Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbob42 View Post
    sucked amir couldn't fight, hope he's better for the next one
    Amir is a subpar fighter than went on a good streak on TUF, IMO. I have no clue how him and CB were both lined up for Main-card appearences on back to back UFC's.

CB is a legitimate fighter in the vein of Koscheck and Evans. He's a wrestler who has committed to MMA. Amir surprised everybody with his success on TUF. He could end up losing all of his UFC fights, or he could wind up proving all of his critics wrong. Personally, I think Amir has a ton of heart but has limited athletic/technical ability. Whether his heart can carry him to success or not is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Amir struggle against legitimate MMA fighters.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    A quick night tonight and I about hit every fight dead on, even the outcomes of how they would win.

My boy KenFlo looks AWESOME going into his BJ Fight.

Brock was too much to handle, he almost pushes the limits of the heavyweight size to be honest. 45 pounds more is ALOT.
    I've always been a fan of Florian, and he looked like a champion in the fight against Stevenson.

I definitely thought that the short fights took away from the total quality of the event. We saw almost all of the preliminary fights, and that is not a good thing.

My friend's bro was watching the event at my place and was definitely upset when Tamdan lost. McCrory had the advantage on his feet but was at the mercy of Hazelett's BJJ on the ground.

As far as the main event is concerned, I thought that Couture would try to extend the fight in an effort to expose Lesnar's cardio. It seemed as if that was his gameplan, but he was randomly caught. Lesnar capitalized and was able to finish the fight, but I like either Mir or Nog against Lesnar in the unification bout. Dana will make the most of Lesnar's short lived stardom, but other than his size, Lesnar is nothing special.

- Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    CB is a legitimate fighter in the vein of Koscheck and Evans. He's a wrestler who has committed to MMA. Amir surprised everybody with his success on TUF. He could end up losing all of his UFC fights, or he could wind up proving all of his critics wrong. Personally, I think Amir has a ton of heart but has limited athletic/technical ability. Whether his heart can carry him to success or not is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Amir struggle against legitimate MMA fighters.
    I agree with both comments on CB and Amir. I do think CB could be a legit fighter in the UFC, but I don't think he has hit that plateau yet. They were going to put Amir's fight on the card over that HAZELETT fight. Dustin Hazelett is the REAL DEAL already, Amir hasn't done anything. That would of been a real drag..

As for CB, He is fight Massenzio and they are putting that on the Main Card in the Forrest/Evans fight over Okami vs. Lister which could very well be Okami's prefight to Silva.. wouldn't the world like to see that live?

I agree with both comments on CB and Amir. I do think CB could be a legit fighter in the UFC, but I don't think he has hit that plateau yet. They were going to put Amir's fight on the card over that HAZELETT fight. Dustin Hazelett is the REAL DEAL already, Amir hasn't done anything. That would of been a real drag..

As for CB, He is fight Massenzio and they are putting that on the Main Card in the Forrest/Evans fight over Okami vs. Lister which could very well be Okami's prefight to Silva.. wouldn't the world like to see that live?
    You have to remember that the UFC is a business first and a competition second. Fights make the main card based on how many viewers they will bring to the event. While hardcore fans like us would like to see the best fights possible, there are hundreds of thousands of MMA "fans" who would rather watch a guy they've seen before than a guy like Okami who has had success outside of the American market. I argree that the Okami fight (and others) should make the main card over the CB fight (and others), but I trust Joe Silva. I think he'll schedule the fights that will best serve the sport and will balance the needs of the hardcore community while providing the mainstream with the popular names that they desire.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

You have to remember that the UFC is a business first and a competition second. Fights make the main card based on how many viewers they will bring to the event. While hardcore fans like us would like to see the best fights possible, there are hundreds of thousands of MMA "fans" who would rather watch a guy they've seen before than a guy like Okami who has had success outside of the American market. I argree that the Okami fight (and others) should make the main card over the CB fight (and others), but I trust Joe Silva. I think he'll schedule the fights that will best serve the sport and will balance the needs of the hardcore community while providing the mainstream with the popular names that they desire.
    Oh you are completely dead on. It's what TUF did for UFC. More people that see CB on a Card, after they watched TUF(for the first time) will be tempted into buying it. Obviously, I'm a pretty hardcore watcher and fan, as are you. I just think they should reward me over them It's all good, Okami/Lister will be shown 1st after the Main event I'm sure.

