Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Nba

Senior Member All-Star canuckthug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    He has been 1 of my favorite players in the league for a few years but he really looks like a douche and it would be nice if he would just STFU.

Some more Dwight Howard/Orlando Magic controversy: I see this being the end of Stan not Howard.
    "I haven't said anything to anybody about anything. Our main concern is winning. So all the other stuff should stop." - Howard

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said Thursday he has been told by high-ranking team officials that centre Dwight Howard has previously asked that he be fired.
    "I know he has," Van Gundy told reporters after the team's morning shoot around in preparation for their Thursday night matchup with the New York Knicks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=392331

EDIT: Here's the video. I think its pretty funny. Van Gundy doesnt want any part of Dwight and Van Gundy is just asking for a dismissal with some of his comments.
    Last edited by canuckthug; 04-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.

King Nitbag Hall of Famer Doctego's Avatar
    Good for him (Van Gundy). As much as I love Howard as a player, I think that he looks like an ass in this whole deal. He has way too much authority. Agreeing to stay on for another year doesn't mean shit, either. All it means is that we might have to go through this "will he or won't he" bullshit again next year.

Few things:

Good for Stan. He's all about basketball, and not about anything else. He wins games, he coaches his tail off and he doesn't suck Dwight's toes.

919, to say Stan doesn't want Dwight around is silly. Stan just wants all of this bullshit that's going on to end, Dwight to sign in Orlando and move on. Dwight makes Stan a better coach, Stan makes Dwight a better player.

Unfortunately, Orlando has handled the situation like a bunch of amateurs.

Good for Stan though. As someone who lives in Orlando and has been a fan of the team for years, he's been outstanding for the franchise. The day he leaves will be a really sad day.

Wow Dwight Howard, wow.

Dwight Howard gets a much bigger FU now after the bullshit that he pulled yesterday. I don't care what issues he has with the coach. You don't take the night off like he did. I feel bad for Orlando and their fans because I can see them firing Van Gundy and then Howard still leaving after next year.

Informative Asshole Hall of Famer
    This new era of NBA players is an embarrassment to professional athletes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nineoneone View Post
    Im waiting for, "World Peace attacks fans in front row" or something along those lines.
    7 games for World Peace,, 1 regular season game, 6 possible playoff games. im not laughing at the concussion, im laughing at the idiocy of Ron Artest, (what a joke).

OUch, Derrick Rose done for the entire playoffs. The injury happened during garbage time too with the Bulls leading by 12 late in the game. The Bulls were the best team in the regular season and many people have (had) them getting to the east finals against the Heat. Bulls can`t win without their MVP. The Bulls will lose in round 2 against the Celtics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...jaSoCbYVG8vLYF

The Bulls will lose in round 2 against the Celtics.
    I don't know about that but his loss is obviously huge.

That Clippers-Grizzlies game 7 was intense. You practically had to commit a felony for the refs to call anything. What a game!

All aboard the Clippers train!

Virtual must win for OKC tonight. No team has come back from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals.

Wow, the Magic got robbed! (not quite Williams-Williams-Mourning robbed, but robbed!)

Senior Member All-Star snoopzen's Avatar
    Something for what was going to be nothing, really. They just didn't want to get burned again like they did when Shaq left them (ironically, also for the Lakers) leaving them with nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopzen View Post
    Something for what was going to be nothing, really. They just didn't want to get burned again like they did when Shaq left them (ironically, also for the Lakers) leaving them with nothing in return.
    They were always going to get something for him but they clearly overplayed their hand. In many ways, the Nets offer and the Rockets offer was better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctego View Post
    They were always going to get something for him but they clearly overplayed their hand. In many ways, the Nets offer and the Rockets offer was better than this.
    I'm glad they took this offer since it worked out perfectly for my Sixers!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy78 View Post
    I'm glad they took this offer since it worked out perfectly for my Sixers!!
    And mine. That said, while I agree that it was time for Iguodala to move on, I don't like everything that they gave up. It should work out nicely for them, especially if Bynum decides to stay after this coming season. Am I missing something or do they desperately need to deal at least 1 center?

Thread Information