For instance, Anchorman is waaaaay down on my list of good comedies, while Dirty Work, which I rarely hear mentioned, is near the top for me.
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:





  21. #1731
    Senior Member Hall of Famer chgorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    Comedies are incredibly subjective, though. For instance, Anchorman is waaaaay down on my list of good comedies, while Dirty Work, which I rarely hear mentioned, is near the top for me.
    Without a doubt, no question, and I wasn't implying otherwise, just saying that for me personally, Get Him to the Greek was good, but it's no Anchorman.

  22. #1732
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687


    Possibly the funniest preview ever

  23. #1733
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    21 Jump Street was pretty funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

    Possibly the funniest preview ever
    That looks promising! (it was like watching the Peter Griffin teddy bear)
    Last edited by b_illin; 04-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.

  24. #1734
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Hahah, I agree.

    I thought 21 Jump Street was pretty great also. One of the better comedies I've ever seen.

  25. #1735
    * * * * * * Hall of Famer b_illin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,786
    I wanted to see John Carter or The Hunger Games (although I was worried it might be too tweeny..like action Twilight) but she really wanted to see Jeff, Who Lives At Home. First half hour I almost suggested bailing for another movie, but didn't want to offend her, so stuck with it. Boring as fuck for the first half (awkward laughs...and not many...it's depressing funny) but it came together nicely at the end.

    I'd wait for it on DVD.

  26. #1736
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Hunger Games was really awesome

  27. #1737
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    Anchorman 2 confirmed with Will Ferrel. Life is good again!

  28. #1738
    Geek Extraordinaire Hall of Famer Hamsterkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Frederick MD
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Hunger Games was really awesome
    If I've already seen Battle Royale, should I still go see HG?
    Curse of the Hamster
    My first round draft picks:





  29. #1739
    Nitbag Hall of Famer FlyGuy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I wanted to see John Carter or The Hunger Games (although I was worried it might be too tweeny..like action Twilight) but she really wanted to see Jeff, Who Lives At Home. First half hour I almost suggested bailing for another movie, but didn't want to offend her, so stuck with it. Boring as fuck for the first half (awkward laughs...and not many...it's depressing funny) but it came together nicely at the end.

    I'd wait for it on DVD.
    I thought the same about Jeff movie, but it did get better at the end and I'm a huge fan of Jason Segal.

    American Reunion was absolutely hysterical and is probably my favorite of the series. If you go to the movies and see it, don't get up as soon as it ends, stay for the last scene....well worth it!

  30. #1740
    Senior Member Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,687
    I knew Reunion would be great! My brother mentioned band camp and all those garbage spinoff movies as an example why this would suck, but I thought it would be awesome. Its a different game when you got the original writers and actors working at it. Can't wait to check it out tonight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •