Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba

Senior Member Hall of Famer two24four's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    agree on dwight being a beast, the guy is unstoppable lol
    When he wants to be he is. He's the new younger Shaq IMO, starting off in the same place as well, lol.

Sounds like Shaq is going to the Cavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

Only things I'm curious with the draft is the amount of trades that could go down... and where my boy Jermaine Taylor lands

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

A serious source saying Nets send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Magic for Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie

I'd love the deal. Vince Carter gives us the versatile scorer we need. Jump shot, driving skills, etc. Also, I love Ryan Andersons game, loved him at CAL. I think this would be a dandy deal, and if we somehow brought back Hedo we would easily be favorites out of the east at this point.

Pull the trigger Otis!

Best pick in the top 3? James Harden. So damn polished, will do great things. I love that they will now keep Westbrook on the ball, he had a great rookie year and can play such outstanding defense. Now you have the point-2guard to go with Durant at the 3.

The Thunder are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinna13 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

A serious source saying Nets send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Magic for Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie

I'd love the deal. Vince Carter gives us the versatile scorer we need. Jump shot, driving skills, etc. Also, I love Ryan Andersons game, loved him at CAL. I think this would be a dandy deal, and if we somehow brought back Hedo we would easily be favorites out of the east at this point.

Pull the trigger Otis!
    Solid move for them talent-wise but they really need to have Howard develop more low post moves and shoot free throws more consistently. They need that to happen more than anything, IMHO.

Gerald Henderson #12??

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    Solid move for them talent-wise but they really need to have Howard develop more low post moves and shoot free throws more consistently. They need that to happen more than anything, IMHO.
    I respectfully disagree. Howard does a damn good job, yeah he needs a go-to post move, but he still is a defensive dog and he scores 20 points a game one way or another. We needed someone who could score in a verity of ways, and more importantly someone down the stretch we can ISOLATE, I couldn't be more happy with the trade.

Howard is still young and raw offensively, but he is a horse down there.

Gerald Henderson #12??
    I knew Larry Brown would bite on him. The only knock I have on Henderson is... he can't get much better. Seems to me like he has peaked, and his peak really isn't that special. Larry Brown type player though

I respectfully disagree. Howard does a damn good job, yeah he needs a go-to post move, but he still is a defensive dog and he scores 20 points a game one way or another. We needed someone who could score in a verity of ways, and more importantly someone down the stretch we can ISOLATE, I couldn't be more happy with the trade.

Howard is still young and raw offensively, but he is a horse down there.
    I agree that he's a beast. I love his size. I am talking about him and the team taking it to the next level. I worry that, unless he works on his moves and free throw shooting, they will continue to end up like they did this year. I would like to see them take it to the next level.

Minnesota must have some more deals up their sleeve.

Senior Member All-Star
    They're going to send Ty Lawson to Denver for a first-rounder next year (which Denver got from Charlotte IIRC)

I agree that he's a beast. I love his size. I am talking about him and the team taking it to the next level. I worry that, unless he works on his moves and free throw shooting, they will continue to end up like they did this year. I would like to see them take it to the next level.

Minnesota must have some more deals up their sleeve.
    3 point guards for Minnesota, I have no idea what to think. I still hate the move they made to get rid of Foye. I think Rubio is headed to NY for Jordan Hill, or something along those lines.

As for Howard.. I think the difference is with us next year. Nelson and VC will be able to score the ball in the 4th quarter with a bunch of different ways. We won't have to rely on Hedo and Lewis taking 3 after 3 after 3.

Protected 2010 First round Pick (From Denver) for Ty Lawson. Well... Minnesota NEVER surprises me.

Then take Wayne Ellington. I guess that is a fine pick. But still shocked at some of their selections/trades.

3 point guards for Minnesota, I have no idea what to think. I still hate the move they made to get rid of Foye. I think Rubio is headed to NY for Jordan Hill, or something along those lines.

As for Howard.. I think the difference is with us next year. Nelson and VC will be able to score the ball in the 4th quarter with a bunch of different ways. We won't have to rely on Hedo and Lewis taking 3 after 3 after 3.
    For your sake, I hope you're right about Carter. I know that Orlando is a much different team but I see Orlando as a team that focuses on a lot of ball movement to either get the ball into Howard or rotate it to get the open 3 from any of their perimeter players. I saw Carter take a lot of bad shots for the Nets this season. I know that he had to in NJ but that isn't a good trait to have.

For your sake, I hope you're right about Carter. I know that Orlando is a much different team but I see Orlando as a team that focuses on a lot of ball movement to either get the ball into Howard or rotate it to get the open 3 from any of their perimeter players. I saw Carter take a lot of bad shots for the Nets this season. I know that he had to in NJ but that isn't a good trait to have.
    Orlando actually isn't a ball movement team at all. They know Howard is limited in post moves, with Jameer Nelson you will alot more pick and roll and now with VC you will see alot more iso situations for him. Maybe some hi-low with VC and Howard, I think its just a match made in heaven.