By the way, who do you like Evans or Forrest? I really think if Forrest doesn't let Rashad shoot and take him down he should win. He could go into the fight with his same plan he had against Rampage. Chip at his legs, and then when its on the ground take top position. Forrests BJJ is extremely underrated, and he is one of the best ground and pounders in the business. I'd LOVE to see Forrest pull this off... I really want to see Lyoto vs. Griffin.

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    amir beat CB the same way twice and yet he's the subpar fighter and cb is legite? I kinda combined the two posts, but eih. see how he does, i like him so i want to see him have a chance, its up to him, it doesn't matter what i say, i just know i liked him on the show and hope he does ok

amir beat CB the same way twice and yet he's the subpar fighter and cb is legite? I kinda combined the two posts, but eih. see how he does, i like him so i want to see him have a chance, its up to him, it doesn't matter what i say, i just know i liked him on the show and hope he does ok
    Oh man, I wasn't trying to cut you down at all. I like many of fighters that alot of people don't have a fighting chance. Hell, I know Florian is a big name but I've been on him since day 1 as well. Amir is a very respectable guy, and he does have a chance to be a good fighter. I just don't see it to this point. But who did at TUF as well?

Wasn't trying to bash you bob, sorry if it came off that way man

Oh you are completely dead on. It's what TUF did for UFC. More people that see CB on a Card, after they watched TUF(for the first time) will be tempted into buying it. Obviously, I'm a pretty hardcore watcher and fan, as are you. I just think they should reward me over them It's all good, Okami/Lister will be shown 1st after the Main event I'm sure.

By the way, who do you like Evans or Forrest? I really think if Forrest doesn't let Rashad shoot and take him down he should win. He could go into the fight with his same plan he had against Rampage. Chip at his legs, and then when its on the ground take top position. Forrests BJJ is extremely underrated, and he is one of the best ground and pounders in the business. I'd LOVE to see Forrest pull this off... I really want to see Lyoto vs. Griffin.
    I personally have a grudge against Rashad, so I don't know if I'm the best person to ask about one of his fights. That being said, I think Forrest is somewhat overrated himself (might have something to do with how big a fan I am of "Shogun" Rua). Still, I really think that the Forrest/Evans fight could be one for the ages. Rashad is ridiculously athletic and Forrest is tough as they come.

You seem to think that Forrest owns the advantage standing up, but Rashad has shown in his past few fights that he has considerable finishing ability on his feet. However, even if the fight goes to the ground, I like Forrest's BJJ over Rashad's, so I doubt Rashad will try too hard to get the fight to the ground. In the end, I think this fight will be one of those fights that both hardcore and casual fans enjoy, becuase both fighters will be aggressive from the start.

Yes, Machida/Griffin would be entertaining, but as much as I despise Rashad, I think he could give Machida fits, as well. The LHW division is definitely one of the UFC's deeper divisions right now, and I am definitely excited to see how the next few fights pan out.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

Yeah I don't want Rashad vs. Lyoto, because Lyoto couldn't do his new named fighting style "The Machida" to him, and keep him guessing. But I'm surprised to hear you don't think Rashad will want to bring it to the ground, his wrestling is far, far above Forrests, but I guess Forrests BJJ cancels that out. I do think Evans has some underrated punching power, but I tend to look past that vicious KO of Liddell because Liddell was folded up bad not too long before that Evans fight as well.

Evans really IMO, has not so great of a resume. He split with Bisping who looks a hell of a lot better down a class, he drew with Tito (I think?) has beaten Bonnar and KO'd Liddell obviously. I think this is a big step up to Forrest, who I do agree can be a bit overrated.

The thing about Forrest that he showed against Rampage, he FINALLY went in the ring controlled and with a gameplan. He normally is just a man possessed and looks for blood. He was so controlled against Rampage it makes Forrest REAL scary.

Yeah I don't want Rashad vs. Lyoto, because Lyoto couldn't do his new named fighting style "The Machida" to him, and keep him guessing. But I'm surprised to hear you don't think Rashad will want to bring it to the ground, his wrestling is far, far above Forrests, but I guess Forrests BJJ cancels that out. I do think Evans has some underrated punching power, but I tend to look past that vicious KO of Liddell because Liddell was folded up bad not too long before that Evans fight as well.

