Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    No...he'll headline that card because it's a charity thing for the troops and UFC wouldn't want to suddenly replace one of the headlines on that card because of a money grab, it's just bad business.

Look, I love the UFC, but I don't have to love the way it's run.

This whole story makes Dana White look like an absolute peice of scum. He's trash, and cutting Jon Fitch is silly.
    Uhh, no wrong. He won't be removed because he bailed UFC out by fighting Alves. They could easily find another person to fight Yoshida. Considering the fight isn't in contention for any division belt.

They are paying dues to Kos since he bailed them out.

The more I read this story, yes Dana looks bad... but he is somewhat in the right. If he was getting jiped out of money/merchandise... He is Business 1st, Fan second.

“We’re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny,” White told Yahoo Sports. “Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.”

Started all over a Video Game. That's a shame.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    Uhh, no wrong. He won't be removed because he bailed UFC out by fighting Alves. They could easily find another person to fight Yoshida. Considering the fight isn't in contention for any division belt.

They are paying dues to Kos since he bailed them out.

The more I read this story, yes Dana looks bad... but he is somewhat in the right. If he was getting jiped out of money/merchandise... He is Business 1st, Fan second.
    Let me get this straight. Dana White is starting this tirade over a video game and you think that Dana cares about what Josh just did? If it's not readily apparant to you yet, Dana White could give 2 shits less about any fighter in the UFC. He's scum, and none of these guys matter to him.

The only reason is again, they're fighting for Charity for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, and they have been advertising Josh Koschek as the headline of that event since they announced it. It would look like absolute trash and be a PR nightmare for them if they suddenly replaced him because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Let me get this straight. Dana White is starting this tirade over a video game and you think that Dana cares about what Josh just did? If it's not readily apparant to you yet, Dana White could give 2 shits less about any fighter in the UFC. He's scum, and none of these guys matter to him.

The only reason is again, they're fighting for Charity for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, and they have been advertising Josh Koschek as the headline of that event since they announced it. It would look like absolute trash and be a PR nightmare for them if they suddenly replaced him because of this.
    Thanks for making my point about Dana not caring about anything but money. Which is the reason why he is letting Kos fight that fight. He bailed him out and made him money with the Alves fight. Dana released the damn statement about why he is letting him fight. It isn't about the Fallen Heroes Fund (which I love the idea), its because he bailed him out with the Alves fight. Also, it's giving Kos time to possibly switch gyms (which he won't).

You just argued my point man, Dana himself said all of this. Fitch also confirmed it.

I can't find any video of the Lesnar/Couture fight - they all seem to have been taken down. Anybody have a link so I can see?

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    I also cant believe this is all over a video game.

Like I said Hardcore sports radio had Fitch on last night, he was in shock, he really had no idea what just happend.

I guess they want to get this video game out as soon as they can before another MMA group does, I guess other people have talked about doing this as well, it's just Dana being Dana, he does know how to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    I can't find any video of the Lesnar/Couture fight - they all seem to have been taken down. Anybody have a link so I can see?
    http://mmavideopost.com/ufc/randy-couture-brock-lesnar/

http://sherdog.com/news/news/fitch-b...ufc-fold-15249

Fitch back in good graces of Dana and the UFC. Jon Fitch is back.

Hope this is sealed for all AKA's, I know Cain + Kos wasn't kicked out yet so this is good stuff. Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    http://sherdog.com/news/news/fitch-b...ufc-fold-15249

Fitch back in good graces of Dana and the UFC. Jon Fitch is back.

Hope this is sealed for all AKA's, I know Cain + Kos wasn't kicked out yet so this is good stuff. Thank god.
    The end result of this whole thing is that Dana winds up looking like an asshole. While this isn't anything new, I thought that it was interesting how it took intervention from Lorenzo Fertitta to get the whole thing settled.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

2010 Dead Pool Champion All-Star Hockeyis#1's Avatar
    Technically NOT UFC, but MMA....bah whatever....

Anyone know when Carlos Condit's next fight is?

