Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Offical MMA Thread

I figured I'd start one since it's going to start coming up on alot of talking. Filho and Faber both fight on the WEC card on Wednesday. Lesner/Couture soon, etc.

Also Leben got busted for roids, gone for 9 months.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-fla...roid-use-15031

Season Ticket Holder Hall of Famer Dubz's Avatar
    I knew Leben was a loser....ever since he broke the door like a foolish madman then cried like a baby after the he lost in TUF #1. Entertaining to watch his style of fighting though....which is basically "Im not losing any other way than by KO"
    http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx202/sdubzz/habs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sdubzz View Post
    I knew Leben was a loser....ever since he broke the door like a foolish madman then cried like a baby after the he lost in TUF #1. Entertaining to watch his style of fighting though....which is basically "Im not losing any other way than by KO"
    I agree...

Good fighter, Iron chin but bitch boy and crys too much.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    that same episode is when bobby southworth called leben a fatherless bastard and he flipped after him and koscheck got leben with the hose outside lmao that was probably the craziest episode of any season.
    Last edited by mrtybrodur30; 11-04-2008 at 01:25 AM.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/filho-m...tle-bout-15040

Filho misses weight by SEVEN pounds. Incredible.

Ajde Anci!! All-Star mrtybrodur30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    http://sherdog.com/news/news/filho-m...tle-bout-15040

Filho misses weight by SEVEN pounds. Incredible.
    wow what an idiot

Good idea on the thread.

Too bad about Leben. He'll always be a controversial figure, but he's also been involved in some really entertaining fights.

In regards to Filho, you have to remember that he's also had problems with drugs/alcohol before. The guy is a great fighter, but he's not what I would call a professional. I wonder what will happen when the WEC and UFC merger is finalized. Dana won't put up with that kind of unprofessional behavior.

"In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate."
    - Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

Denis Kang signs with UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15614

He may be a bit of an unknown for many North American MMA fans, but I've watched him fight on numerous Japanese cards. He's very well rounded but has had fights where he just didn't look focused on his opponent. If he can deal with the spotlight of the UFC, he should be an immediate player in the UFC MW division.

- Rene Descartes

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    - R.W. Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
    Denis Kang signs with UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15614

He may be a bit of an unknown for many North American MMA fans, but I've watched him fight on numerous Japanese cards. He's very well rounded but has had fights where he just didn't look focused on his opponent. If he can deal with the spotlight of the UFC, he should be an immediate player in the UFC MW division.
    Yeah I've watched some of his Japanese cards as well, very well rounded fighter and could be a decent fighter at the MW division.

In regards to Filho. It's the last fight at that weight in WEC, the least he could of done was miss by a couple pounds.. not 7. He needs to cut 4 pounds tonight to get the fight back on.

In regards to Filho. It's the last fight at that weight in WEC, the least he could of done was miss by a couple pounds.. not 7. He needs to cut 4 pounds tonight to get the fight back on.
    The title fight is off no matter what, though, right?

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

The title fight is off no matter what, though, right?
    I guess, but it doesn't matter.. its the last fight at that division in WEC. They are closing the division.

True, I guess it would simply be a matter for the record books.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

Well Urijah's unorthidox style comes back to bite him. Missed the spin-elbow, and Mike Brown's strength completely blew him apart.

Mike Brown is a serious contender, he has a great team behind him at Americas Top Team, and he is HUGE for a 145'er. Good fighter.

Filho was a complete joke and I'm happy he went out the way he did, on his ass losing. Whata joke of a fight.

Well Urijah's unorthidox style comes back to bite him. Missed the spin-elbow, and Mike Brown's strength completely blew him apart.

Mike Brown is a serious contender, he has a great team behind him at Americas Top Team, and he is HUGE for a 145'er. Good fighter.

Filho was a complete joke and I'm happy he went out the way he did, on his ass losing. Whata joke of a fight.
    Agreed

If Urijah stuck to his wrestling foundations he'd never lose, but he seems to be arrogant to the extent that he thinks he can stand with guys he shouldn't stand with. It worked against Pulver, but it came back to bite him tonight.

Filho's fight was a disgrace to the sport. It was obvious that Filho had no interest in fighting Sonnen. I'd previously been a supporter of Filho, but after his performance tonight, I wouldn't be disappointed if he never fought again.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

Agreed

If Urijah stuck to his wrestling foundations he'd never lose, but he seems to be arrogant to the extent that he thinks he can stand with guys he shouldn't stand with. It worked against Pulver, but it came back to bite him tonight.

Filho's fight was a disgrace to the sport. It was obvious that Filho had no interest in fighting Sonnen. I'd previously been a supporter of Filho, but after his performance tonight, I wouldn't be disappointed if he never fought again.
    Agreed, I thought Urijah was doing a good job early dealing with Brown's strength, but then he just led himself into that hook. Stupid move, Urijah's unorthidox style is very good, but he should of tried to get that to the ground.

As for Filho, I couldn't agree more. I was telling a friend just beforeh is fight, if the guy is in shape he might be the best BJJ in the sport. He is just phenomnial, but tonight he put himself as a Dud in my book. He won't be touching the UFC, you won't hear Filho much anymore, if ever.