Now we don't need Hedo back, we got the poor mans Hedo in Ryan Anderson, who I love and VC will step right into the lineup.

Jermaine Taylor is going to be a top 3 pick in the second round hopefully, I'm telling you people are sleeping on this kid! Fran from ESPN loves him and I think Bilas will have nice things to say about him, big knock on him is the Conference USA and his defense.

Orlando actually isn't a ball movement team at all. They know Howard is limited in post moves, with Jameer Nelson you will alot more pick and roll and now with VC you will see alot more iso situations for him. Maybe some hi-low with VC and Howard, I think its just a match made in heaven.

Now we don't need Hedo back, we got the poor mans Hedo in Ryan Anderson, who I love and VC will step right into the lineup.

Jermaine Taylor is going to be a top 3 pick in the second round hopefully, I'm telling you people are sleeping on this kid! Fran from ESPN loves him and I think Bilas will have nice things to say about him, big knock on him is the Conference USA and his defense.
    Sorry. I didn't mean to classify them as a traditional "ball movement" team. I see that they run a lot of pick-and-roll. I meant that their offense focuses a lot on creating an open 3. Especially late in the season, they did it beautifully. I could see Vince having problems adjusting to that.

Sorry. I didn't mean to classify them as a traditional "ball movement" team. I see that they run a lot of -pick-and-rolls. I meant that their offense focuses a lot on creating an open 3. Especially late in the season, they did it beautifully. I could see Vince having problems adjusting to that.
    But I think they saw they needed to stop the focus on so many 3's, atleast down the stretch. Vince is an underrated shooter, and I think he brings so much to the offense to help when they really need it down the stretch. The isolation game, and hi/low game is going to be huge for the Magic.

Who knows though, I do see where you are coming from.

Second pick in the 2nd round. Jermaine Taylor!!! I'm pumped for the kid, really good kid and is going to be a really good player

Pistons took a Swedish forward in the 2nd. Ken Holland must have made the pick while Joe Dumars was in the can.

Jermaine Taylor traded to Houston

Good luck with Wince Carter

Quote Originally Posted by two24four View Post
    Good luck with Wince Carter
    He'll always be a pouty bitch, but next year he will do well in ORL

Fucking Artest goes to LA for the full mid-level basically...3 yrs $18mm - how can you compete when guys take big cuts like that to play for the Lakers???

Can you see what I see??? Hall of Famer secol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Fucking Artest goes to LA for the full mid-level basically...3 yrs $18mm - how can you compete when guys take big cuts like that to play for the Lakers???
    remember it's artest though, things don't go well and he's gonna blow
    12 team Keeper League ROTO....G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, GWG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO...KEEP 5

H2H 12 teamer, 4 keeper.....G, A, P, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, W, S%, GAA, SHO

Want Injury Info? Check this Link Out

Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Don't assume a repeat because they have upgraded on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by secol View Post
    remember it's artest though, things don't go well and he's gonna blow
    I don't think it will...he's older and more mature now, he has Kobe there and Phil as well and he wants to win a championship obviously.

Don't assume a repeat because they have upgraded on paper.
    Sure, and fair enough, but Artest is a defensive machine capable of 15-20pts each night. I'd LOVE that on my team! I certainly think Ron will just as well offensively as Ariza next to Kobe and his defence is better.

Senior Member All-Star
    They still haven't re-signed Odom yet, right? I know him and Artest are friends, but they need him back to still be considered a favorite to make the finals again.

Though Rasheed going to the Celtics certainly makes them more powerful, assuming KG can keep him motivated

Quote Originally Posted by eff1ngham View Post
    They still haven't re-signed Odom yet, right? I know him and Artest are friends, but they need him back to still be considered a favorite to make the finals again.

Though Rasheed going to the Celtics certainly makes them more powerful, assuming KG can keep him motivated
    Odom already has said he will take a cut to stay in LA (He started his career there as well) I think its a matter of time before he resigns.

The Artest sign comes as no surprise, they weren't going to give Ariza the type of money that the Rockets did. The Media jumped on Ariza's wagon but in reality he wasn't that special.

Celts getting Sheed make them better and they were going after Orlando, because with Sheed and KG on the court its very hard for Dwight to guard either of them.

The Cavs still need a versatile 4 that can hit deep jumpers, or they just will be the same team as last year.

The Cavs still need a versatile 4 that can hit deep jumpers, or they just will be the same team as last year.
    I can see that. People are all over them with the Shaq trade but the truth is that they got killed by the pick-and-roll and defending that isn't Shaq's specialty.

I can see that. People are all over them with the Shaq trade but the truth is that they got killed by the pick-and-roll and defending that isn't Shaq's specialty.
    Exactly, and not to mention Shaq clogs the lane even more, which will keep LeBron out of it more. The versatile 4 can stretch the court and like you said, guard the pick and roll.

Thread Information