Little off topic, but I had no idea GSP was dating Mandy Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Little off topic, but I had no idea GSP was dating Mandy Moore.
    Shes a huge MMA supporter.

In other news, Tapia vs. Torres tonight in the WEC event.

Torres is really damn good.

I've been ridiculously busy with school work, so I've only seen the first fight (DVR'd the rest), but I was pretty impressed with Benavidez. I saw his one fight in Dream, but the guy they had him fight was not in the same league athletically, so it was difficult to gauge how good the kid really was. He's only 23 and seems to have a ton of potential.

BTW, can't wait to watch the Torres fight. I've only started following his career, but his last couple of fights have instantly made him one of my favorite guys to watch in all of MMA.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

Rumor has Clay Guida vs. Nate Diaz at UFC 94 (GSP/BJ II)

Would make for an absolute SICK card.

GSP/BJ II
    Machida/T. Silva
    Fitch/Gono
    Guida/Nate

Then for the 5th fight... Bonnar/Jon Jones or Karo/DHK.

Wow.

Not to mention that Wednesday is the Faber/Pulver II, and Cerrone vs. Varner in the WEC event.

MMMMMM

Frankie Edgar suffered an injury and isn't fighting tonight in the fight for the troops. Damnit.

Impressed by Mike Swick and Josh Koscheck... and Steve Cantwell for that matter.

Wow, great punch(s) from Koscheck, great fight for him, pretty much took Yoshida's head off, that's what he needed.

Swick looked good as well.
    Last edited by two24four; 12-10-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Koscheck is fine. Yoshida was a suspect fight.. but he made quick work of it. The Alves fight by no means is an indiction on where Koscheck stands in that WW division. I would put him neck and neck with his good friend Fitch for the 3rd best WW in the UFC.

The more I watch Koscheck fight, the more I become a fan of his.

Also how about Steve Cantwell pretty much breaking (if he did not) Razak Al-Hassan's arm, that was sick to watch, like tap out dude.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Also how about Steve Cantwell pretty much breaking (if he did not) Razak Al-Hassan's arm, that was sick to watch, like tap out dude.
    Haha I've seen Cantwell a couple times in the WEC. He is a solid fighter, that was pretty sick though. I've seen worse

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    is anyone else bored with the ultimate fighter finale machups? i dont think they'll be that great and probably both one sided...

I do think Phillipe should dominate Efrain, and I think if Bader tries to just lay and pray that Vinny will submit him. Both could of either way though, Phillipe hasn't been tested like Efrain will (although Phillipe just got his BJJ blackbelt)

I'm looking forward to watching it Saturday night.

IF Vinny doen not dominate Bader in the two minutes I would be shocked.... Nover should kill Efferain as well, but I am pretty confident the Bader fight will be quick and one sided. Junie proves being a douche bag gets you more coverage, I still cant believe they are televising his dumb ass again. He was pretty boring in the octagon IMO.

Junie will put fans in the stands, plain and simple. Dana is a business man. There is a reason why CB Dollaway is fighting on the main card on the 27th, and not the Okami/Lister fight. Because if you are not "hardcore" into MMA, you don't know much about Okami/Lister.. but if you watched TUF you know CB.

I agree, Junie is nothing special but he is a nutjob and will put asses in the seats.

I agree that Bader should get beat, I think he will try to lay and pray and he will be submitted by Vinny.

Efrain is a tough dude, but Nover just flat out is better. I expect him to pick him apart then bring it to the ground and rear naked choke.

I'm ready for tonight!

I hope Junie beats Kaplan BTW.

Yeah tonight should be good for sure. I'm also looking forward to the Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald vs Wilson Gouveia fight tonight.

I hope they show the Soszynski vs Primm fight, I would not mind seeing it.

They might depending on how fast the fights go, they might show some undercard. Anthony Johnson gets to fight again after that freak poke in the eye, he is a good talent. Will be fun.

Thread Information