Evans really IMO, has not so great of a resume. He split with Bisping who looks a hell of a lot better down a class, he drew with Tito (I think?) has beaten Bonnar and KO'd Liddell obviously. I think this is a big step up to Forrest, who I do agree can be a bit overrated.

The thing about Forrest that he showed against Rampage, he FINALLY went in the ring controlled and with a gameplan. He normally is just a man possessed and looks for blood. He was so controlled against Rampage it makes Forrest REAL scary.
    I really hope Forrest figures out a gameplan for Rashad. As much as I like to think of myself as an objective MMA observer, I really don't like Rashad. Rashad is likely stronger and faster than Forrest, but Forrest is tougher and has shown that he possesses a more complete game. Forrest could win in a number of ways, but his brawling stand-up style could also come back to bite him in this fight.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

Banned All-Star
    Lesnar is nothing special.
    Wow... have to disagree with this Zang. Lesner just has to work on his endurance, holds and submission and he is going to be unstoppable. The guy is amazingly athletic and fast as hell for a big man. He can overpower pretty much every fighter in the UFC, he just needs to work on his submission moves and his defense of submission moves.

Sounds like it'll be Mir they put him up against next, which should be interesting to see now that Lesner has had quite a bit more training in MMA since Mir beat him. This fight I am loking forward to.

As for the fight Saturday, Randy just looked like he was getting overpowered hard. I was hoping that Randy could pull it off, but common sense told me that it wont happen with a 45 pounts weight advantage. Lesners main weakness is his defense, but Couture had a hard time getting those big ass limbs of Brocks into a submission. Have to remember Lesner is a wrestler, and is not completely out of his element on the ground. His stand up game looked impressive too, as he was definitely using his reach advantage alot.

Lesner should be the top guy in UFC for a few years, as he is only going to get better and better.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegWingnut View Post

Lesner should be the top guy in UFC for a few years, as he is only going to get better and better.
    I think Nog can beat Lesner.

Nog can still beat him, Mir still would have a shot on the ground with him... and the up and comers in Carwin and Cain both have the size to give him problems with that as well. I wouldn't yet say that Lesnar is the best HW in the UFC yet.

Nog can still beat him, Mir still would have a shot on the ground with him... and the up and comers in Carwin and Cain both have the size to give him problems with that as well. I wouldn't yet say that Lesnar is the best HW in the UFC yet.
    Agreed.

Rumor: UFC 95 Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13268/repo...ck-liddell.mma

Rumor: UFC 95 Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13268/repo...ck-liddell.mma
    Are you kidding me, what a joke, Dana needs to stop this shit with Liddell, he's not the fighter he once was, Silva will eat him alive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Are you kidding me, what a joke, Dana needs to stop this shit with Liddell, he's not the fighter he once was, Silva will eat him alive IMO.
    Yeah I agree, plus it doesn't make sense for UFC as a whole. If Silva kills Liddell it will put him into retirement, and if somehow Liddell catches Silva.. then Silva now drops from the P4P rankings, and the UFC stud MMA'er is going to be frowned upon.

Rumors are rumors though... I much rather see Maia vs. Silva already although Maia has called out Bisping and that might be the fight to see who gets Silva next? or after Okami if he beats Lister?

Yeah I agree, plus it doesn't make sense for UFC as a whole. If Silva kills Liddell it will put him into retirement, and if somehow Liddell catches Silva.. then Silva now drops from the P4P rankings, and the UFC stud MMA'er is going to be frowned upon.
    I'm sure they're hoping for a tough-fought victory by Silva over Liddell. Just another passing of the guard for Silva.

And even if Silva dominates Chuck, I doubt that's going to change much for either fighters image. Silva is already considered the best in the UFC, so beating Liddell should come as no surprise. And as long a Chuck doesn't literally get killed (or seriously injured), he'll still be "The Iceman" and will have UFC card appeal as long as he wants to fight (see Couture, Randy).

The only way this would be bad for the UFC is if Liddell catches Silva somehow and makes him look bad. Highly unlikely, but even if that were to happen, from a ratings/interest perspective, that would be a boon for the UFC (comeback of a former great, Silva needing to reestablish himself, etc.) It might weaken Silva's street cred/p4p rankings... but last time I checked, that doesn't bring in PPV money.

I dont see Liddell getting out of the 1st round vs Silva if this fight does happen.

Liddell should almost retire now, but he's Dana's boy so we know he wont.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8music View Post
    I'm sure they're hoping for a tough-fought victory by Silva over Liddell. Just another passing of the guard for Silva.