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Well the fight we all knew was coming has been confirmed, GSP vs Penn, Super Bowl weekend.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=255523&l...headlines_main

I'm pumped, cant wait for this fight, should be a great weekend with lots of

My UFC 91 Predictions: (Full Card):

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture - TKO
    Kenny "Kenflo" Florian vs. Joe "Daddy" Stevenson - Decision
    Demian Maia vs. Nate "The Rock" Quarry - Sub
    Josh Hendricks vs. Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga - Sub
    Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Jeremy Stephens - TKO
    Alvin "Kid" Robinson vs. Mark Bocek - Sub
    Dustin "McLovin" Hazelett vs. Tamden "Barncat" McCrory - Sub
    Jorge Gurgel vs. Aaron Riley - Decision
    Matt Brown vs. Ryan Thomas - Decision

I think Brock takes Randy to the ground and can punish him with his weight. I wouldn't be surprised at the least though if Randy locks him in something. We will also see Brocks chin I think.

I think if Maia doesn't get Nate to the ground early, he could have problems but Maia will even let Nate take top position and sub him out from the bottom.

Really happy Dustin Hazelett made it back up to the Maincard since Amir pulled out with his infection, I really like the kid and he is an up-comer, he should have an impressive win.

I think Fight of the Night will be Florian/Stevenson, they will battle all 3 rounds.

Looking forward to it!

I think Randy will win, that's my prediction anyways, but I think deep down Dana will be real happy if Brock wins.

I don't think it matters who wins... Nog will beat either of them. IMO.

I don't think it matters who wins... Nog will beat either of them. IMO.
    I agree, I just think Dana wants Brock as his poster child for abit.

I'm very torn on the main event. Lesnar has all the physical tools to dominate the much smaller Couture, but Randy is the ultimate cerebral fighter. Randy has been training with some huge guys at his camp and will come to the fight with an excellent game plan (as he always does). I find myself having a difficult time siding with one guy or the other in a prediction, but I think Randy has a slightly better chance of winning, if only because he will be better prepared for the fight.

Aside from the main event, the card doesn't jump out at me as a great UFC card, but the Ken-Flo/Stephens fight could be great.

I'll definitely be rooting for Tamdan McCrory in his fight against Hazelett. My buddy's brother trains at his gym, and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Amir's injury has given him an opportunity to fight on the main card, and a solid performance could propel him into the ranks of the contenders at 170lbs.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

I'm very torn on the main event. Lesnar has all the physical tools to dominate the much smaller Couture, but Randy is the ultimate cerebral fighter. Randy has been training with some huge guys at his camp and will come to the fight with an excellent game plan (as he always does). I find myself having a difficult time siding with one guy or the other in a prediction, but I think Randy has a slightly better chance of winning, if only because he will be better prepared for the fight.

Aside from the main event, the card doesn't jump out at me as a great UFC card, but the Ken-Flo/Stephens fight could be great.

I'll definitely be rooting for Tamdan McCrory in his fight against Hazelett. My buddy's brother trains at his gym, and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Amir's injury has given him an opportunity to fight on the main card, and a solid performance could propel him into the ranks of the contenders at 170lbs.
    Dude I actually think this is a very nice card, Kenny Florians fight will be Fight of the Night... we all can see if Nate can keep it on the ground, or Maia get it to the ground with one of his famous submissions. Hazelett vs. Tamdan will be an underrated fight.. and we get to see 2 Heavyweight fights. I'm pretty happy about it

I agree, other then the Lesner vs Couture fight, and the Ken-Flo vs Stephens fight, I'm not really jacked about any of the other fights as much.

Now the card Dec 27th is full of great fights.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir

Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Cheick Kongo vs Mustapha Al-Turk

Matt Hamill vs Reese Andy

Now that's a card, and that's not even all the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    I agree, other then the Lesner vs Couture fight, and the Ken-Flo vs Stephens fight, I'm not really jacked about any of the other fights as much.

Now the card Dec 27th is full of great fights.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir

Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Cheick Kongo vs Mustapha Al-Turk

Matt Hamill vs Reese Andy

Now that's a card, and that's not even all the fights.
    The anticipation of this card (despite the cheesy "UFC: The Ultimate" name) is probably what is preventing me from getting really excited about tonight's card. I'm sure I'll enjoy tonight's fights, but that December card has three fights that would headline any other card.

- Rene Descartes

- R.W. Emerson

A quick night tonight and I about hit every fight dead on, even the outcomes of how they would win.

My boy KenFlo looks AWESOME going into his BJ Fight.

Brock was too much to handle, he almost pushes the limits of the heavyweight size to be honest. 45 pounds more is ALOT.

Senior Member All-Star CayugaPosse's Avatar
    A quick night tonight and I about hit every fight dead on, even the outcomes of how they would win.

My boy KenFlo looks AWESOME going into his BJ Fight.

Brock was too much to handle, he almost pushes the limits of the heavyweight size to be honest. 45 pounds more is ALOT.
    Try 60-70 pounds more. Lesnar has to cut like 25+ pounds just to get down to the 265 needed to legally be a heavyweight. He weighs around 280 at fight time.

Quote Originally Posted by CayugaPosse View Post
    Try 60-70 pounds more. Lesnar has to cut like 25+ pounds just to get down to the 265 needed to legally be a heavyweight. He weighs around 280 at fight time.
    I'd put him 275 max at fight time, even the small guys can only put on 7-10 in 24-36 hours pre-fight.

Also Randy looked like was BARELY 220, he didn't look big at all.. I know no one does vs. Brock but he looked alot smaller than previously.

That was a fast night, kind of boring really, sucked having to watch some of the pre-taped fights from before just to kill some time.

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    That was a fast night, kind of boring really, sucked having to watch some of the pre-taped fights from before just to kill some time.
    I agree.. but I was happy to see Matt Brown.

Ploughing since 1985 All-Star Farmerbob42's Avatar
    sucked amir couldn't fight, hope he's better for the next one

Thread Information