And even if Silva dominates Chuck, I doubt that's going to change much for either fighters image. Silva is already considered the best in the UFC, so beating Liddell should come as no surprise. And as long a Chuck doesn't literally get killed (or seriously injured), he'll still be "The Iceman" and will have UFC card appeal as long as he wants to fight (see Couture, Randy).

The only way this would be bad for the UFC is if Liddell catches Silva somehow and makes him look bad. Highly unlikely, but even if that were to happen, from a ratings/interest perspective, that would be a boon for the UFC (comeback of a former great, Silva needing to reestablish himself, etc.) It might weaken Silva's street cred/p4p rankings... but last time I checked, that doesn't bring in PPV money.
    Liddell will be done if he loses this one by KO. He has been knocked out on a regular basis now, and he will duck his head and walk away with a nice check from Dana.

Silva's P4P rankings surely do help PPV money, he has quickly risen to one of the most popular fighters amoung even semi-fans that know a bit about the sport. I'm not worried about Anderson loosing though, never puts himself in bad positions. I don't think he should be fighting 205 though, considering he won't fight Lyoto and he is on the fast track to the 205 title shot.

I want to see either Okami vs. Silva, or Maia vs. Silva. I think they are the two that pose "somewhat" of a challenge to him.

WW, Regarding my comment about Lesnar, I did qualify my statement saying, "other than his size," but I still do think he is just a wrestler, not a mixed martial artist. He is powerful and fast, but that won't mean much when he's on his back. And yes, I definitely think Nogueira will beat Mir and then Lesnar to unify the title.

I understand why rumors like the Silva/Liddell fight would be popping up. Silva is running out of guys to fight. That being said, the fight would be a joke. Liddell's stand up game is so predictable at this point that Silva would make him look ridiculous.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

Both Penn and GSP where at the Leafs game tonight, and both will be on The Score tomorrow along with Dana White at 2pm live.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-18-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    i didnt see the fight, but did lesnar figure out how to ground and pound? his fight before this one he could get the guy into a great position, he just didnt seem to want to do anything.

any word on ufc 100? they better have some sweet stuff coming up for that.

i didnt see the fight, but did lesnar figure out how to ground and pound? his fight before this one he could get the guy into a great position, he just didnt seem to want to do anything.

any word on ufc 100? they better have some sweet stuff coming up for that.
    Lesnar was not impressive on the ground. Couture was much better. Lesnar BJJ is getting atleast somewhat decent. Which he will need much much more along the road.

Well Fedor has challenged Lesner to a fight it would seem. Not that is going to happen or anything otherwise we would have seen Fedor and Couture fight.

"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels! Eli was screwed!

EMAIL: mtr@rajahwwf.com
    AIM: MTR08

In a SHOCKING move, UFC Cuts Jon Fitch who went 5 with GSP for the belt not long ago.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-cuts-fitch-15235

In a SHOCKING move, UFC Cuts Jon Fitch who went 5 with GSP for the belt not long ago.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-cuts-fitch-15235
    Hardcore sports radio is trying to get Fitch on tonight, in the next hour.

Edit: He's on right now.
    Last edited by two24four; 11-20-2008 at 01:07 AM.

Well I got the scoop. There was a Merchandise between UFC and American Kickingboxing Association (most know Fitch and Josh Koscheck). Yes, Koscheck will also be kicked out if he stays with AKA, and most MMA fighters have pride in their gym, so I don't think Kos will leave. He will fight Yoshida still because they will respect him for coming to fight Alves before that on 2 weeks noticed, but he will be cut.

This is bad for the UFC, this is very bad.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    Well I got the scoop. There was a Merchandise between UFC and American Kickingboxing Association (most know Fitch and Josh Koscheck). Yes, Koscheck will also be kicked out if he stays with AKA, and most MMA fighters have pride in their gym, so I don't think Kos will leave. He will fight Yoshida still because they will respect him for coming to fight Alves before that on 2 weeks noticed, but he will be cut.

This is bad for the UFC, this is very bad.
    No...he'll headline that card because it's a charity thing for the troops and UFC wouldn't want to suddenly replace one of the headlines on that card because of a money grab, it's just bad business.

Look, I love the UFC, but I don't have to love the way it's run.

This whole story makes Dana White look like an absolute peice of scum. He's trash, and cutting Jon Fitch is silly.

Thread Information